Page 123 of 204 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3050
  1. #1831
    Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Warcraft - meh! what a waste of a good cast - 4 out of 10

    Mother's Day - not bad but still formulaic - 6 out of 10

  2. #1832
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    Aliens (1986)
    what a nice blueprint for a Suicide Squad movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlFBCYsqjJw

  3. #1833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Aliens (1986)
    what a nice blueprint for a Suicide Squad movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlFBCYsqjJw
    I look at it more as a blueprint for a Resident Evil movie, the second game in that series is inspired by it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  4. #1834
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    13,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You did not like the musical episode of Buffy then? Or Mayhem of the Music Meister? Sorry, just salting the wound
    I did like the musical ep of Buffy. It was much different than La La Land though.
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Russell Dauterman, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing, you may have life in His name.--John 20:31

  5. #1835
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Tacoma, WA.
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    SPLIT. Held my attention quite well.

  6. #1836

    Default


    JUDGE DREDD (1995)
    8/10

    This movie is criminally underrated. It's flawed for sure, but it's certainly not bad, and I say that as I picked it apart bit by bit to fully determine what is wrong with it.
    I will not list it as one of the bad movies I enjoy, I will not use the term I hate 'guilty pleasure' to list it, it's one of my favorite CBMs, and it's much better than the higher regarded CBM of that year.
    As I started reading the comics, I can see why the author thinks this movie is less faithful to the character he created, and he's right in that regard, it's less faithful than it should have been.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  7. #1837
    New and Improved hulahulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,414

    Default

    Alien: Covenant. Not that impressed.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

  8. #1838
    older Mormel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post

    JUDGE DREDD (1995)
    8/10

    This movie is criminally underrated. It's flawed for sure, but it's certainly not bad, and I say that as I picked it apart bit by bit to fully determine what is wrong with it.
    I will not list it as one of the bad movies I enjoy, I will not use the term I hate 'guilty pleasure' to list it, it's one of my favorite CBMs, and it's much better than the higher regarded CBM of that year.
    As I started reading the comics, I can see why the author thinks this movie is less faithful to the character he created, and he's right in that regard, it's less faithful than it should have been.
    I also greatly enjoy that one. It's in my top 5 favourite comic book-based action films. I'm unfamiliar with the source material, so I'm not a good judge (ha ha!) of how it fails as an adaptation, but I have a good time with it whenever I re-watch it. I thought the ABC Warrior was especially cool.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

  9. #1839
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    11,025

    Default

    I've watched The Nice Guys 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Can not get enough of that movie. One of my all time favorites.

  10. #1840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I also greatly enjoy that one. It's in my top 5 favourite comic book-based action films. I'm unfamiliar with the source material, so I'm not a good judge (ha ha!) of how it fails as an adaptation, but I have a good time with it whenever I re-watch it. I thought the ABC Warrior was especially cool.


    One difference to note is; the comic version is not the kind to judge a guy for trying to survive without remorse, sure he'd judge him, but he'd be more lenient than giving him 5 years prison sentence.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  11. #1841
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I've watched The Nice Guys 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Can not get enough of that movie. One of my all time favorites.
    Give Chinatown a try. It's a bit like NG, a classic and there has not a year gone by when I did not rewatch it since I've seen it first.

  12. #1842
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    11,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Give Chinatown a try. It's a bit like NG, a classic and there has not a year gone by when I did not rewatch it since I've seen it first.
    Thanks for the heads up! Will definitely look it up!

  13. #1843
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Will definitely look it up!
    Come back here and let me know if you liked it

  14. #1844
    Fantastic Member hammergiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Alien: Covenant. Massive disappointment. One of the few times I've left a theater mad at a movie.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin

  15. #1845
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    11,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Come back here and let me know if you liked it
    Will do!!
    10char

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •