Super Moderator

Default FANTASY DRAFT: Classic X-Men We Gotta See On Film

Even after seven movies, there are still a bunch of big name mutants that have yet to jump off the printed page to the big screen.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Even after seven movies, there are still a bunch of big name mutants that have yet to jump off the printed page to the big screen.

Full article here.
    Nice fluff piece. Even if they make an appearance, or any others for that matter, they may get one unmemorable line. I honestly do not recall anything said by the "wallpaper" mutants in Days of Future Past.

I'd say the biggest absentee at this point (unless you count the Jubilee cameo or the vague-villain Psylocke) is probably Cable - the guy's had more self titled issues than any x-man who isn't Wolverine. X-men: Apocalypse is probably the best time to introduce him too...

If Sunfire was in AoA, it would be nice to tie his origin into "The Wolverine", especially the 1945 atomic explosion at Nagasaki at the beginning. (Yes I know in the comics Sunfire's mutation is from radiation poisoning at Hiroshima, but that is a minor point easily changed.)

I like the list but I would swap Longshot and Forge for Cable and Psylocke. They're more "classic" and very absent.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I like the list but I would swap Longshot and Forge for Cable and Psylocke. They're more "classic" and very absent.
    Agreed, that was NOT Psylocke in X-Men the Last Stand. Sure, the writers and producers and director can CALL the character Psylocke all they want, but it was most definitely NOT her.

I'm still waiting for Frenzy to appear in the movies... she'd be perfect as one of Magneto's henchwomen.

Not that it matters much, but Longshot isn't a mutant.

I'd like to see original psylocke. Or at least the Marc Silvestri armor outfit with the weighted cape.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 06-02-2014 at 09:16 PM.

As much as I'd like to see Polaris and Havok hookup, there is no way they could have that happen on screen. It'd be easier if they had it off screen. I'm still wondering what movie Havok's relationship is to Cyclops. Father, OLDER brother, Uncle?
    How about Alex?

Of the ones mentioned I would be interested to see Forge and Polaris make it to the movies. Forge, because he is not the typical mutant with fighting power. Polaris, because she would be interesting to see with or against her father.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Yes please to Polaris and Dazzler in the next movie. Oh and Psylocke done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Psistorm4472 View Post
    Agreed, that was NOT Psylocke in X-Men the Last Stand. Sure, the writers and producers and director can CALL the character Psylocke all they want, but it was most definitely NOT her.
    She was never called by name neither displayed her true powers. Anyway, Emma got a second chance, Betsy will too at some point. Also I agree Frenzy would be cool, especially we never get to see brawler Rogue so Frenzy could fill that role.