Page 255 of 271 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    MCU producers make bogus excuses like that all the time. There was a period where they said they weren't making Black Panther because Wakanda would be unbelievable/too difficult to film. This is of course while promoting Thor and announcing GotG.
    is it really harder to film a black panther movie in africa than the CGI they need to render in asgard and outer space??

oh and i was wondering if the apperance list excluded any character?
    i'm surprised cap,iron man,thor and reed richards are'nt on it :/
    Cracking 206 Bones

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Omigosh! Happy Belated Bill Everett!!!! Also, is that a Will Eisner birthday card for Everett?
    Hmmm. I don't see Eisner's signature. I'm not sure, but I think it's done by Marie Severin. And the rest of the signatures are from the Marvel Bullpen.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

MCU producers make bogus excuses like that all the time. There was a period where they said they weren't making Black Panther because Wakanda would be unbelievable/too difficult to film. This is of course while promoting Thor and announcing GotG.
    Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    is it really harder to film a black panther movie in africa than the CGI they need to render in asgard and outer space??

oh and i was wondering if the apperance list excluded any character?
    i'm surprised cap,iron man,thor and reed richards are'nt on it :/
    The article was about new guys they could add to the Avengers, so they left out the Fox characters, as well as current Avengers.

Yes, there's alot of stuff that the MCU folks say that seems .... not thought out. Though, to be fair, some of the stuff that is reported is questions asked in passing, instead of in a real interview -- like when Dante said the Invaders were going to be in the first Cap movie. The Wakanda thing was pretty silly, from what I recall.

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    GOOD! Everybody should get more into Namor. Sub-Mariner: Revolution is a strong post-Civil War story (though some of the more interesting story outcomes were never followed up on), the 12 issues of the Namor: the First Mutant ongoing are pretty strong. the X-Men: Dark Reign one-shot is a really strong Namor-Centric issue. I'm also fond of his appearances in Matt Fraction's Defenders series.
    No surprise, I agree 100% with the bolded.

Yes, that was one of my complaints about Sub-Mariner Revolution, also. So much potential, mainly ignored. It did have the best last page, however.

I meant to say about the Namor the First Mutant series, that there some nice nods to Namor fans, and it was probably appreciated by us, than newer readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Perfect! Thank you!

I'm glad to see a few things on that list have already contributed to my appreciation of Namor. I particularly enjoy his interactions with the Invaders, and yes, those Bucky/Namor interactions were awesome reads.

I'll start off with Saga of the Sub-Mariner and Sub-Mariner Revolution to start off. I already have The Deep on hold at my LCS until I can find a slow week, so I'll be busy with my Namor reading for the foreseeable future haha.
    Great! Let us know what you think of it, though I hope you enjoy it.

I enjoyed Fear Itself The Deep, but it's not typical Namor, since he spends most of it under a spell.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Invaders stuff... though now I remember I left off most of that, in my rush. I do love Bucky and Namor, together, even better than Namor and Cap.

Submariner: The Depths is my favorite "Namor" story. If you've read it you'll get why I used scare quotes. It's one of my favorite stories in general.
    Yes, like FI: The Deep, I held off recommending that, because it wasn't really Namor as we know him. Plus, Sub-Mariner the Depths had very little of "Namor" actually in it, even if it captured the mythological essence of the character best.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 05-20-2015 at 12:51 AM.

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

So can anyone answer just a few questions about Namor for me? Just so I can get a feel for his backstory?

1) Where is his current standing as ruler of Atlantis? Does Atlantis even exist anymore?
    2) When did he go from Prince to King?
    3) Where is his standing with the X-Men? Are they fallen out or just separated?
    4) What's the mythology behind Atlanteans? Do they worship gods like Poseidon or no? Do they have a pantheon of gods?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Great! Let us know what you think of it, though I hope you enjoy it.

I enjoyed Fear Itself The Deep, but it's not typical Namor, since he spends most of it under a spell.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Invaders stuff... though now I remember I left off most of that, in my rush. I do love Bucky and Namor, together, even better than Namor and Cap.
    I'll definitely let you guys know.

