Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667686970 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1042
    Spectacular Member

Did anybody else's eyes roll back into their head upon reading how this is based on "the fresh and innovative take" by Wells and Young?

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Did anybody else's eyes roll back into their head upon reading how this is based on "the fresh and innovative take" by Wells and Young?
    they might have rolled if I weren't vomiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/new-wa...ounced-no-nova

Yep, it's as bad as I thought it'd be. Poor Dwayne, they brought him back only to ruin him.

Peace
    I didn't expect to take it so hard. but I just teared up. it was cruel to bring Dwayne back for this. I was so angry when they killed Dwayne, put Donyell in that suit, and tried to establish him as the better Night Thrasher. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Well this sucks like I knew it would the moment they tied the New Warriors to Squirrel Girl. I've never rooted for a Mack Truck turning a squirrel into road kill as much as I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/new-wa...ounced-no-nova

Yep, it's as bad as I thought it'd be. Poor Dwayne, they brought him back only to ruin him.

Peace
    I'd ordinarily say I'm disappointed if this didn't sound exactly like what I was expecting when this was first announced.

Oh well...

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Only two that they're using were killed. Thrasher and Microbe. Speedball didn't die, and the third fatality, Namorita, isn't getting used... either Marvel don't have the Namor rights or it's because she's a mutant.
    Or they just don't want to introduce Namorita before Namor.

Given that it's a comedy, this isn't surprising. The combination with the GLA makes some sense as well with Squirrel Girl.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I know I'm a complete hypocrite for saying this, but I'm really glad Squirrel Girl is on the show. When it comes to DC stuff, I'm the first one to shout "BETRAYAL!" at any changes from the comics, but that's because I've literally been reading DC for as long as I've known how to read, Hell, I DID learn to read by reading Legion of Super Heroes books. But when it comes to Marvel, I'm only a few notches above a casual fan.

And as a slightly more than casual fan, I've never read a New Warriors comic, but I f**king love Doreen Green. She's my favorite Marvel hero, and one of my top 5 heroes in general. The only other characters in this roster I've heard of are Mister Immortal and Speedball, and while I've read some Speedball stuff, I haven't actually read anything with Mister Immortal.

So really, I only have three hopes for this show: 1) A great Squirrel Girl portrayal, 2) It's Just a funny show in general, and 3) It doesn't do things that will piss off fans of these characters.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

The new warriors will forever be known as a joke team now. Sad.

Astonishing Member

Well uncle its already failed at not pissing off Fans.

We were never going to get Namorita, Firestar, Justice or Nova.

But yeah those character descriptions so bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    We were never going to get Namorita, Firestar, Justice or Nova.
    ...It's beginning to feel that way, especially after reading this particular Article.....

[QUOTE=juan678;2760184]Ultragirl becoming Ms. Marvel.

.....And so (whether active or not) the NW Discussions continues........

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    At this point, it would almost be TOO complicated to suddenly bring her back into the story, as you’d have to do one heck of a job to explain where she’s been all of these years.
    This would have been easy to solve, had Nova not just been cancelled. Wherever Namorita is is also where Robert Rider is. He's said to be missing. I believe that with the Nova Corps depowered, and Namorita's powers not including the abilty to breathe in space, they're stranded on an alien world. So Rich and Sam just need to rescue them. Maybe they could still do that, in All-New Guardians of the Galaxy?

As for time paradoxes, well, we can safely assume that what happened to Namorita is exactly the same as what happened to the All-New O5 X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    ...It's beginning to feel that way, especially after reading this particular Article.....

.....And here's another interesting NW related Article about Ultragirl becoming Ms. Marvel.

.....And so (whether active or not) the NW Discussions continues........
    Ultragirl never actually became Ms. Marvel - Carol was still using the codename at the time - she just adopted the costume. There's now nothing stopping her using it again, if they brought the character out of limbo, as Moonstone is no longer using it.

I find it interesting they had Elizabeth Torque do art to promote the new team, as if it were a cover for a new New Warriors book with this exact same roster...

Astonishing Member

Yeah - I'm thinking that there WILL be a comic and that will be a variant. The main would probably have different costumes though, especially for Squirrel Girl (who needs to match her solo) and Thrash (to match the show, which probably WON'T use that style of mask).