Page 180 of 187 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2797
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    No, he was shot for A) Insubordination B) negatively affecting the other men present.

It is silly because this isn't a cartoon where everyone miraculously come home without a scratch. Secondly it's silly because its just not how war works. You could have Diana beat them all up using her hands and the lasso... and then the Brits and French would likely shoot them anyways. Better yet, if you send them all fleeing, they might get killed anyways or they will just get new guns and be sent right back so you can do it all over again.

Finally... you dont actually know if she kills them, the sword stroke we've seen might as well be aiming for their rifles.
    Actually the French/Entente didn't kill war prisoners, they considered the practice barbaric and were appalled to learn that the germans didn't treat their POWs with the same leniency. So most likely they would've been tried for their crimes and thrown in jail. Even if they did execute them, that blood wouldn't be not on her hands

I sure hope she kills nobody but I'm not counting on it

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Which part?
    All of it. They're saying *possible spoilers* Cyborg dies and his body's replaced with Nth metal that Wonder Woman provides ?? I wouldn't put it past Snyder tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if those bracelets are made of Nth metal and have special properties

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    You do realize that you calling out Gaelforce's joke for being "negative" is what started it right? And you do realize that you just posted three times in a row which is actually what carried this forward? I mean, it doesn't matter because the mods are going to delete all these comments, but sheesh.
    You do realize I was responding to people that were still talking about it, right? So sheesh. Maybe stop talking about, and fixating on the 'whiteness of Hollywood' which isn't even the topic of the thread, and all goes back to normal.

I know. Nutty.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's awesome news!!
    Slytherin & Wampus!!

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    All of it. They're saying *possible spoilers* Cyborg dies and his body's replaced with Nth metal that Wonder Woman provides ?? I wouldn't put it past Snyder tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if those bracelets are made of Nth metal and have special properties
    Nth metal has exactly ONE special property. A light anti-gravity effect. That's it. It's lighter than it looks like it should be.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Bad editing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Much appreciated, ..but, WW historian Carol Strickland's website pointed me in the right direction. Big Caroleer, over here!
    Very cool site!

Guys? I tossed a in there because I was joking. Yes, I get that it's DC/Marvel. Yes, I understand the 'Spiderverse' and since my collection started with Uncanny X-Men #2, I sorta get the X diversity (even if the 'X' originates from... )

It was tongue in cheek, so let's dial it down a notch, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Nth metal has exactly ONE special property. A light anti-gravity effect. That's it. It's lighter than it looks like it should be.
    Depends on the universe. In DCAU it can do things like breaking magical spells, and one guy used an Nth metal sword to cut a GL ring in half.

But Nth metal doesn't make sense for WW's bracelets since it's space metal and used most extensively by the Thanagarians.

also, I was pondering the many people who've managed to give WW a real fight, and Pele.... when WW went at it with Pele, WW commented that Pele seemed to be stronger than Superman.

Pele isn't the sort to be a recurring villain though. Also, in that engagement, WW didn't beat Pele. Pele was trying to kill WW for helping Zeus kill Pele's father. WW somehow convinced Pele to forgive her, then Pele left. http://www.amazonarchives.com/wonwm35.htm
    Last edited by marhawkman; 03-18-2017 at 11:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    Actually the French/Entente didn't kill war prisoners, they considered the practice barbaric and were appalled to learn that the germans didn't treat their POWs with the same leniency. So most likely they would've been tried for their crimes and thrown in jail. Even if they did execute them, that blood wouldn't be not on her hands

I sure hope she kills nobody but I'm not counting on it
    Unfortunately, the French were only one faction in the war, also it seems we are getting into the Britsh side of the conflict.
    Also, the blood would still be on her hands because she was the one who lead them to that point.

I doubt it as well, I just think it's silly to complain about people killing each other in a war.

Where you kinda kneecap your own argument, as to why average joe Steve Trevor would be unable to handle Diana's bracelets while average joe Victor Stone manages to have 60% of his body replaced with the same material.
    Also it's already disproven that Diana and Vic has that kind of connection... because we actually see Vic getting built. Secondly... why Nth metal of all things? Likely the lightest metal in all of the DCU and primarily associated with a set of completely different characters, ones that do not appear in these movies as of yet. Why not Prometium? Or the more homely Amazonium or Femium? Or we could simply go with the mythological version and have the bracelets beeing reforged fragments of the Aegies... which was originally the hide of a goat, I think.

Far more interesting, to me!
    "In the movie, we'll learn of why the Amazons were created by the goddess Aphrodite, who, at the behest of Zeus, makes these warrior women not just to combat Ares, but to bring a message of "peace in the world and love in the heart of humankind," going against Ares' message of destruction"

And this. This is music to my years :')

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    "In the movie, we'll learn of why the Amazons were created by the goddess Aphrodite, who, at the behest of Zeus, makes these warrior women not just to combat Ares, but to bring a message of "peace in the world and love in the heart of humankind," going against Ares' message of destruction"

And this. This is music to my years :')
    Yes! That too!

So Zeus didn't really create the Amazons. Aphrodite did. Just at Zeus' request.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

But he is still Diana's father

I actually like the involvement of Aphrodite, but I'm pretty pissed that all the gods are supposedly dead now...what a bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    But he is still Diana's father
    But that could still mean many things other than "He had a sleazy affair with Hippolyta."

I actually like the involvement of Aphrodite, but I'm pretty pissed that all the gods are supposedly dead now...what a bummer!
    In fairness, it doesn't say they're ALL dead. Just that Ares killed some of them. Some are probably still around, and gods frequently have ways of coming back.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

But that could still mean many things other than "He had a sleazy affair with Hippolyta."

In fairness, it doesn't say they're ALL dead. Just that Ares killed some of them. Some are probably still around, and gods frequently have ways of coming back.
    He could have blessed a baby clay for example, who knows?

That whole coexist sign debate made me realize in America especially it seems everything has to draw back to skin color, physical appearance, culture, gender, etc.

But aside from that, I can't believe people are riled up by Gal's armpit hair.