Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 382
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,502

    Default "Fantastic Four" May Live On-Screen, Disappear From Comics

    CBR News has confirmed that Marvel may be without a "Fantastic Four" series in the near future, stemming from Fox's long-held movie rights.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    This is really all that needs be said.

    On Tumblr, Marvel senior vice president of publishing Tom Brevoort responded to a fan inquiry on the issue, writing, "My denying rumors isn’t likely to keep anybody who’s prone to paranoia from panicking. But really, does this even seem remotely plausible to people? Does it make any sense? Folks have a very strange idea as to the way a business is run."

  3. #3
    Senior Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With Slaine in Albion
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    I still don't quite buy the Fox films snub. Characters/teams have been unpublished for years at a time. Wait and see here.
    Former Marvel girl...

  4. #4
    Senior Member UltimateTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    This is messed up
    Pull List keeps shrinking

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    From my impression, the comic movies haven't significantly boosted comic sales. It seems to do more for toys and appeal than anything else. I could be wrong. It would be nice if there were something that advertised that the characters could be found in comics at local comic shops.

  6. #6
    Senior Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    I'm with Tom on this one, logically the idea that they will cancel Fantastic Four and Ultimate FF(which are not even connected except by name and a few characters) because they don't have the movie rights is just utterly ridiculous and defies all amount of simple logic and business sense.

  7. #7
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    636

    Default

    This is so...odd. It's weird, because I went for decades without much caring either way about the F4, and only recently with 'Marvel NOW' have I started following, and enjoying, them again.

    I suppose there are years of back stories I can chase down though, it this comes to pass. :/

  8. #8
    Lost in Lala Land Rozen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm with Tom on this one, logically the idea that they will cancel Fantastic Four and Ultimate FF(which are not even connected except by name and a few characters) because they don't have the movie rights is just utterly ridiculous and defies all amount of simple logic and business sense.
    My thoughts exactly. If Marvel wasn't above snuffing out books that they don't own the movie rights to, then why are X-Men comics still being made?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Dayle88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Didn't Tom Breevort recently say on Tumblr "stop reading Bleeding Cool."? Also, I'm pretty sure Marvel.com had promotion for Amazing Spider-man 2 and shared the trailers so they can't be that bothered about other studios making money off of their characters.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    My thoughts exactly. If Marvel wasn't above snuffing out books that they don't own the movie rights to, then why are X-Men comics still being made?
    The article said it's because X-Men sales are too high to be cancelled but Marvel has stopped promoting them. Though I have to agree that cancelling F4 to spite Fox makes pretty much no sense at all.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Didn't Tom Breevort recently say on Tumblr "stop reading Bleeding Cool."? Also, I'm pretty sure Marvel.com had promotion for Amazing Spider-man 2 and shared the trailers so they can't be that bothered about other studios making money off of their characters.
    Well, it's advice he isn't taking.

    Read the Bleeding Cool articles. It is not about Sony, their relationship is different to Fox. And it's not about cancelling X-books, but they are no longer having the kind of promotion they had in the days of Schism. It's about cancelling the lesser selling FF books, which is minimal cost to Marvel. And this is just the kind of move one might associate with Ike.

    More on Bleeding Cool tomorrow. If Tom will let you read it.

  12. #12
    Wanda Has Arrived Reed! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    This is really all that needs be said.
    On Tumblr, Marvel senior vice president of publishing Tom Brevoort responded to a fan inquiry on the issue, writing, "My denying rumors isn’t likely to keep anybody who’s prone to paranoia from panicking. But really, does this even seem remotely plausible to people? Does it make any sense? Folks have a very strange idea as to the way a business is run."
    Yea, Pretty Much what Tom Brevoort Said, I don't take much stock in this at all. I Think this is just Bleeding Cool trying to make a story, fan the flames of the Studio Wars. Would not be the 1st time either I believe too.
    "“You Requested Magical Assistance, Dr. Richards…..

    ……I Trust That My “Spells” Will Suffice!?”


    Scarlet Witch - Fantastic Four NOW, Vol. 2 - #10

    http://i.imgur.com/Vt2hSMc.png

    http://i.imgur.com/Vi3fwZq.png

  13. #13
    Senior Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    This is messed up
    Agreed. It's messed up that we even have to talk about it.

  14. #14

    Default

    I've always wondered why Spider-man shows up everywhere even though he's owned by Sony, I always thought it was because he sold so much. Turns out it's because the Sony deal is different than the Fox deal.

    Also, does this article confirm that the FF (616) on-going is gonna stop?
    Last edited by Viteh; 05-30-2014 at 05:57 PM.

  15. #15
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Well, it's advice he isn't taking.

    Read the Bleeding Cool articles. It is not about Sony, their relationship is different to Fox. And it's not about cancelling X-books, but they are no longer having the kind of promotion they had in the days of Schism. It's about cancelling the lesser selling FF books, which is minimal cost to Marvel. And this is just the kind of move one might associate with Ike.

    More on Bleeding Cool tomorrow. If Tom will let you read it.
    What about BotA level promotions? That was an X-Men event without any Avengers that even got a mobile videogame.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •