Page 78 of 135 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2021

Thread: Game of Thrones

Yeah, some good scenes tonight. Poor Cersei, so misunderstood!!
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

So now all three Lannister siblings are prisoners. I thought maybe Cersei's constellation of bad choices would have taken a little longer to pull her in.

So what will Tommen do now? If he does nothing, he basically makes the High Sparrow king.

I did like how Tyrion was willing to offer himself up like that to save Jorah's ass. Comrades in arms already.

I was kind of hoping Maester Aemon would blurt out some astonishing secret before he died. Oh well. Peter Vaughan did a great job with his deathbed scene.

I wonder what it will take to make Theon snap? It's gotta happen sooner or later.

i love titties, and she had such a nice pair...to quote sam "oh my!".... but, once again, they continue to disappoint with the sandsnakes

Rookie Member

Sam's act of heroism has dethroned that Dorne fight as the worst scene of the series. It really seems like the writers are winging it now. Everything involving Sansa, the Sparrows, and Tyrion just feels directionless.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyflute View Post
    Sam's act of heroism has dethroned that Dorne fight as the worst scene of the series. It really seems like the writers are winging it now. Everything involving Sansa, the Sparrows, and Tyrion just feels directionless.
    this. the choices they've made haven't been good, imo, and the execution is sub par. and it's not because i'm married to the books.

Speaking as someone who's completely oblivious to the books, I think the show is doing fine, with a few missteps. Everyone tells me the book source is pretty excruciatingly dull at this point in the story, but I'm not bored with the show. The Sand Snakes are... not what I thought they'd be, and I really hope somebody makes a decisive move soon in the Sansa/Ramsay/Theon/Brienne storyline, but the rest of it is still working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Everyone tells me the book source is pretty excruciatingly dull at this point in the story,.
    No, not really, except for Brienne (and Dany, although it picks it up in the end). The North storyline specially, which you criticized, was one of the most acclaimed by readers and critics the series had, but it was changed here for no reason.

Littlefinger's actions specially don't make any sense: he had Sansa, he had an army, he was as safe as he could be and...he leaves everything and gives Sansa to people he doesn't know and doesn't trust? WTF?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Wild episode tonight. I thought Ser Allistor would have more respect for Jon and Sam since Jon made him First Ranger, but nah he's still a pompous dick to both of them. I don't care how brave that guy is, leaving him in charge was a dumb move. Then again they got rid of all of Jon's pals last season, outside of Sam and that one skinny dude. I miss Grenn and Pip.

I liked Sam willing to go to his death to protect Gilly, and Ghost being there to keep an eye on things while Jon is gone (isn't Ghost supposed to be with Jon 24/7 though?). Maybe Jon figured Sam would be screwed without any protection. Ghost always seems to be the most supernatural of the direwolves. Maybe cause they just can't afford to show him often, but he always seems to just "appear" when needed. The other's never really do that. Arya's completely bailed on her.

The Dorne plot is really the worst part here. I loved Obern, but Dorne just reminds me of Kevin Sorbo's Hercules show.

Have no idea where we're going this season. It feels like this season went by like a bullet, without the might of last season. I expect some ending to Cersei's story, and hopefully Sansa or Theon stabbing Ramsay to death.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-25-2015 at 12:16 AM.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

The Sparrows is the only thing that is from the books.

Tyrion hasn't met Dany in the books. Sansa isn't at Winterfell in the books. But the story with Cersei, Marg and the Faith is all moderately accurate.

Waiting for Marvel Events to remember Rachel...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, not really, except for Brienne (and Dany, although it picks it up in the end). The North storyline specially, which you criticized, was one of the most acclaimed by readers and critics the series had, but it was changed here for no reason.

Littlefinger's actions specially don't make any sense: he had Sansa, he had an army, he was as safe as he could be and...he leaves everything and gives Sansa to people he doesn't know and doesn't trust? WTF?
    I assume it was changed to give star actor screen time and to cut time.

Hope the Sand Snakes get to do more....

That whole scene was just awful. It was like they listened to Coward Of The County on repeat while writing this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Wild episode tonight. I thought Ser Allistor would have more respect for Jon and Sam since Jon made him First Ranger, but nah he's still a pompous dick to both of them. I don't care how brave that guy is, leaving him in charge was a dumb move.
    Who else was he going to put in charge? Dolorous Edd?

Yay for Tyrion and Danerys meeting.

Waiting for Marvel Events to remember Rachel...

Whoa... Didn't expect Tyene to do that. Guess we know which sister was merged into her character. I will say that she takes good care of herself, wasn't freaked out like that hip bone thing last episode.

Rookie Member

This season seems about rushing things along, but unfortunately they're leaving out the interesting bits from the books as well as the things that did drag along.