Cracking 206 Bones
Yes, there's alot of stuff that the MCU folks say that seems .... not thought out. Though, to be fair, some of the stuff that is reported is questions asked in passing, instead of in a real interview -- like when Dante said the Invaders were going to be in the first Cap movie. The Wakanda thing was pretty silly, from what I recall.
Yes, that was one of my complaints about Sub-Mariner Revolution, also. So much potential, mainly ignored. It did have the best last page, however.
I meant to say about the Namor the First Mutant series, that there some nice nods to Namor fans, and it was probably appreciated by us, than newer readers.
I enjoyed Fear Itself The Deep, but it's not typical Namor, since he spends most of it under a spell.
Glad to hear you enjoyed the Invaders stuff... though now I remember I left off most of that, in my rush. I do love Bucky and Namor, together, even better than Namor and Cap.
Last edited by Reviresco; 05-20-2015 at 12:51 AM.
So can anyone answer just a few questions about Namor for me? Just so I can get a feel for his backstory?
1) Where is his current standing as ruler of Atlantis? Does Atlantis even exist anymore?
2) When did he go from Prince to King?
3) Where is his standing with the X-Men? Are they fallen out or just separated?
4) What's the mythology behind Atlanteans? Do they worship gods like Poseidon or no? Do they have a pantheon of gods?
Last edited by Prince Of Orphans; 05-20-2015 at 05:55 AM.
Currently Reading: MARVEL: Secret Wars, Ghost Racers, House of M, Planet Hulk, Civil War /// IMAGE: Mythic, Wytches, East of West
Upcoming Reading: DC: Metal Men /// MARVEL: Blade, Daredevil, Black Knight, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Moon Knight, Ultimates, Squadron Supreme /// IMAGE: Tokyo Ghost, The One %
Namor, Namora, Namorita in A-Force.
He was a king. But then you and all the rest of your kind threw his people to a pack of wolves called the Cabal. And now his city is ash... which is all I now offer you.
Avengers World today... awesome issue for Namor. spoilers:
end of spoilers
Even Thanos gives him a compliment of sorts, and I'm not sure how many people we've seen physically go toe-to-toe in a one-on-one with Thanos and draw blood from the Mad Titan
Last edited by remy leheaux; 05-20-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Namor had a really great showing in Avengers World today. great seeing him go toe to toe with Thanos. not many can.
Is anyone else having a problem with this site today? It's incredibly slow, I'm having scrolling issues, and now my there's a typing delay that's causing me all sorts of problems. Ugh. Maybe it's Firefox.
1) Hasn't been answered by Hickman, though there were surviving Atlanteans who wanted to fight Proxima. Continuity says there are other colonies and cities of the Atlantean empire that weren't even mentioned by Hickman.
2) This is a recent naming thing that has no change in his role. I think it was Fraction who changed it for some reason. If Namor was going to be upgraded, it should have been to Emperor, like his Grandfather. Though there have a been a few times that he's been called Emperor. The titles of Atlanteans were complicated by some writers. I've always preferred Prince Namor to his King Neptune.
3) Hasn't been dealt with at all by the X-office or Hickman. It's like he ceased to exist and was erased like a heretic pharaoh, after AvX. The first time we saw him interact with an X-man since was the recent Magneto.
4) There's some cool 'ancient evil' and Atlantean stuff that has been used before, but Atanteans worshiped Neptune since he helped them fight the 'ancient evil' and lived amongst them. Sometimes their rulers claim to be the heirs of Neptune and vice versa. Some other Greco-Roman myths have shown up, like Proteus, but I don't think they are worshiped like Neptune. Set / Naga also have followers, but they are basically the equivalent of Satanists amongst the Atlanteans.
he's the only male in a place where it's all females, he's in heaven !
might take another reading
Cracking 206 Bones