Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Archie Releases Details of New "Sabrina" Horror Series

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Robert Hack team for the new "Sabrina" ongoing series, debuting in October and in the "Afterlife with Archie" spirit.

Full article here.

Oh. A period piece set on the 60s. Wasn't expecting that. I was expecting it to take place at the same time as Afterlife.
    Virtue untested is innocence.

Always remember, when you choose the lesser of two evils, it is still an evil.

I must say...for too long Archie's Comics and Sabrina has been seen a the kid friendly series. It's about time for the company to look into the true horror roots of Sabrina.

This could be interesting if they do it in a proper way to not only honor the past, but also respect the horror aspect of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I must say...for too long Archie's Comics and Sabrina has been seen a the kid friendly series. It's about time for the company to look into the true horror roots of Sabrina.

This could be interesting if they do it in a proper way to not only honor the past, but also respect the horror aspect of the series.
    My only bleh about this about this is a TV reboot. You know it's comic.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

While I personally am not interested in the more grown up Archie line. I think its cool they're trying to grow their readership. One would think other comic book companies would like to do the same.

Whatever.

Archie is cool, and I'll stick to the lighter soap opera gag fare, but its cool that they're trying something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto_16 View Post
    While I personally am not interested in the more grown up Archie line. I think its cool they're trying to grow their readership. One would think other comic book companies would like to do the same.

Whatever.

Archie is cool, and I'll stick to the lighter soap opera gag fare, but its cool that they're trying something different.
    One would also say that they're trying to make their stories feel more adult as well. I mean for too long, while it is a classic and tries to stick with the times, it has been seen as a bit goofy.

Not that there's anything wrong with having a goofy funny comic.

Not quite sure if I'm sold by the pitch but I adore Afterlife with Archie so I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open.

I'll give it a shot. Afterlife is great. But the pull of Archie for me with the Archie gang doing Archie things. I am not against a Sabrina horrer series at all. I am just now sure I will be into it.

Sounds really interesting, I've never bought an Archie comic before but this might just be my first (although I'm most likely getting the Afterlife TP out this week as well).

I love the 60's setting and the art looks great.

I grew up reading Archie Comics along with Marvel and DC. I've always loved the characters and I've really enjoyed Afterlife with Archie. I'm looking forward to this one too.

sign me up! looks good.

Guess I need to finally catch up on Afterlife...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

So is this going to come out with any sort of regularity? It seems like new issues of Afterlife just kinda pop up whenever...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    I'll give it a shot. Afterlife is great. But the pull of Archie for me with the Archie gang doing Archie things. I am not against a Sabrina horrer series at all. I am just now sure I will be into it.
    Well . . . there was "Chilling Adventures in Sorcery".
    Sabrina happened to be the hostess, not unlike House of Mystery's Cain or the Cryptkeeper.

Not too sure about Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, he doesn't really strike me as someone with a solid horror background.