Super Moderator

Default No Marvel One-Shot with "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Blu-ray

The "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Blu-ray release will not contain a Marvel One-Shot when it hits shelves September 9.

Full article here.

Not bothered by no one-shot, but... September 9th for the blu release date - at least the digital will be out on August 19th.
    Last edited by Cold_War_Myth; 05-30-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    Blending into the shadows...

Boo! That's half the fun.

I will say this is dissapointing. It's always fun to get a small bonus, and be able to expand the universe further. I hope it's not the end for One-Shots.

September 9? D:

3 more months of waiting?
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Actually LIKES comics!

.......... I honestly can't think of one that builds on what came before that isn't being well covered elsewhere. Considering the last two one-shots, this would likely be a Thor one, but those are cost prohibitive if Fiege's previous comments about a Loki one-shot are to be believed. If anything, I think Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter and the Netflix series' ARE covering ground that they couldn't previously making the one-shot slightly more redundant.

Now after GotG, that might not be the case ...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tigris View Post
    .......... I honestly can't think of one that builds on what came before that isn't being well covered elsewhere. Considering the last two one-shots, this would likely be a Thor one, but those are cost prohibitive if Fiege's previous comments about a Loki one-shot are to be believed. If anything, I think Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter and the Netflix series' ARE covering ground that they couldn't previously making the one-shot slightly more redundant.

Now after GotG, that might not be the case ...
    Very good point. And they shouldn't be making one just to be making one.

Might be in a different position a couple movies down the line....

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tigris View Post
    If anything, I think Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter and the Netflix series' ARE covering ground that they couldn't previously making the one-shot slightly more redundant.
    Well, Agent Carter is happening because of her one-shot. I guess since it's the only one that's lead to anything more, they might not feel the format is needed.
    Original Join Date: Oct 2005

Disappointing there's no Marvel One-Shot.

They're exciting, so I am too disappointed.
    'I will shed all of this skin to the very bone beneath it, if that's what it will take for you to come to the realisation that appearance is not what makes a human beautiful'

Everything in "Winter Soldier" was so well tied in with "Agents of Shield" I wish they would have at least made a little one-shot in the manner of "Schwarma" that just showed Ward busting rocks, wiping sweat, then busting some more rocks.

I would have liked to see a Runaways set-up.
    'I will shed all of this skin to the very bone beneath it, if that's what it will take for you to come to the realisation that appearance is not what makes a human beautiful'

BANNED

This sucks, never buying anything from Marvel again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    September 9? D:

3 more months of waiting?

Yeah that is making me ache just a little.
    Blending into the shadows...