Page 647 of 647 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647
Results 9,691 to 9,697 of 9697
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    They will, and he will. You don't have to be psychic to know that.
    "The Oscars are fake! They're totally rigged!"

"I have better rating than the Oscars!"

"Overrated!"

"I have no deals in Russia!"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    They will, and he will. You don't have to be psychic to know that.
    Agreed. The Orange Devil won't be able to help himself. In fact, he's probably looking forward to some heavy duty tweeting tomorrow.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    I imagine he'd have a big smile on his face and show thumbs up.
    Just long enough for a quick photos in which, he would somehow manage to make himself look awkward and ridiculous.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread

"Hell is other people."

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The word you are looking for is psychic.
    It was during Bill's Presidency that Dems began to go silent on poverty. Even put through the problematic welfare reform at the time.

Other than John Edwards, no major candidate was talking about the problem: it was treated as if it had just gone away.

Meanwhile, rents continued to rise the entire time, and when the housing market fell out and a lot of lower-class Americans lost their homes, and then middle-class Americans followed suit, they went into those renters' markets too, without wages that were keeping pace. This problem is a giant iceberg that has been in plain view for a long long time.

The mood on the ground absolutely trumps poll numbers . . . especially as polls have been getting shakier and shakier for some time now, starting with the proliferation of cell phones which threw everything out of whack long before the internet became a major factor. All this is only "news" because the warnings were being disregarded as heterodoxy for so long that few were ever giving a fair look at them.

When the Republican candidate is making hay with populist economic rhetoric, at the same time your main Democratic rival is also making hay with populist economic rhetoric . . . well, I really don't know what else has to be going on short of flashing neon signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The word you are looking for is psychic.
    No, it isn't.

While I am not currently psychic I said that HRC was weak in the general. I said that she was going to have to be able to beat Trump on Democratic support alone.

You did not have to be a psychic to see the weak spots in her campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    When the Republican candidate is making hay with populist economic rhetoric, at the same time your main Democratic rival is also making hay with populist economic rhetoric . . . well, I really don't know what else has to be going on short of flashing neon signs.
    Let alone that said Democrat had already lost to a "Change" platform once before...

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I would say that the endless yammering about the election, from both sides of the fence, is beating a LONG dead horse. Bottom line, it's tiresome.
    If folks are still trying to entertain the possibility that it was not lost on issues and showing up, I'd have to politely disagree. There is certainly a lesson to be learned from what happened last fall.

Those votes are not just going to bring themselves to the polling place.