Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Wink Is it time for UltraForce and Exiles to return?

Surely these teams can only save Marvel now?

Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

We still don't even know why Marvel refuses to use them.

Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The best way to bring Exiles back would be to bring back Battleworld and have several alternate reality versions of heroes, X-Men or otherwise, from the domains of that planet formed into a team to defend the multiverse. Maybe even with Reed and Sue overseeing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The best way to bring Exiles back would be to bring back Battleworld and have several alternate reality versions of heroes, X-Men or otherwise, from the domains of that planet formed into a team to defend the multiverse. Maybe even with Reed and Sue overseeing them.
    If they didn't come back in Secret Wars, I pretty much think they will never come back. If there was ever a time to do it, it was then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    We still don't even know why Marvel refuses to use them.
    If I remember right isn't it kinda like DC with Milestone in that they don't own the characters 100% and have to pay the creators a fee every time they are used? I could have sworn I read that somewhere a while ago. Marvel has all the publishing rights or something but doesn't own them completly I think.

Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If I remember right isn't it kinda like DC with Milestone in that they don't own the characters 100% and have to pay the creators a fee every time they are used? I could have sworn I read that somewhere a while ago. Marvel has all the publishing rights or something but doesn't own them completly I think.
    Some think it's because of the cut that the original creative teams would get...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05...he-ultraverse/

... but I also vaguely recall an interview where Quesada suggested that there was more to it than that, some dark little secret that no one wants to discuss for fear of a royal **** storm resulting. I'll see if I can find the article.

Fantastic Member

I do miss them but I fear we won't see them again

Oh. Those Exiles. I thought you were talking about the X-Men Exiles and I was going to say that Marvel missed a big opportunity not using them in Secret Wars.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Some think it's because of the cut that the original creative teams would get...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05...he-ultraverse/

... but I also vaguely recall an interview where Quesada suggested that there was more to it than that, some dark little secret that no one wants to discuss for fear of a royal **** storm resulting. I'll see if I can find the article.
    Brevoort has said that there is some non-disclosure agreements on the Ultraverse after some lawsuits. So don't expect to see any of the characters soon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Oh. Those Exiles. I thought you were talking about the X-Men Exiles and I was going to say that Marvel missed a big opportunity not using them in Secret Wars.
    best x book ever imo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Brevoort has said that there is some non-disclosure agreements on the Ultraverse after some lawsuits. So don't expect to see any of the characters soon.
    Well, the copyright will eventually expire. We'll see them then, and never again.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Surely these teams can only save Marvel now?

Ultraforce, sure, I'd love to see them again. Exiles, not so much. I prefered the dimension hopping version. Even the version of Ultraforce I want to see is not the one above. As much as I usually deslike Gerard Jones' work (and this was something that already happened waaaaaay before recent facts), I really liked the original George Perez drawn Malibu Ultraforce, reluctantly led by Hardcase.

Peace

Only if we get gay, cowboy Logan and AOA Blink co-leading.

Dc was also in the running to buy Malibu comics. I wonder if they got it over marvel would the ultraverse still be around like the wildstorm universe or buried?

I wish marvel would just sell them if they won't use them.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

I'm not sure that selling would solve the problem. Ultimately it all comes down to too many cooks spoiling the broth. The contracts which Malibu made with the original creators just makes the concept of anybody buying and using the Ultraverse characters financially implausible. You have to sell such quantities to make it worthwhile, and yet with such a relatively small number of people actually remembering the brand and characters at this point that is incredibly unlikely.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn