Super Moderator

Default Costume Illustrator Shares "X-Men: Days of Future Past" Designs

A look at designs for "X-Men: Days of Future Past" showcase early takes on the characters -- and reveal Jubilee was planned to play a part.

Full article here.

Uninspiring stuff. Infantry togs with Thunderdome tattered rag accoutrements.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Why... Why must they keep removing Jubilee from the movies?!?

I'm trying but I really don't see how Blink's design is 'much close to the comic book version'. It does look cool though I wish it had more javelins.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Uninspiring stuff. Infantry togs with Thunderdome tattered rag accoutrements.
    LOL you're like the Joan Rivers of the comic world. Any and all fashion faux pas are met with such entertaining snark.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

I really do hope the X-Men will leave all of the black behind in the next film. I understand that world is supposed to be more grounded but once you start having people chuck stadiums through the sky it's about time to let go of that notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I really do hope the X-Men will leave all of the black behind in the next film. I understand that world is supposed to be more grounded but once you start having people chuck stadiums through the sky it's about time to let go of that notion.
    LOL and yes, totally agree. Would also loved to have seen Jubilee in DOFP too.

Please enlighten as to what the trendy post apoclyptic citizens wearing these days? Who are the hot designers in the concentration camps and the rubble of seventh avenue?

It's a pun

Yeah, the all-black was okay when they had to make mainstream audiences take superheroes seriously back in the days, that's not really an issue anymore. Just darken some of the colours and remove some of the more outlandish stuff, e.g. Wanda's headpiece and Cap's protruding head-wings. But can I get SOME colour in my X-Men?

The designs are pretty bland. I guess Blink is closer to her comic counterpart because the skin is pink, but I'm completely okay with the design they went with in the movie. Pink skin would be a little bit silly when everybody else looks normal. Everyone else in these designs looks pretty generic and bland.

Dear GOD, please no Jubilee. If you need a teen-sidekick for someone, use Armor or something. At least Armor's power has a nice visual effect to it. With Cyke back, I don't want another character filling his role of the primary ranged fighter (for whatever reason Storm barely uses Lightning, but whatever), and that's not getting into how much Jubilee just annoys me.
    There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    Yeah, the all-black was okay when they had to make mainstream audiences take superheroes seriously back in the days, that's not really an issue anymore. Just darken some of the colours and remove some of the more outlandish stuff, e.g. Wanda's headpiece and Cap's protruding head-wings. But can I get SOME colour in my X-Men?

The designs are pretty bland. I guess Blink is closer to her comic counterpart because the skin is pink, but I'm completely okay with the design they went with in the movie. Pink skin would be a little bit silly when everybody else looks normal. Everyone else in these designs looks pretty generic and bland.

Dear GOD, please no Jubilee. If you need a teen-sidekick for someone, use Armor or something. At least Armor's power has a nice visual effect to it. With Cyke back, I don't want another character filling his role of the primary ranged fighter (for whatever reason Storm barely uses Lightning, but whatever), and that's not getting into how much Jubilee just annoys me.
    Just the opposite, I really like Jubilee. Always have. I guess as a fan of the 90s cartoon while I was a kid myself, Jubilee was the X-kid for my generation, and at the time was considerably older than I was (funny I'm aging past these characters I used to think we're so old, lol). I'm glad she wasn't in DoFP just so I didn't have to see her die, although it would've been cool to see her alive at the end.

And as far as Blink's pink skin, Nightcrawler, Beast and Mystique have had blue skin for several movies now. Colossus spent a good amount of time in this movie fully armored. Toad's skin on several actors at this point has never looked normal. Blink's pink skin wouldn't have been a big deal considering much of her time was spent standing next to the men made of metal, flame and ice.