Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

New upcoming event with quicksilver & the scarlet witch
    1 no more.jpg
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel

Excited and nervous about this NYCC reveal. I hope this is just "Decimation 10 year anniversary" or redemption storyline for the twins and not the other rumors circling about. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I'm not crazy about Quicksilver's outfit, mostly because he's really starting to look like his nephew Speed, and I'd like those two to be visually different in some way. They already share the speed powers and the white hair, they don't need to share clothes. I like those light patches on the costume, but I question why they put a light patch right above his crotch

There's been a lot of pretty exciting news for Quicksilver as of late...between talks of him appearing in an X-Factor TV show and this, it looks like he might finally become a prominent character.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Excited and nervous about this NYCC reveal. I hope this is just "Decimation 10 year anniversary" or redemption storyline for the twins and not the other rumors circling about. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I'm not crazy about Quicksilver's outfit, mostly because he's really starting to look like his nephew Speed, and I'd like those two to be visually different in some way. They already share the speed powers and the white hair, they don't need to share clothes. I like those light patches on the costume, but I question why they put a light patch right above his crotch

There's been a lot of pretty exciting news for Quicksilver as of late...between talks of him appearing in an X-Factor TV show and this, it looks like he might finally become a prominent character.
    You said everything I was thinking.

I really hope they don't do some kind of retcon to absolve them of being mutants. (Someone mentioned that in another thread,) That would just be awful. And I don't like the costume either. Seriously, what is wrong all of the sudden with costumes that have lasted for fifty years?
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Nick Fury, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

th2p

Attachment 11573

The new suit in the new Remender Uncanny Avengers, previously peeked at in that "No More Mutants" NYCC teaser. And, of course, there's more at http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56388 .

Even with the weinerlight, I think this might be QS's best non-uniform costume yet. Black and white with accents suits him. I'm a little weirded out by what's going on with his hair there, but I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I really hope they don't do some kind of retcon to absolve them of being mutants. (Someone mentioned that in another thread,) That would just be awful. And I don't like the costume either. Seriously, what is wrong all of the sudden with costumes that have lasted for fifty years?

Answer: NOTHING is wrong with those costumes, except in the minds of marketing majors and focus group gurus who think Quicksilver has to be 'updated' for modern audiences to 'relate' to.

None of what is happening (or more accurately, LOOKS to be happening) to Pietro is heartening at all, in fact, it's worrisome. He gets the "kid" treatment in DoFP, he's hamstrung in ANXF because the comics can't make a move without the OK from the movie franchise now (and this is NO aspersion against PAD, who writes a GREAT Pietro, but just had his hands tied in circumstances beyond his control), and now there's the real possibility they might even take away his status as a mutant!

Hope I'm wrong, and if I am, I'll decompress. But yeah, I don't like the changes, either.
    Last edited by electr1cgoblin; 10-18-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post
    Attachment 11573

The new suit in the new Remender Uncanny Avengers, previously peeked at in that "No More Mutants" NYCC teaser. And, of course, there's more at http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56388 .
    It looks like a stealth suit for the snow.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Nick Fury, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Answer: NOTHING is wrong with those costumes, except in the minds of marketing majors and focus group gurus who think Quicksilver has to be 'updated' for modern audiences to 'relate' to.
    I was never very fond of most of Quicksilver's costumes. I'm a graphic designer, and though it's not the same thing as a fashion designer, I feel his iconic costume was a bit weak in design: it's just a blue or green suit with a lightning sash...not particularly memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    None of what is happening (or more accurately, LOOKS to be happening) to Pietro is heartening at all, in fact, it's worrisome. He gets the "kid" treatment in DoFP, he's hamstrung in ANXF because the comics can't make a move without the OK from the movie franchise now (and this is NO asperion against PAD, who writes a GREAT Pietro, but just had his hands tied in circumstances beyond his control), and now there's the real possibility they might even take away his status as a mutant!

Hope I'm wrong, and if I am, I'll decompress. But yeah, I don't like the changes, either.
    I don't want to stress until we know more details. I'm glad he's getting exposure over being in limbo like he was last year. And the whole Son of M was an incredibly low point for the character, so I think as long as he doesn't go back to crazy villain guy (fingers crossed) , I'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I was never very fond of most of Quicksilver's costumes. I'm a graphic designer, and though it's not the same thing as a fashion designer, I feel his iconic costume was a bit weak in design: it's just a blue or green suit with a lightning sash...not particularly memorable.
    I agree. Most of QS costumes have been pretty awful and it looks like he has another to add to the list. *sigh*
    But whatever, I'm excited that he will be in UA. It has been an excellent read so far in my opinion and I'm very interested to see how he will interact with the cast. Plus I miss him as an Avenger! Here's hoping Remender with do the character justice.

Singer’s Right Hand Man Talks about X-MEN: DOFP and... QUICKSILVER Solo Film?
    Interesting bit here:
    Nrama: What kinds of films are you looking for?

Smrz: We talked about Quicksilver before, I’d love to do a Quicksilver as a solo film because there’s a lot to enjoy with that character. But I’m not geared just towards superhero movies; for me it’s about great main characters, and finding movies that have that.
    I'm a bit skeptical about a solo Quicksilver movie getting made, just like I'm skeptical Quicksilver will ever get a decent ongoing. Don't get me wrong, I'd like for these things to happen, but I've been disappointed before so I'd rather not raise my hopes up.
    Anyway, I'm happy that a movie director appreciates the potential of the character.
    Wouldn't it be funny if Fox managed to raise Quicksilver to A-List status? Something Marvel has never been able to do?

Seeing Avengers 2's Quicksilver's powers in action the DOFP version easily has him beat.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Seeing Avengers 2's Quicksilver's powers in action the DOFP version easily has him beat.
    You're right. It's disappointing and the movie feels more like Iron Man 4 than an Avengers movie.