Submariner: The Depths is my favorite "Namor" story. If you've read it you'll get why I used scare quotes. It's one of my favorite stories in general.
    That's the one I have on hold, not The Deep, The Depths. Knew that didn't sound right.
    Last edited by Prince Of Orphans; 05-20-2015 at 05:55 AM.
    MARVEL: All-New Captain America, Secret Wars, Ghost Racers, 1872, Master of Kung Fu, Planet Hulk, Civil War, Spider-Island, Red Skull, Moon Knight /// IMAGE: Red One, Mythic, Infection, Wytches, East of West

Genesis of A Nemesis Spear of Bashenga's Avatar

Namor, Namora, Namorita in A-Force.
    He was a king. But then you and all the rest of your kind threw his people to a pack of wolves called the Cabal. And now his city is ash... which is all I now offer you.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Namor, Namora, Namorita in A-Force.
    Yes, that was a nice surprise. Funny that Namor is the only male hero with any powers in A-Force so far.
    "Self has no time for this."

Newbie Member

Avengers World today... awesome issue for Namor. spoilers:
    Even Thanos gives him a compliment of sorts, and I'm not sure how many people we've seen physically go toe-to-toe in a one-on-one with Thanos and draw blood from the Mad Titan
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by remy leheaux; 05-20-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Namor had a really great showing in Avengers World today. great seeing him go toe to toe with Thanos. not many can.

Quote Originally Posted by remy leheaux View Post
    Even Thanos gives him a compliment of sorts, and I'm not sure how many people we've seen physically go toe-to-toe in a one-on-one with Thanos and draw blood from the Mad Titan
    end of spoilers
    I can only think of this and Drax spoilers:
    who was artificially redesigned specifically to kill Thanos
    end of spoilers.

I've said it before and I will swear it up and down until the end of time, Namor IS Marvel's Kal-El.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Yes, that was a nice surprise. Funny that Namor is the only male hero with any powers in A-Force so far.
    There is a Prince Namor in the domain Arcadia? YES!
    Also, if 616 Prince Namor the very first marvel superhero died in Secret Wars # 1 then, R.I.P. 616 Namor McKenzie 1939-2015

Genesis of A Nemesis Spear of Bashenga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    There is a Prince Namor in the domain Arcadia? YES!
    Also, if 616 Prince Namor the very first marvel superhero died in Secret Wars # 1 then, R.I.P. 616 Namor McKenzie 1939-2015
    He definitely did not.
    He was a king. But then you and all the rest of your kind threw his people to a pack of wolves called the Cabal. And now his city is ash... which is all I now offer you.

Is anyone else having a problem with this site today? It's incredibly slow, I'm having scrolling issues, and now my there's a typing delay that's causing me all sorts of problems. Ugh. Maybe it's Firefox.

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

So can anyone answer just a few questions about Namor for me? Just so I can get a feel for his backstory?

1) Where is his current standing as ruler of Atlantis? Does Atlantis even exist anymore?
    2) When did he go from Prince to King?
    3) Where is his standing with the X-Men? Are they fallen out or just separated?
    4) What's the mythology behind Atlanteans? Do they worship gods like Poseidon or no? Do they have a pantheon of gods?
    Good questions, some of which we are still waiting for answers.

1) Hasn't been answered by Hickman, though there were surviving Atlanteans who wanted to fight Proxima. Continuity says there are other colonies and cities of the Atlantean empire that weren't even mentioned by Hickman.

2) This is a recent naming thing that has no change in his role. I think it was Fraction who changed it for some reason. If Namor was going to be upgraded, it should have been to Emperor, like his Grandfather. Though there have a been a few times that he's been called Emperor. The titles of Atlanteans were complicated by some writers. I've always preferred Prince Namor to his King Neptune.

3) Hasn't been dealt with at all by the X-office or Hickman. It's like he ceased to exist and was erased like a heretic pharaoh, after AvX. The first time we saw him interact with an X-man since was the recent Magneto.

4) There's some cool 'ancient evil' and Atlantean stuff that has been used before, but Atanteans worshiped Neptune since he helped them fight the 'ancient evil' and lived amongst them. Sometimes their rulers claim to be the heirs of Neptune and vice versa. Some other Greco-Roman myths have shown up, like Proteus, but I don't think they are worshiped like Neptune. Set / Naga also have followers, but they are basically the equivalent of Satanists amongst the Atlanteans.

I'll definitely let you guys know.

That's the one I have on hold, not The Deep, The Depths. Knew that didn't sound right.
    If you like psychological horror, you'll love the Depths.

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    This is the afterlife of an alternate earth nice guy namor.
    he's the only male in a place where it's all females, he's in heaven !

Quote Originally Posted by remy leheaux View Post
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Namor had a really great showing in Avengers World today. great seeing him go toe to toe with Thanos. not many can.
    apart from the scuffle with Thanos, i'm not sure what to make of the issue right now.
    might take another reading
    Cracking 206 Bones