Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 106
  1. #46
    Vampyre Lost Drakul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    265

    Default

    So I just placed my yearly catch-up order :P

    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

  2. #47
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    25

    Default

    As a newly returning reader after a long absence, I have to say that this thread is great. Of all the books listed in the first few posts, all the titles have been recommended to me. Most I have read recently, while the rest are on my short list to read very soon. All that I have read have been great.

  3. #48
    Mighty Member nepenthes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ivy's Lair
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
    As a newly returning reader after a long absence, I have to say that this thread is great. Of all the books listed in the first few posts, all the titles have been recommended to me. Most I have read recently, while the rest are on my short list to read very soon. All that I have read have been great.
    Glad you found it helpful

  4. #49
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    258

    Default

    On the topic of Batman v Superman, here is a full list of the 33 comics when Superman and Batman have fought before (or seemed like they might):

    http://rikdad.blogspot.com/2016/03/b...ge-fights.html

    Some of those are classics, others forgotten, and many were surprisingly influential on what came later.

  5. #50
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Questions (if this is right place for it)... I only TPB and all I'm really collecting is Synder's run... Where do Batmen Eternal and Batman & Robin Eternal fit within his TPB run? Read order?
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

    #midnightermonday

    Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

    IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

  6. #51
    Newbie Member The Black Mirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I just want to say thank you for putting this thread together.

    I was late getting into comics, as I didn't start reading them until I was 21 (in 2011). I immediately subscribed to all of the Batman family books at my LCS after reading the first issue of Snyder's Black Mirror story line (hence, my username) and continued to read them religiously for almost three years. Unfortunately, work commitments and other life events got in the way, and I just ran out of the time and money to keep up with everything. I am back now (and with a vengeance, I might add ) and I am really excited to start from scratch and read a lot of key Batman stories that I never read during my first run as a comic book reader/collector. I have several of the classics that are listed in this thread, but there's some older recommendations in here which I do not have. I also want to get caught up on the current story lines as best as possible. I'm excited for the DC Rebirth, too, although I may be the only one.

    Thanks again for putting this together. I've built up quite the Amazon wishlist with trades that are mentioned in this thread. I imagine I'll be spending my birthday money on an order or two from Amazon and/or Instocktrades. I'm excited!! I hope I'll be welcomed to the community and I look forward to participating in discussions.

  7. #52
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    5,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Questions (if this is right place for it)... I only TPB and all I'm really collecting is Synder's run... Where do Batmen Eternal and Batman & Robin Eternal fit within his TPB run? Read order?
    Understanding that tpbs orders aren't perfect and parts of one tpb can interrupt parts of another tpb, this is the best order IMHO:
    Batman, Vol. 3: Death of the Family
    Batman #18-20 from Batman Vol 6 Graveyard Shift
    Batman Eternal (all volumes) (some issues from Batman Vol 6 Graveyard Shift happen during Eternal)
    Batman Vol 7 Endgame
    Batman Vol 8 Superheavy
    Batman and Robin Eternal (both volumes)
    Batman Vol 9 (when it comes out)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-01-2016 at 11:16 AM.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

  8. #53
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Understanding that tpbs orders aren't perfect and parts of one tpb can interrupt parts of another tpb, this is the best order IMHO:
    Batman, Vol. 3: Death of the Family
    Batman #18-20 from Batman Vol 6 Graveyard Shift
    Batman Eternal (all volumes) (some issues from Batman Vol 6 Graveyard Shift happen during Eternal)
    Batman Vol 7 Endgame
    Batman Vol 8 Superheavy
    Batman and Robin Eternal (both volumes)
    Batman Vol 9 (when it comes out)
    This is great. Thanks. What about Robin War and B&R: Robin Rises (Or whichever D returns in).
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

    #midnightermonday

    Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

    IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

  9. #54
    Vampyre Lost Drakul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Understanding that tpbs orders aren't perfect and parts of one tpb can interrupt parts of another tpb,
    Try being crazy like me and trying to arrange TPB order for most of the the DCU...
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

  10. #55
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    5,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    This is great. Thanks. What about Robin War and B&R: Robin Rises (Or whichever D returns in).
    Understanding that tpbs orders aren't perfect and parts of one tpb can interrupt parts of another tpb, this is the best order IMHO:
    Batman, Vol. 3: Death of the Family
    Batman #18-20 from Batman Vol 6 Graveyard Shift
    B&R: Hunt for Robin & B&R: Robin Rises (you need both tpbs to have the entire Robin Rises arc, the literal first 3 issues of what is officially Robin Rises are in Hunt for Robin tpb, no joke)
    Batman Eternal (all volumes) (some issues from Batman Vol 6 Graveyard Shift happen during Eternal)
    Batman Vol 7 Endgame
    Batman Vol 8 Superheavy
    Batman and Robin Eternal (both volumes)
    Batman Vol 9 (Batman #47-50) (when it comes out)
    Batman Vol 10 (Batman #51-52 plus some miscellany)(when it comes out)

    Vol 9 & 10 are kinda a d#ck move by DC to make some extra bucks (like Hunt For & RR tpbs). People will buy Vol 10 because it has the last Snyder/Capullo issue (#51).

    Robin War I think happens during B&R Eternal, moreso the first half. One might put it in between Vol 1 & 2 perhaps.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-06-2016 at 09:10 AM.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

  11. #56
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hi guys, I've been away for 6 months. I've been enjoying reading classics like Hush and Dark Knight Returns. I just recently saw DC Rebirth. What is now the current Batman Title, is it the rebirth one? How was the Arc about Gordon taking up the bat suit like, was it any good? I'm thinking about getting the tpb. Any help is much appreciated.

  12. #57
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LephistoNZ View Post
    Hi guys, I've been away for 6 months. I've been enjoying reading classics like Hush and Dark Knight Returns. I just recently saw DC Rebirth. What is now the current Batman Title, is it the rebirth one? How was the Arc about Gordon taking up the bat suit like, was it any good? I'm thinking about getting the tpb. Any help is much appreciated.
    The important books are Detective Comics (starts with re-numbering at #934), Batman and All-Star Batman (not out yet, written by Scott Snyder). Bat-Gordon is great, really different and you have Bruce around in an interesting side-story but a really nice Gordon trade collection is BATMAN GORDON OF GOTHAM, that's the one you want if you liked GOTHAM CENTRAL.

  13. #58

    Default

    Reading Detective Comics has really peaked my interest in Batwoman. I was wondering,. wahts the better read. Elegy or Hydrology?

  14. #59
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronLantern View Post
    Reading Detective Comics has really peaked my interest in Batwoman. I was wondering,. wahts the better read. Elegy or Hydrology?
    Batwoman: Elegy. Still the best Batwoman book and one of the best Batman books I've ever read. I'd still recommend Hydrology though. Highlight of the Williams III/Blackman run is World's Finest.

  15. #60
    Newbie Member Prince Is Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I'm new to buying Batman trades and I'm surprised that relatively little material from the seventies and eighties has been reprinted. Are there not many runs from then that are highly regarded? I'm buying every Epic Collection from Marvel and hoped that there would be a DC equivalent but there doesn't seem to be one.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •