Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364 LastLast
    Lone Star Comic Fan Chrysalis_Changling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Nice, but as Gwen Stacy has never appeared in Peter's life in this cartoon, Spider-Gwen's presence loses a lot of important context.
    Hell Peter Wasn't really allowed to have a social life in this cartoon...which is why characters Like Mary Jane J.Jonah Jameson And Harry Osbourne Went To Waste

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    IGN has a profile on Spider-Gwen's appearance in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/...erse-storyline
    I'm disappointed they apparently didn't try to mimci Robbi Rodriguez's style at all. That's a pretty big part of Spider-Gwen's appeal and it would've been awesome to see that reflected in a cartoon .

Given what I've seen of Dove Cameron in Descendants she should be fine in the role, even if she is basically a Disney stun-cast, she should be fine as Gwen, though admittedly a part of me wanted Lacey Chabert to reprise Gwen from Spectacular to at least attempt to carry over the symbolism of seeing the normal Gwen Stacy in a superhero context.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Hell Peter Wasn't really allowed to have a social life in this cartoon...which is why characters Like Mary Jane J.Jonah Jameson And Harry Osbourne Went To Waste
    A social life that didn't involve fellow superheroes, that is, which is kind of what I've been opining about for a while in Marvel Comics as a whole, that regular people are increasingly treated as superfluous in a superhero's day-to-day life.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Veteran Member

MJ wasn't even herself in USM - she was more like Lois Lane! Jameson was definitely wasted, as he's usually only seen on TV screens. Harry though, I disagree, since they made him Venom (replacing Eddie Brock, whose role wouldn't make sense without Peter being a photojournalist).

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A social life that didn't involve fellow superheroes, that is, which is kind of what I've been opining about for a while in Marvel Comics as a whole, that regular people are increasingly treated as superfluous in a superhero's day-to-day life.
    hell there wasn't even a social life with the other heroes either....at best he hung out with white tiger nova and power man at school or had a few parties but he never really did much else with them

it was always missions this missions that

Peter Parker was treated like bruce wayne in this series

Spider-Man was real and peter parker was just a poorly put together disguise

he rarely had any reason to be peter parker outside of school

One quick thing, do people realise that there are three Spider-Gwen Pop Vinyl figures. I've got two and picking the last one up tomorrow morning.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    MJ wasn't even herself in USM - she was more like Lois Lane! Jameson was definitely wasted, as he's usually only seen on TV screens. Harry though, I disagree, since they made him Venom (replacing Eddie Brock, whose role wouldn't make sense without Peter being a photojournalist).
    But Even Harry felt rather pointless as i said before Peter's social life just felt flimsy and fake in this cartoon

but Mary Jane And Jameson were treated the worst out of the bunch by far

we aren't even told why we should care about MJ's safety we're just expected to hope she pulls through and breaks free of the carnage queen's control even though we've barely gotten to know this MJ and who she is

Gwen Stacy doesn't exist in this show so spider-gwen has no reason to be here

But Even Harry felt rather pointless as i said before Peter's social life just felt flimsy and fake in this cartoon

but Mary Jane And Jameson were treated the worst out of the bunch by far

we aren't even told why we should care about MJ's safety we're just expected to hope she pulls through and breaks free of the carnage queen's control even though we've barely gotten to know this MJ and who she is

Gwen Stacy doesn't exist in this show so spider-gwen has no reason to be here
    There is potential here in a few ways. It could inform Peter's meeting with Gwen in his universe. It could also affect him to meet someone so inspired by an alternate universe version of him (although there would be shades of Miles Morales.)

I have no idea if they'd go in that direction, though.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There is potential here in a few ways. It could inform Peter's meeting with Gwen in his universe. It could also affect him to meet someone so inspired by an alternate universe version of him (although there would be shades of Miles Morales.)

I have no idea if they'd go in that direction, though.
    I wouldn't, this spider-man has a big enough head as it is (in more ways than one), they made him acting director of shield, an honorary avenger, and leader to around 15 or so super heroes (of which most of them should be older than him)

the lack of peter parker and the trials he faces in day to day life(helping aunt may pay the bills, drama between his friends and love interest, and the depth and side plots lead by supporting cast members) really just breaks the relatability of spider-man, when we see more of the mask 90% of the time and this chibi version for comedic relief , the viewer develops a distanceded relationship to the character akin to watching spongebob or another comedy show.

anyway this is a gwen thread so i should stay on topic, I do hope that a version of gwen existed in his universe already and maybe they can salvage some good character moments and development from this confrontation.
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/

Rookie Member

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    One quick thing, do people realise that there are three Spider-Gwen Pop Vinyl figures. I've got two and picking the last one up tomorrow morning.
    I love so much when characters like Spider-Gwen become so big without the creators even meaning them too. It's also I believe how my other favorite comic characters, Rose Wilson, Cassandra Cain and Laura Kinney started off.

