Page 178 of 254 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3797

Still love when Patty Jenkins and James Gunn were exchanging tweets about being excited about each other's movies.

That coexist symbol was so cool, and says so much.

I like the symbol, but it's hard to see 'Coexist' in it when all seven symbols belong to white males

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I like the symbol, but it's hard to see 'Coexist' in it when all seven symbols belong to white males
    The E in "coexist" coul have easily been the Wonder Woman logo sideways.

Isn't that a bummer? Even when someone tries to express a positive, someone will see a negative.

Astonishing Member

I mean, the X is from X-Men, which is an entire universe of diverse characters all its own. Jean Grey and Storm are just as much X-Men as Cyclops and Wolverine.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I mean, the X is from X-Men, which is an entire universe of diverse characters all its own. Jean Grey and Storm are just as much X-Men as Cyclops and Wolverine.
    One letter out of seven that isn't specifically dedicated to straight, white men? How diverse!

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/03/06/w...dceu-revealed/

In the story, Diana is told that the sword her mother the queen keeps hidden in a chamber with ornate spiral designs is the godkiller - but it's actually Diana herself. Yes, they'll be using a version of her modern New 52 origin, and Diana is a demi-god, the daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta.
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    One letter out of seven that isn't specifically dedicated to straight, white men? How diverse!
    Good Lord! Are you serious?

The X-Men has had a massive amount of women, Asian, Black, Hispanic and other races on top of its foundational Caucasian start. Good on James Gunn for wanting to make it clear not only is there plenty of room for DC and Marvel productions, but also males and females along with more than one race.

'glass half full' is an approach in life. But then it makes it look like everything is a detractor from a positive world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Ugh. Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Also the third symbol looks more like VENOM than Spider-Man. Which Venom? no idea. (one of them was a woman though) Then again, there are a lot of non-symbiote female spider people now. So it could work for one of them too. Julia Carpenter, for an example, has been known to wear that logo.
    SpiderWomanII-1.jpg
    The circle/star logo... yeah Cap uses it, but it's very similar to logos used by WW and some of her allies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    No Ludendorff was just cracking the whip, the man wasn't shot for cowardice or anything like that
    No, he was shot for A) Insubordination B) negatively affecting the other men present.

I understand that people die in wars but not on Wonder Woman's watch they shouldn't, and certainly not by her sword, I don't know what's so silly about getting the job done without using lethal force, if you don't have to. You know what I think is silly, that they made up a village besieged by a bunch of rogue german evil-doers, with so many Ordinary Joes caught in the squalid meat grinder of trench warfare who could really use saving
    It is silly because this isn't a cartoon where everyone miraculously come home without a scratch. Secondly it's silly because its just not how war works. You could have Diana beat them all up using her hands and the lasso... and then the Brits and French would likely shoot them anyways. Better yet, if you send them all fleeing, they might get killed anyways or they will just get new guns and be sent right back so you can do it all over again.

Finally... you dont actually know if she kills them, the sword stroke we've seen might as well be aiming for their rifles.

doubtful
    Which part?

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    'glass half full' is an approach in life. But then it makes it look like everything is a detractor from a positive world.
    Maybe, but this is glass 1/7 full.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Maybe, but this is glass 1/7 full.
    2/7 since the House of El "S" belongs to Supergirl, too.

I'm pretty sure that in this case "Coexist" is supposed to be a call for Marvel and DC movie fans to coexist. You know? So we can put a stop to this silly fan war in which some fans try to invalidate the other fan base's movies out of some sense of assumed superiority?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Indeed, the blast she's seen as capable of generating in*Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice doesn't come from her enchanted bangles, it comes from within Diana herself, part of her godly gift, far beyond the powers of other Amazons. When she discovers that power, it's the start of her true journey in discovering what kind of hero she wants to be and can be in the film.
    Far more interesting, to me!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--