Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default X-POSITION: Greg Pak Weathers the "Storm"

Upcoming "Storm" writer Greg Pak answers your questions about Ororo Munroe's first ongoing series at Marvel. Plus, exclusive art from issue #1!

Full article here.

Eh. Not a bad interview per se, but not a lot of substance either. We're back to vague-ish answers and "I can't say anything yet", and the art isn't screaming "pre-order me!" Wishing the book luck, but I'll wait for the reviews before I put down my money.
    User formerly known as Gary Cody.

Not bad, still hasn't sold me but not bad.

Greg pak is a decent writer, not great but decent.

Well the answers were pretty vague but it's understandable since the book has yet to be released.
    I dig the art.

Excited to see where this goes.
    Storm Daredevil Black Widow Doctor Strange Magik Emma Frost Psylocke Bishop Monica Rambeau
    Tumblr LastFM

Those answers were, fort he most part, already given in previous interviews so...nothing really new...but those prev pages! Wow! Loving the art! I cannot wait to see it coloured and lettered!
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Was it just me or did those questions seem a little bit entitled?

It's been awhile since I've read an X-position so I forgot how short they are. Didn't really get me excited but I'll still be there day 1. I think the art looks decent as well. Not my favorite rendition of Storm but I like how the art doesn't really look "superhero-ish."

While I'm not sure Pak is the man for the job (hope he is), I'm happy that Marvel took their time to get an at minimum decent creative team.

He's been wanting to write a Storm solo for years, urged the fans to petition Marvel for one, and lobbied for one himself. If anyone is the man for the job, it's Pak.

Liking the preview art, which reminds me to pre-order Storm #2.
    Former Marvel girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    He's been wanting to write a Storm solo for years, urged the fans to petition Marvel for one, and lobbied for one himself. If anyone is the man for the job, it's Pak.
    150% agreed. Pak has definitely shown the passion and enthusiasm for Storm, and I think he will do a great job with Ororo.

And that preview art . Looks like tornadoes sucking up a frakkin' tsunami....LOVE IT!
    Last edited by WINDRIDER; 06-03-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    Visit Storm-Goddess One of the longest running and most advance Storm fan sites on the net

Storm #5 by Greg Pak - November 19, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Well the answers were pretty vague but it's understandable since the book has yet to be released.
    I don't expect to get a blow-by-blow of the first story arc in a pre-release interview, but I'd also like a little something to get excited about beyond the fact that it's a Storm book. Right now, the most thrilling hint we've gotten is that Callisto may be going bad again and that's just a little...meh.

Maybe I'm setting the bar too high, but if Rucka can get me primed for a book about Cyclops, a teen version of a character I've had no use for for close to a decade now, I feel that it's a warning sign when a writer can't get me bouncing in place for a series about a character I actually like. But I guess there will be more publicity later. Like I said, I'll see how it looks once the book's actually out.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 06-03-2014 at 02:32 PM.
    User formerly known as Gary Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Liking the preview art, which reminds me to pre-order Storm #2.
    Oh yeah...good point. I'll be doing that as well.
    Visit Storm-Goddess One of the longest running and most advance Storm fan sites on the net

Storm #5 by Greg Pak - November 19, 2014

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

OMG STORM TRANSFORMING HER STREET CLOTHES TO HER X-OUTFIT ALMOST BROUGHT ME TO TEARS. I love all of what I am seeing and so excited for july. Shout out to everyone who got their questions answered !!!! Rider im talking bout u specifically lol

Yeah so what's the premise of the book? That still has me a bit confused. Like with Cyke, it was cruising around space with the old man and with Gambit, it was him getting back to his thieving roots. Has there been any discussion on what the focus of this solo is going to be about. Seems pretty vague or maybe I just got bored with the interview.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.