Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Deadpool Vs. X-Force #1

This July, big guns, big pouches, and big action all return as your favorite mercenary goes toe-to-toe with that band of militant mutants in DEADPOOL VS. X-FORCE #1 - the first issue in a bombastic new limited series from writer Duane Swierczynski and artist Pepe Larraz! Journey back to the long-forgotten days of the 1990s, when two characters made their thunderous debut and would go on to change the face of Marvel Comics forever.
    That's right - we're talking about Cable & Deadpool! In this all-new tale, experience the duo's very first meeting, well before their first comic book appearance together in New Mutants #98, as Cable and his soon to be X-Force race through the timestream to stop a reckless mercenary (that's Deadpool!) before he destroys American history for good!
    Join Cable and his band of mutants as they hunt Deadpool through the annals of American History before he can alter the space-time continuum as we know it! Can they stop him in time? Don't miss the start of the blast from the past ride that will have everyone on the edge of their seat when DEADPOOL VS. X-FORCE #1 erupts off of the shelves this July!

Full preview here.

The action looks good, at least.

Looks fun. I'm in.

I love Pepe Larraz's art... but I'm not sure about the story.
    Why? Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I love Pepe Larraz's art... but I'm not sure about the story.
    Agreed. I am wondering why the inclusion of certain characters and the exclusion of others if this was "pre-X-Force" proper? I would have loved to see Larraz's take on Feral and Shatterstar (and Ric and Suns)...honestly, I would love to see Larraz's art on anything. He is very good. Glad to see Boom Boom making the grade though, we need more of her.
    Could be mindless fun...the problem is mindless fun in a mini-series with no real ramifications gets to be a little expensive.

I would sell my soul for this to be the cast of the X-Force movie.

After seeing that the cast is classic X-Force and not the kill kill stab stab teams of the last decade I am all in.

Sweet. This should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I would sell my soul for this to be the cast of the X-Force movie.
    I'm good either way so long as Cable is there. But, yeah, this would be a sweet line up. I might throw in Shatterstar and Feral for a little stabby, though. Got to have some stabby.

Sold on the art alone. Perez is fast becoming one of my favorites at marvel plus Swierczynski has been killing it on X so this looks like a win win.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

I'm not one for nostalgia. I'm not even sure I'm up for making an exception here. But Deadpool has a knack for making a comic entertaining so I might check this out. I'm just a little burned out on time travel stories right now.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

The main thing that gets me down in time traveling stories is the plot holes.

I'm hoping for a big, spectacular, fun story, without angst, or decompression, or endless talking heads. The art looks wonderful, and I love the team. Fingers crossed.
    "Self has no time for this."

X-Force First Class. Wish Duane and Pepe had an ongoing.

I'm all for this! I can enjoy a fun romp through a time before all the crazy that started with House of M. I personally love those first 43 issues of X-Force. Good times!