Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default RUMOR: Josh Brolin to Play Thanos in "Guardians of the Galaxy"

A new report indicates that "Oldboy" actor Josh Brolin has been cast as the Mad Titan Thanos in James Gunn's "Guardians of the Galaxy."

Full article here.

Okay with this.
    Virtue untested is innocence.

Wow, no mention of Jonah Hex?

Default Thanos to be played by.......

'I will shed all of this skin to the very bone beneath it, if that's what it will take for you to come to the realisation that appearance is not what makes a human beautiful'

I can live with this.
    'I will shed all of this skin to the very bone beneath it, if that's what it will take for you to come to the realisation that appearance is not what makes a human beautiful'

BANNED

Bad ass if true.

Looking at his features, he can pull off Thanos.

I guess Thanos is entirely CGI, or was already motion captured by another actor? Usually the voice actor does some kind of work with the CGI(measurments, face capture, etc), but it's a little bit late for that now.

meh... just a rumor, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    I guess Thanos is entirely CGI, or was already motion captured by another actor? Usually the voice actor does some kind of work with the CGI(measurments, face capture, etc), but it's a little bit late for that now.
    I think its just voice-acting in GOTG, I've always suspected it could be Sean Gunn, as James stated he has a 'Key Role', and he did do the capture for Rocket, a little I think. But yeah, I suspect Brolin will be motion capture, I like Mo-cap better, it feels more authentic.

It's because of Josh Brolin's chin, right? That's why he's being considered for the part?

Ok, not familiar with how filming works... but isn't GotG set for release by the end of July/early August? I'm not complaining one bit about him being Thanos, but isn't it late for casting?

Default Josh Brolin to play Thanos

Apparently Josh Brolin is going to play Thanos, not familiar with the name though, but at least now we know who is going to play Thanos. What's everyone's thoughts on Josh Brolin?

UPDATE 5/30/2014 1:18 PM PT: Variety has posted a report citing its own sources that Brolin has been cast as Thanos. However, there is still currently no confirmation from Marvel Studios.

Since his appearance in the post-credits scene of Marvel Studios' "The Avengers," fans have been wondering when they might see Thanos again in the studio's Cinematic Universe. While reports certainly indicate he'll show up in "Guardians of the Galaxy," there was no name to put with the face. However, an unconfirmed report from Latino Review states that Marvel has cast Josh Brolin in the role of the Mad Titan.

It is widely believed that Thanos is the mystery villain on a rocket-powered throne referred to in Businessweek's profile on studio head Kevin Feige. The character was played in his split-second appearance at the end of "The Avengers" by Damion Poitier, but if the rumor is true, it looks like Marvel decided to bring someone else into the role. Brolin has had a good amount of experience with genre film, playing the lead role in Spike Lee's "Oldboy," a young Tommy Lee Jones in "Men in Black 3" and Dwight in the upcoming "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For."

If accurate, Brolin's casting would be the latest big piece of casting news from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with Charlie Cox's casting as Matt Murdock/Daredevil announced earlier this week.

"Guardians of the Galaxy" is set to hit theaters August 1.

He's been cast for months, maybe even a year but, Marvel have kept silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Neun View Post
    Ok, not familiar with how filming works... but isn't GotG set for release by the end of July/early August? I'm not complaining one bit about him being Thanos, but isn't it late for casting?
    I get the impression Thanos will be another post-credits scene.
    Virtue untested is innocence.