Super Moderator

Default The Deeper Experience of "Avengers Alliance Tactics"

Playdom's Gabe Brown & William Schmidt discuss "Avengers Alliance Tactics," the new Facebook game that expands the "Avengers Alliance" universe.

Full article here.

I HATE FACEBOOK

and i now resent playdom even more

i own a ipad/iphone and a xboxone... id like to game on those not some old woman social networking/gossip website... i wonder if my aunt will be playing this... i know i wont... keep hitching your horse to facebook playdom, dont pay no mind to the fact that its average age of its average user keeps jumping up and up and up...

pay no attention to the fact that most kids around age 13 laugh at facebook and have no use for a website that allows parents, advertisers, creeps, and criminals to spy on their every move

I'm surprised a game like this was designed with Facebook in mind as its only "platform". My laptop isn't powerful enough to run that game for more than a couple of minutes, but judging by what I've seen, this game really is XCom Enemy Unknown meets Marvel Universe, which is a terrific concept that would merit a more global release.

If only Marvel could get their act together on the video game front... Where have the days of games like X-Men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Origins Wolverine gone to?

I have to admit, while the game is impressive on some level. It mostly lags in combat levels.

BANNED

So, we have Incursions, and STILL no Namor in Avengers Alliance? We're going all over the MU, but not Altantis, eh? Excluded from the Phoenix Five and now excluded from the Illuminati. Great way to treat Marvel's First Superhero and an actual Avenger. At least Playdom's idiotic decisions regarding Namor keep me from wasting any time on their games.

Smell the fresh air of reality, nobody cares about namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Same can be said about Vixen.
    Formerly known as Tigerkaya returning, to make cupcakes.

I know it's called "Avengers" Alliance Tactics, but please add Storm.

I've been holding out hope for Generation X characters in MAA (Penance, Chamber, etc.), which I guess isn't going to happen, but for this new game, you'd think Storm would be a basic minimum requirement... I mean, you've got Cyclops and Wolverine already, so why not Storm?
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I wish the game would load and function properly. Of course, I'm running Windows Vista on a 7 year old laptop, so it may not be Playdom's fault this time.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I wish the game would load and function properly. Of course, I'm running Windows Vista on a 7 year old laptop, so it may not be Playdom's fault this time.
    Yeah, sorry to say, but it's probably because your hardware situation is outdated. I used to play MAA on a ten-year-old PC and it was laggy as all heck... upgraded to a modern computer and it was fixed.

EDIT: It works better on Chrome than Internet Explorer, from my experience. Maybe try that.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 06-04-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Take your own advice, and realize your opinion is not reality.

Guys, Namor and Vixen are both great. Quit baiting.