Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Studios Reportedly Finds "Doctor Strange" Director

Multiple outlets report that Scott Derrickson has signed on to direct "Doctor Strange," something apparently confirmed by the director himself.

Full article here.

An iffy choice, but I have faith in Marvel.

Looks like it's finally moving along. I really hope that Strange is played by literally anybody who is not Johnny Depp.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Looks like it's finally moving along. I really hope that Strange is played by literally anybody who is not Johnny Depp.
    Halle Berry it is!

Tom Cruise?
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

Good lord, what a terrible director! This just bums me out. I love Doctor Strange, and this guy is practically the textbook definition of studio hack.

Viggo Mortensen. I enjoyed Exorcism of Emily Rose.

Haven't seen any movies this guy was credited with. However, it seems like he does horror stuff. That's a genre Marvel has yet to tackle cinematically, but I hope its the direction they take.

By the hoary hosts of hoggarth, what if you really HAVE damned us to Halle Berry?!

Thaaaaaaaaaat's an interesting choice? Gonna withhold judgement until we see more of course, but of the films he's done I've seen 2 (Exorcism of Emily Rose & Day the Earth Stood Still remake) and liked neither. Although Day The Earth Stood Still wasn't terrible, it just kind of meandered and never really 'grabbed' me. I remember liking the updated version of the concept though. Didn't this guy also do Sinister? That was well-received, right? Anyway if true (looks like it, from that tweet) I wish him good luck, hopefully they'll get a good script and decent cast and stuff!
    August 2014 favourite: The Last Broadcast. Granted we're only half-way, so it could still end dissapointingly... But if you like a mystery, give this clearly manga influenced series a try. The whole 'mysteriously disappeared magician' storyline reminds me a lot of last year's film "Now You See Me", except this time it's not mediocre and predictable. Art is very nicely stylised. (By Sirangela & Luzamark; through Archaia & Boom! Studios)

Bananu Ramu Keanu was chosen for Klaatu in the remake of DTESS by the same director. This will likely suck.

But people were leery upon learning Ledger would be the Joker and many sneered because of his crappy Knight movie with the Queen song.

I could also point out how much people dumped on the Russo's when they were chosen to direct TWS. Yeah those people are singing a very different tune now.

I haven't seen his films so I really have no idea about this guy's style. Looking at his profile in Rotten Tomatoes seems that he does horror mostly and his better received film was Sinister. I've heard that his latest has some good buzz, let's see how it goes.

Horror Director seems a good fit I suppose.

Very good that a Dr. Strange film is on the way. Hopefully some cool casting will take place and the film will come out fairly soon.