Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 194
  1. #151

    Default

    I'm always hoping someone brings Cassie up.
    Back from the Phantom Zone... but for how long?

    Clearly, Carol Danvers has taken the expression "man up" a little too seriously.


    FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

  2. #152
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I'm always hoping someone brings Cassie up.
    In case you're still wondering about Miss Lang; she was briefly mentioned within SECRET EMPIRE #2 as being safe from everything that's been happening from Said Event.......and it might be possible that she could be mention within the upcoming SE: UNDERGROUND Miniseries.

  3. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    In case you're still wondering about Miss Lang; she was briefly mentioned within SECRET EMPIRE #2 as being safe from everything that's been happening from Said Event.......and it might be possible that she could be mention within the upcoming SE: UNDERGROUND Miniseries.
    I almost got sucked into reading Secret Empire... I bought one issue to see what the fuss was about and I will try to not buy any more. I appreciate the status report on Cassie though. Thumbs-up!
    Back from the Phantom Zone... but for how long?

    Clearly, Carol Danvers has taken the expression "man up" a little too seriously.


    FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

  4. #154
    Incredible Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Well, Cassie being in Florida is both a bless and a curse: she's safe from whatever mess is always happening in NY, but at the same time that just gives writers more reasons to not use her in stories. I like the change of scenery, but I wish she would move back, honestly, because if she's not getting a book set in Florida anytime soon, she's just probably going to be stuck in editorial limbo.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-19-2017 at 01:32 PM.

  5. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, Cassie being in Florida is both a bless and a curse: she's safe from whatever mess is always happening in NY, but at the same time that just gives writers more reasons to not use her in stories. I like the change of scenery, but I wish she would move back, honestly, because if she's not getting a book set in Florida anytime soon, she's just probably going to be stuck in editorial limbo.
    she's not in Florida. Scott got her (and, presumably, her mother) out of the country (because of Secret Empire).
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  6. #156
    Incredible Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Oh, right. I haven't actually read the issue yet, so I wasn't aware. Anyway, my point still stands: Cassie not being in NY and her father not having a book set in Florida just dooms the character to limbo.

  7. #157
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    6,181

    Default

    This was posted in the X forum (because of Quicksilver, whose Ultimate counterpart turned up in Blue #4). Figured it should also go here because of Jonas and Cassie's conversation. It's from Mighty Avengers: Siege.

  8. #158
    Awesome #1 a0040pc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    I wonder if we'll see Ultimate Cassie. I was always looking forward to seeing her in the Ultimates but it never happened and I don't know why.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

  9. #159

    Default

    I was hoping that was the Cassie we were getting back. Honestly, I think she's pretty much going to go back into limbo because we already have Giant Man, Kamala Kahn and Nadia Pym, and Cassie isn't "diverse" enough to get a push these days sadly. I'm saying this as a person of color.
    Back from the Phantom Zone... but for how long?

    Clearly, Carol Danvers has taken the expression "man up" a little too seriously.


    FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

  10. #160
    Incredible Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I was hoping that was the Cassie we were getting back. Honestly, I think she's pretty much going to go back into limbo because we already have Giant Man, Kamala Kahn and Nadia Pym, and Cassie isn't "diverse" enough to get a push these days sadly. I'm saying this as a person of color.
    I don't think Giant-Man and Ms. Marvel have much to do with Cassie not being used. I think she would still be in limbo even if those characters didn't exist, tbh (and it's not even like Raz is getting a bigh push either; most people don't even remember him when it comes to legacy characters). I think Nadia, however, might be a bigger problem, because if you think about it, she's a lot like Cassie: a smart, sweet girl who happens to be the daughter of Ant-Man and wants to follow on her father footsteps. Talk about bad timing: just one month after Cassie got her Stinger identity, they introduced Nadia as another teen version of the Wasp, put her in the main Avengers team and gave her a solo. That completely overshadowed Cassie's new identity. I feel like the role Nadia is having right now in the MU could've easily being given to Cassie, and it would've made just as much sense.

    I don't think race was a factor. I mean, Nadia is also a common white girl, but that didn't stop Marvel from pushing her. MCU synergy helped a lot, too. Which is why I hope Cassie gets a bigger role in the MCU going forward; it seems like that's what it takes for a character to be relevant in comics again.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-28-2017 at 11:47 AM.

  11. #161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think Giant-Man and Ms. Marvel have much to do with Cassie not being used. I think she would still be in limbo even if those characters didn't exist, tbh (and it's not even like Raz is getting a bigh push either; most people don't even remember him when it comes to legacy characters). I think Nadia, however, might be a bigger problem, because if you think about it, she's a lot like Cassie: a smart, sweet girl who happens to be the daughter of Ant-Man and wants to follow on her father footsteps. And to top it all, just one month after Cassie got her Stinger identity, they introduced Nadia as another teen version of the Wasp, put her in the main Avengers team and gave her a solo. Talk about bad timing, because it completely overshadowed Cassie's new identity. I feel like the role Nadia is having right now in the MU could've easily being given to Cassie, and it would've made just as much sense.

    I don't think race was a factor. I mean, Nadia is also a common white girl, but that didn't stop Marvel from pushing her. MCU synergy helped a lot, too. Which is why I hope Cassie gets a bigger role in the MCU going forward; it seems like that's what it takes for a character to be relevant in comics again.
    Cassie hasn't yet demonstrated science proficiency. She can't do what Nadia is doing; story-wise. Problem is that little thought was given to the creation of the young avengers, imo. Their hook was that they were sort of Avengers analogues. They could have made her smart. They had other ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  12. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I wonder if we'll see Ultimate Cassie. I was always looking forward to seeing her in the Ultimates but it never happened and I don't know why.
    It did happen. She swiped her father's spot; unexplainedly. I remember being giant size and having a broken leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  13. #163
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Talk about bad timing: just one month after Cassie got her Stinger identity, they introduced Nadia as another teen version of the Wasp, put her in the main Avengers team and gave her a solo. That completely overshadowed Cassie's new identity. I feel like the role Nadia is having right now in the MU could've easily being given to Cassie, and it would've made just as much sense.
    Indeed.

    Rather than Nadia, I would much rather have had Maria Trovaya (Pym's first wife) turn out to not be dead, to have been an operative trained in the Red Room to infiltrate the American scientific community and pillage their secrets. She latched onto Hank Pym, who was at least peripherally working for the government, in the early days, and kept his best secrets for herself, before faking her death and returning to Russia, where she's now running the Red Room, and helping produce the larger-than-normal pilots used in the Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man armors, and implementing cybernetic control technology for human/armor interfaces, or other machinery, all adapted from the data she stole from her husband (and has refined on her own, being quite smart herself, being chosen to infiltrate the scientific community for that very reason).

    Cassie would go on to be the heroic Pym legacy, while 'the Swarm Queen' in charge of the Red Room would become a new villain, using cybernetic control chips (based off of the cybernetic control's in the original Ant-Man helmet) to control *people* she's implanted with her tech, as well as robots, tanks, chipped radioactive mutant animals from the Presence-zone in Russia, etc.

    Then again, Nadia might turn out to be a Manchurian candidate of some sort, and surprise me in a good way...

  14. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think Giant-Man and Ms. Marvel have much to do with Cassie not being used. I think she would still be in limbo even if those characters didn't exist, tbh (and it's not even like Raz is getting a bigh push either; most people don't even remember him when it comes to legacy characters). I think Nadia, however, might be a bigger problem, because if you think about it, she's a lot like Cassie: a smart, sweet girl who happens to be the daughter of Ant-Man and wants to follow on her father footsteps. Talk about bad timing: just one month after Cassie got her Stinger identity, they introduced Nadia as another teen version of the Wasp, put her in the main Avengers team and gave her a solo. That completely overshadowed Cassie's new identity. I feel like the role Nadia is having right now in the MU could've easily being given to Cassie, and it would've made just as much sense.

    I don't think race was a factor. I mean, Nadia is also a common white girl, but that didn't stop Marvel from pushing her. MCU synergy helped a lot, too. Which is why I hope Cassie gets a bigger role in the MCU going forward; it seems like that's what it takes for a character to be relevant in comics again.
    I neglected to mention the MCU synergy in Nadia's case. I'm not a fan of this constant synergizing but it's my only hope of seeing Cassie become relevant again... assuming she doesn't end up in the MCU's limbo as well.
    Back from the Phantom Zone... but for how long?

    Clearly, Carol Danvers has taken the expression "man up" a little too seriously.


    FAVES: A-ko (Project A-ko), Rogue, Cassandra Cain, Supergirl (New 52), Power Girl (Kara Zor-El), She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Cruz, Silk, Cassandra Lang

  15. #165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Indeed.

    Rather than Nadia, I would much rather have had Maria Trovaya (Pym's first wife) turn out to not be dead, to have been an operative trained in the Red Room to infiltrate the American scientific community and pillage their secrets. She latched onto Hank Pym, who was at least peripherally working for the government, in the early days, and kept his best secrets for herself, before faking her death and returning to Russia, where she's now running the Red Room, and helping produce the larger-than-normal pilots used in the Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man armors, and implementing cybernetic control technology for human/armor interfaces, or other machinery, all adapted from the data she stole from her husband (and has refined on her own, being quite smart herself, being chosen to infiltrate the scientific community for that very reason).

    Cassie would go on to be the heroic Pym legacy, while 'the Swarm Queen' in charge of the Red Room would become a new villain, using cybernetic control chips (based off of the cybernetic control's in the original Ant-Man helmet) to control *people* she's implanted with her tech, as well as robots, tanks, chipped radioactive mutant animals from the Presence-zone in Russia, etc.

    Then again, Nadia might turn out to be a Manchurian candidate of some sort, and surprise me in a good way...
    We don't know that the Mother (cliffhanger character of Nadia's last issue) isn't Maria.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •