Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Original Sin, #3

"Original Sin" #3 is the sort of comic where Jason Aaron and Mike Deodato just throw random scenes together, and it succeeds in spite of its hodgepodge nature.

Full review here.

I'm really digging this story so far. It's just so off-the-wall, but with a really compelling mystery at its heart (and that finale!). Reminds me of the weirdest of Doug Moench's Moon Knight work.

so bucky is the killer?

I'm liking the event, but am worrieda bout the aftermath.

I think this is Marvel trying to push Real Nick Fury out of the picture with a sendoff so "Movie-Friendly/Politically Correct" Nick Fury can take his place once and for all. He has sort of existed in a limbo with many fans asking wtf he's doing, and Marvel is likely frustrated Black Fury can't seem to be accepted as the SHIELD Spymaster they intended. The MCU is now defining the comics, i.e. X-Men and F4 are getting the shaft, Inhumans and GOTG are promoted ridiculously, and Black Widow is a staple Avenger all of a sudden. So you have to shift Fury to the movie canon.

When I first reached the end of the issue I was pretty much WTF?!? Once that went away and I was able to think on it clearly I realized I really didn't like it. Maybe future issues will explain it better but seemed to come from completely out of nowhere and was just done to get rid of the original Nick Fury.

I was also thinking about the MCU defining the 616 and I began to wonder if the rumors are true? Maybe Marvel is planning to shunt FF and X-Men into their own universes so as to avoid the constant demand for X character to show up in the next Avengers film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
    so bucky is the killer?
    Bucky is A killer. But really he probably just had a bad reaction to the "Truth Bomb". It just took a little longer to get to him. The fact that Fury didn't see anything suggests it's just another one of his LMD's too. I wouldn't be too scared of getting Shaft Fury out of this unless their merging some universes.

Castle was very clear about the "on Earth" part of his determination. Yes Bucky is one of those people but that leaves eight more and people from "Off Earth".

Quote Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
    so bucky is the killer?
    You don't generally reveal the plot of a who dunnit in part 3 of an 8 part story.

He is probably a killer but he aint the one pulling the strings.

LIFE MODEL DECOY BABY!! That was KETCHUP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post

I think this is Marvel trying to push Real Nick Fury out of the picture with a sendoff so "Movie-Friendly/Politically Correct" Nick Fury can take his place once and for all. He has sort of existed in a limbo with many fans asking wtf he's doing, and Marvel is likely frustrated Black Fury can't seem to be accepted as the SHIELD Spymaster they intended. The MCU is now defining the comics, i.e. X-Men and F4 are getting the shaft, Inhumans and GOTG are promoted ridiculously, and Black Widow is a staple Avenger all of a sudden. So you have to shift Fury to the movie canon.
    LOL did you read the Avengers in the 80's and 90's? Black Widow was almost always a staple Avenger with her New Wave hair cut and black but more gray body suit. She even got one of those 90's Gambit jackets that were oh so fashionable with the mandatory headgear that looked like she had some space-age braces. I agree with you about the MCU directing the MU 616 to follow suit with how characters look and act now (which is why I avoid any books with SLJ Fury or anyone named Coulson).

I'm actually liking this event so far. It's been a lot of strange fun.

The MCU is now defining the comics, i.e. X-Men and F4 are getting the shaft
    Except that they're not at all, and I'd gladly go into why but that's already been covered in the thread actually to do with said topic. Don't buy into every piece of clickbait you come across.
    ☆*・゜゚・* Carnage sucks *・゜゚・*☆

Politically Correct Nick Fury? That is some condescending bull right there.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JokersNuts View Post
    Politically Correct Nick Fury? That is some condescending bull right there.
    Doesn't make Nick Fury, Jr. any less annoying or obviously shoehorned into the Marvel Universe.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" Scott Summers, 2000

I have to say, the reviewer does mention the power of the Watches eye, like all parts of the Watchers body has power. This could point to maybe the Watcher being a clone body, and the Watcher will pop up at some time later. There was a series a decade ago or more, called Earth X, where the Watcher is blind, so maybe we are approaching Earth X with this stuff?
    Texas and San Francisco 2014

Just read it. Didn't see that ending coming. Didn't suspect it. Kind of think its a red herring. Given the way the character was highly promoted and his popularity I don't see Marvel turning Bucky into a villain all of a sudden. I expect there to be some kind of reveal. But I'm otherwise enjoying this series. First 'event' series I've enjoyed in years.

But just in case...RIP Nick Fury. You were a G.