Veteran Member

Laura started out on X-Men Evolution, but the show only ever called her X-23 (she was only in two episodes) and the comics gave her a lot of expansion.

Is there a chronology timeline of all the issue appearances of Spider-Gwen? With her latest showing in All New Wolverine Annual how many separate times does that have her walking on Earth 616 now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Is there a chronology timeline of all the issue appearances of Spider-Gwen? With her latest showing in All New Wolverine Annual how many separate times does that have her walking on Earth 616 now?
    I'm trying to think of the times she has been to 616:

In Spider-Gwen Vol 2 #3 she see's Jessica Drew (still pregnant) for some advice from her mentor and help with some cuffs to be removed that Captain America placed on her I think. So that is one time there.

In Power man and Iron fist #2 Gwen is with Jessica again having lunch with her mentor and watching the events unfold below. Gwen is wondering who the two guys are and if she should jump in to help but Jessica tells her that Power Man and Iron Fist will be ok (two non powered mooks attacking them) and instead camera phones them.

In Silk Vol 2 #6 Jessica is talking with Mockingbird about Cindy and tells Mockingbird that she has a lunch preplanned for Cindy and her and she'll look into how Cindy is doing emotionally. In Spider-Woman Alpha Gwen transports herself to 616 and is surprised to see Cindy and the two meet up with Jessica. Jessica was planning to take them to a place she goes to but both know already what the place is and it seems the two has been there often with Jessica (causing Gwen to instead recommend a few places on her home Earth instead). This is a clear indication that Jessica has taken a mentor-ship position with both Cindy and Gwen and meets with the two usually on separate planned times (as indicated when Cindy and Gwen see each other surprised that they both were going to see Jessica at the same time). So it's highly possible and indicated that Gwen has traveled to the 616 universe simply to be with and learn from her (and Cindy's) mentor Jessica Drew but stays out of the 616 events but wonders if she should help if a problem is around (both times Jessica stop her from acting as the heroes in the area had it under control).

In Spider-Woman #6 (during the Spider-Women event) Earth-65 Reed Richards was able to get Jessica and Cindy back home to 616 and Gwen followed to help stop evil Earth-65 Cindy Moon from whatever bad plan she was doing there.
    In Spider-Woman Omega at the end of that issue all three ladies are lunching together (don't know which world) having a nice time while talking about how everything is going plus showing how each three gals have developed since the event and the consequences (one potential problem which all three agree will probably bite them in the ass while still laughing in celebration together).

In the recent Spider-Gwen #11 Gwen considers taking her dad and herself to the 616 Earth and escape from Castle there but releases that the 616 Earth has its own shares of massive problems and she could be running into a fire. She also considers turning to Jessica and also Cindy for help with her problem but understands that they have their own giant shares of problems to deal with. This indicates to me that not just Jessica but now also Cindy is somebody who she feels is a possible option to trust and help (thus thanks to the Spider-Women event Gwen and CIndy have a better bond than before) but understands their own troubling situations as well.
    The 616 universe is clearly on her mind because of those two and most likely during her time with her mentor (and many as a group now with Cindy, Gwen, and Jessica meeting at planned times to go out) Gwen knows of the basic common troubles of the 616 universe was well (but doesn't know everybody or it's full history being merely a visitor so meeting and knowing for the first time Laura Wolverine during that adventure only (plus I don't know if even Gwen knew she was on the 616 Earth during that issue but she did tell Laura that if Gabby and Laura was ever on Earth-65 to hit her up). Thing is while Gwen goes to the 616 to meet up with Jessica and now maybe also Cindy (much like a friend/student going over a bridge to have a pre planned meet up with another friend/mentor for lunch and talks) Gwen doesn't get involved in 616 affairs thanks to Jessica telling her not to step in when Gwen sees trouble during the meets. It's unknown if Gwen knows anything about the ongoing Civil War situation (most likely she doesn't and it was a good thing she didn't run with her dad there in issue 11 as she was correct that presuming she would be running into possible a burning fire). Outside of Jessica and Cindy she actively tries to avoids the 616 spotlight, Peter Parker and his world (knowing how uncomfortable and depressed the two would feel around each other) only going to a Parker Industries when trying to take down Earth-65 Cindy Moon and Peter programed his robot security to not attack Cindy Moon or Gwen Stacy should they appear there.

Also I wanted to share another impressive fanart I discovered online again with others:

From a artist called danielmchavez on DeviantArt

Also other impressive Spider-Gwen fanarts I found of the month for me (from that site) are:

from little-miss-poppet

from jadedjynx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AngelJD; 09-05-2016 at 08:21 AM.

brianskipper

tsuzukikun

pgandara