Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyflute View Post
    He's 18? Wow. I thought he was 12.
    Which is perfect, baby face actors should be usable in a given role longer. He's the ralph macchio of the marvel universe now and he could be spiderman for like 20 years.

Can't Decide on an Avatar TheLemsterPju's Avatar

I like that they're starting with an actor that young looking so Spidey won't end up looking like someone in his 30s by his third or fourth appearance.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Wow, he actually really looks the part! I never heard of him, but he sure looks like Peter Parker. I couldn't stand Andrew Garfield in the role, way too much of a pretty boy.
    I woukd t say peter has always looked hkt but andrew really doesn't look like a pretty boy. With his messy hair, long face abd big nose he looks like the tallest hobbit and the next doctor who

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    I like that they're starting with an actor that young looking so Spidey won't end up looking like someone in his 30s by his third or fourth appearance.
    Yeah but the way he looks. He looks like a 7th grader than an 11th grader. You know who would've really fitted better? That kid from under the dome. He seems to have that underdog geekiness.

It's a pun

He was my favourite candidate of the ones were were given. He definitely looks the part. I haven't seen this kid's muscles, but I don't need Spidey to be that muscley anyway.

I like that the kid actually looks like a teenager. Sure, he looks a little young for an eighteen year old, but I prefer that to having people in their late 20's playing teenagers constantly. Speaking as someone who loved Garfield's Spider-Man, he, at best, looked like he was a college freshman... maybe. And by ASM2, he looked like he was graduaating COLLEGE, not high school.
    Last edited by Will of the Geeks; 05-15-2015 at 12:41 AM.
    There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    He's too old. I thought they wanted a real teenager, not an adult playing a teenager.
    Who cares? He looks 14.

Wow, he actually really looks the part! I never heard of him, but he sure looks like Peter Parker. I couldn't stand Andrew Garfield in the role, way too much of a pretty boy.
    agreed couldn't stand Garfield
    and that arrogant sneer that was supposed to charm the audience
    he can fuck off and take his funny looking girlfriend with him
    ender's the way to go
    hes the future

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by dregj View Post
    ender's the way to go
    hes the future
    Wow someone's a hater. No Peter has always been arrogant even in the ditko days. Maguire was basically a George mcfly clone. That is not how a nerd and how peter Parker is like.

Asa is a great actor but he looks like he's 14 rather than 16 or 17.

Not A Superman Historian Speed Force League Unlimited's Avatar

I don't know what to think of Asa in the role, he looks like a young John Cusaac, and a bit like a young Zachary Quinto.
    No idea how charming he can be behind the camera, Peter Parker needs to be of a charming persona.
    Peter is a pretty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by dregj View Post
    ender's the way to go
    hes the future
    The occasional smug Andrew's version displayed is faithful to the character, not out of arrogance, more of a ticked reaction, given in less aggressive mannerism.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Wow someone's a hater. No Peter has always been arrogant even in the ditko days. Maguire was basically a George mcfly clone. That is not how a nerd and how peter Parker is like.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Asa is a great actor but he looks like he's 14 rather than 16 or 17.
    Which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    He's too old. I thought they wanted a real teenager, not an adult playing a teenager.
    No, they want someone who looks like a teenager but has no restrictions on how many hours they can be on the set for because of child labor laws.

Curious. Ender's Game had a very buggy plot with the alien race. Well, good luck to this young man, or whoever gets it. I'm not super enthused about whatever happens next in the saga, though.

Veteran Member

I dunno...I'm not seeing it.