Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 433
  1. #16
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Really like the time jump and actually allowing the world to grow a little. It is good to see that they are working to move the zombie herds away from the towns they have setup. I am surprised they are not killing them in some way or burning them, at this point just about everyone should be great about killing them and would be good if they start downsizing some of those gigantic herds. I am glad Kirkman ended the last arc the way he did, he kills fan favorites a little bit to often when he is trying to have something major happen good to see he did not do that again. Also hopefully this breaks the cycle of find a place things go bad hit the road and then repeat over and over.

  2. #17
    Junior Member c0gsucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Big fan of the time jump, like a few others I was getting a bit bored with the series. The Negan storyline did seem to go on forever and it all felt a bit stale.

    I was so happy to see the herd being 'herded' like cattle, I thought that was a cool addition.

  3. #18

    Default

    I wonder how they would take down herds, though. It's such a massive number that I don't know how they would kill them en mass.
    Original CBR Join Date 03-09-2007

  4. #19
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    I wonder how they would take down herds, though. It's such a massive number that I don't know how they would kill them en mass.
    Yeah it is a tricky one cause if you had a spike pit you could only get some of them until the pit over flowed. The only way I can think of kill them in mass would be to lead them into a wooded area load it up with a gasoline and set it a blaze and drive them towards the fire or light it after they are in the area.

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Then you have a mobile forest fire on your hands. As if a forest fire needs help spreading.

  6. #21
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Then you have a mobile forest fire on your hands. As if a forest fire needs help spreading.
    Well depending how far away they go from home with these herds it would not be an issue eventually it will burn it self out. If they are only like a mile from home then yes it would be a terrible idea but if you can get the herds a long way away before they even get close to the new towns they would not have to worry about it. But if we are going to worry about realistic things like a forest fire spreading most of the zombies would be made immobile by now. They have been in the sun slowly rotting and decaying this would eventually make the dead bodies break down. During the winter they would probably also be effected by the large amounts of snow that comes down, you can easily get a couple feet of snow in a week or two and without clean up they would be buried in snow and ice.

  7. #22
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    TLH, FL
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Well depending how far away they go from home with these herds it would not be an issue eventually it will burn it self out. If they are only like a mile from home then yes it would be a terrible idea but if you can get the herds a long way away before they even get close to the new towns they would not have to worry about it. But if we are going to worry about realistic things like a forest fire spreading most of the zombies would be made immobile by now. They have been in the sun slowly rotting and decaying this would eventually make the dead bodies break down. During the winter they would probably also be effected by the large amounts of snow that comes down, you can easily get a couple feet of snow in a week or two and without clean up they would be buried in snow and ice.
    I think it's been said in Hacks that whatever makes the dead come back also slows down the decomposition process.

    I know it's mixing things but fire doesn't seem to do a good job. I know in the show we've seen some crispy dead walking around. haven't we seen a couple crispy walkers in the book?

    I like the question, though: how would you thin a herd, so to speak?

    practically, it might be easier to work on disabling them first and then work through the crowd finishing them off.
    but my first thought was to use head-level piano wire.

    actually, I just want to see someone kill a zombie with piano wire in general. slice right through the mushy head.
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors

  8. #23
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuastar View Post
    I think it's been said in Hacks that whatever makes the dead come back also slows down the decomposition process.

    I know it's mixing things but fire doesn't seem to do a good job. I know in the show we've seen some crispy dead walking around. haven't we seen a couple crispy walkers in the book?

    I like the question, though: how would you thin a herd, so to speak?

    practically, it might be easier to work on disabling them first and then work through the crowd finishing them off.
    but my first thought was to use head-level piano wire.

    actually, I just want to see someone kill a zombie with piano wire in general. slice right through the mushy head.
    I have not watched the show so I do not know about that and I think early on maybe during the helicopter crash we saw some burned zombies. I do not remember that in the hacks but it has been a long time since I have read the early monthly issues again. I would like a piano wire kill of the zombie also, redirecting is a good idea I would think you would want to thin those things out as much as you can. My first thought was mad max style cars with spikes but they do not have the gas supply to waste like that and fire was the second idea but more I think of it does have a lot of issues because it would have to get hot enough to melt the skull and brain and even if they are soft it would still take a good amount of heat.

    I suppose thinning out the herds would take to much man power and resources that are better used elsewhere such as building new houses or buildings as brought up in the issue needing the man power for that. I do like that they are bringing the book in the new direction, I remember Kirkman talking about wanting to get to a point that they are rebuilding society nice to see him actually make it to that point.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c0gsucker View Post
    Big fan of the time jump, like a few others I was getting a bit bored with the series. The Negan storyline did seem to go on forever and it all felt a bit stale.
    The only thing I don't like about it at the moment is that right now, Rick seems to be Douglas II. But well, it's really too soon to assume he'll remain totally useless physically in the series, he could still recover a bit more and become a bit more alpha like again. As for the time jump itself, the second season of the game basically has done a two year time jump. At the very start it is obvious at least 6 months had passed by, and then after Omid dies, they jump 16 months into the future. And while there's still two more episodes, I have a hunch they'll do another 6-12 month time jump. They kind of had to do the time jump thing though since Clementine is the new lead, and having an 11 year old surviving everything she has to survive would have been harder to buy into than someone who is 13 or 14.
    Last edited by Deviancy; 05-15-2014 at 03:32 PM.

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,869

    Default

    Man I needed name tags under characters, could not recognize anyone at all.

  11. #26

    Default

    Hey guys, this thread is about the comic. Can we please not spoil other mediums? I'm behind on the game, and I get that it's been out for a while, but when I come to this thread I'm expecting spoilers about the comic, but not the show or game. Maybe spoiler tags for non-comic stuff? Pretty please? Courtesy and kindness and new CBR with a cherry on top?

    I also think the parallels between Rick and Douglas were completely intentional. It's a nice way for Kirkman to call back to when Rick's group first arrived and show how things have flipped around. It's a nice sort of symmetry. I'm sure Rick won't be a spayed dog for long. The is TWD. Something's going to go wrong.
    Original CBR Join Date 03-09-2007

  12. #27
    Junior Member c0gsucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I'm going to be thinking about ways to thin out a herd of walkers all weekend now.

  13. #28
    Junior Member first_citizenx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Did anyone else notice that Michonne wasn't seen anywhere in the issue? You don't think we'll find out that she was killed off during the two missing years, do you?

  14. #29

    Default

    Kirkman may be a little stretched thin, but he's not that big an idiot.
    Original CBR Join Date 03-09-2007

  15. #30
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by first_citizenx View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Michonne wasn't seen anywhere in the issue? You don't think we'll find out that she was killed off during the two missing years, do you?
    She is with Ezekiel at the Kingdom now and not in Alexandria I am sure when we see the Kingdom again we will see her, same with when they go back to the Hilltop Maggie will be shown.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •