Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Swamp Thing, #32

Swamp Thing versus Aquaman! See the other side of the battle that exploded between these two forces of nature last month in AQUAMAN #31! Is Swamp Thing guilty of the crimes Aquaman is accusing him of?

Full article here.

I thought I was going to be able to skip Aquaman, but this looks like it picks up where things left off there.

I'm thinking of trying Aquaman and Swamp Thing. is it new reader friendly or should I backtrack a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm thinking of trying Aquaman and Swamp Thing. is it new reader friendly or should I backtrack a bit?
    Its a bit new reader friendly, but best to come in when Parker (Aquaman) and Soule (Swamp Thing) came on board which is #19 for Swampy and #26 for Aquaman.

On the preview, makes me curious if these are the first few pages of this issue given how the last Swampy issue ended. Fantastic art as always by Jesus Saiz & Matt Wilson.

Tony, the most recent jumping on point for Swamp Thing is probably issue 29. No matter where you jump on there will be references to past characters and arcs though. I highly recommend at least getting all of Soule's run on the character.

explorer

By the stars! Those Swamp Thing underwater scenes are awesome. I'd like to see more of Swamp Thing underwater like that with the various aquatic plant life.

"I need too spend more time down here. I should understand this. Just explore. Maybe even do a little Science. For a change"

Great!!!

0.0 @ That giant Swamp Thing algae monster. *Gasp*.

Thanks for the replies I'll start with 19 and 26 as recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Thanks for the replies I'll start with 19 and 26 as recommended.
    Swamp Thing is great, one of the best books at DC, specifically Soule's run so far.

As for the book, looks good and I'm loving the art.

I don't think this is the first time I've seen that algae monster.

Has anyone else ever read "The Creature That Devoured Detroit"? Weird one-off Aquaman adventure towards the end of his Volume 1. Early 70s. Something that makes beautiful sweet magical love with a Swamp Thing team-up.

Saiz is probably the best Aquaman artist since Ramona Fradon. If anyone hasn't read J.M.S.'s "Night Lords" issue of The Brave and the Bold from 2010ish, it featured a team up between Aquaman and Etrigan, where Aquaman basically beats up Cthulhu. With Saiz art.

Kelp Swamp Thing is OUTRAGEOUS.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Can't wait to read this. I've NEVER read Swamp Thing before, but just for the hell of it I checked out the last 3 issues and was really impressed. Now I'm really into the character.

explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
    Can't wait to read this. I've NEVER read Swamp Thing before, but just for the hell of it I checked out the last 3 issues and was really impressed. Now I'm really into the character.
    If you liked the last 3.... Should check out the most recent Annual, i think it was Annual #2 "My Blue Heaven"? That was such a cool Issue.

Slight spoiler:
    I'll be awaiting a return of the Dinosaur Avatar and Big Foot Avatar for as long as it takes.
    Last edited by SXVA; 06-02-2014 at 03:33 PM.

I'm glad this is different than the Frankenstein-OMAC "crossover." I'll always take an opportunity to read Swamp Thing.

Wow. Jesus Saiz and Matt Wilson are doing a fantastic job. Haven't read Swamp Thing in a while. Thought Paquette was still on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Dax View Post
    Wow. Jesus Saiz and Matt Wilson are doing a fantastic job. Haven't read Swamp Thing in a while. Thought Paquette was still on the book.
    Charles Soule has made it the best book DC is publishing by a huge margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Charles Soule has made it the best book DC is publishing by a huge margin.
    Quoted for truth.
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 31-62