Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default CASTING CALL: Five Actors We Want to Play Apocalypse

With Marvel reportedly casting Josh Brolin as Thanos, CBR sets our sights on big names we'd love to see play the "X-Men: Apocalypse" title villain.

Full article here.

I'd be down with all of these except for the rock. *shudders*

Mikkelsen OR Del Toro. Benicio, damn, they'd make fantastic villains.
    'Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light'

Considering that En Sabah Nur is supposed to be of Middle East/Akkaban descent, how about Oded Fehr?

There's also Mido Hamada from Cairo, who's amassing a good body of work, and seems like he could bulk up considerably for the role.
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-03-2014 at 10:10 AM.

I'm pulling for Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Strange, so I'll go with Perlman. There's a Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse/"War... war never changes" joke in there somewhere.

Oh god please let it not be the Rock...
    Axis UncannyAvengers UncannyXMen XFactor XForce Magneto Loki GhostRider Nightcrawler SpiderMan2099 RocketRaccoon SecretSix Saga Wicked+Divine Low

The actor needs to be able to project intelligence too. Not sure Rock and Perlman deliver these. It reminds me of Tango and Cash with Stallone trying to be the smart one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Considering that En Sabah Nur is supposed to be of Middle East/Akkaban descent, how about Oded Fehr?
    I agree, Apocalypse shouldn't be white.
    SPIDERMAN 2099* CAP AMERICA & MIGHTY AVENGERS* UNITY* THE VALIANT* IVAR, TIMEWALKER* JOHN CARTER* STAR TREK/POTA

If I had to choose from this list, I would choose Idris Elba. But the fact that he once acted in a movie produced by Marvel Studios might be a problem, given the recent animosity between Marvel and Fox. He has the voice, the presence, and the charisma to play a part like Apocalypse. I would also be willing to give Russel Crow a chance, but there are a number of other actors I would want before him. This list also reminds me that sadly, Michael Clark Duncan is no longer with us. He would have made an awesome Apocalypse. His voice alone would have sold the part.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Russell Crowe might make a great Cable. Apocalypse not so much.

I like two of the five actors you mentioned. They are Russel & Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by astrakhan View Post
    I'm pulling for Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Strange, so I'll go with Perlman. There's a Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse/"War... war never changes" joke in there somewhere.
    I like the way you think about Mads. He'd be a fine Stephen Strange. Perlman, I politely disagree with though (so stuck on him being Hellboy and/or del Toro baddies...)

@Cyke, I'd rather not see Oded Fehr as Thanos - he'd be another candidate for Stephen Strange (or perhaps Moon Knight.) But I appreciate you bringing him up.

As far as Thanos: What's wrong with the existing actor Whedon had and Josh Brolin providing the voice?
    Former Marvel girl...

Mads would be incredible. I'd much prefer him as Apocalypse than Dr. Strange. But if him not being Dr. Strange would mean that Johnny Depp would get the part, then by all means Mads should be Dr. Strange instead.

Idris Elba would also be really damn good. My only reservation is that I don't know if he's ever given me a believable enough "evil" vibe. Then again, I don't think I've ever seen Mikkelsen ever be sufficiently loud enough for Apocalypse, and I think Apocalypse sometimes should be really loud.

But both guys are great actors who have range and untapped talents for whatever roles they ever get, so either one would probably end up being great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

There's also Mido Hamada from Cairo, who's amassing a good body of work, and seems like he could bulk up considerably for the role.
    While normally I'm all for diversity in casting, I'd note that Apocalypse is a big blue dude with no features that particularly mark him as any real-world ethnicity.

Not saying it couldn't/shouldn't be a middle-eastern guy...*coughcoughFaranTahircoughcough* just noting that in this particular case, the ancestry/geography elements are really kind of irrelevant from a cosmetic standpoint.

For those that don't recognize the name, Faran Tahir was Reza in Iron Man I (the "lead terrorist") and Captain "May as well have worn a Red Shirt" Robau in the Star Trek reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This list also reminds me that sadly, Michael Clark Duncan is no longer with us. He would have made an awesome Apocalypse. His voice alone would have sold the part.
    I was going to post the same thing. Another good choice is the black dude from the Underworld films. He's big and has a voice that sounds like he gargles with rocks.