Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1015
  1. #991
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    2,942

    Default Happy 86th Birthday Jazzy Johnny "Ring-a-Ding" Romita!!!

    http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/amazing_spider-man_71.shtml
    Imperius Rex! It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.

  2. #992
    Veteran Member Doctor Know's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    Walk Faster



    Run Slower





    No chill


  3. #993
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    2,942

    Default

    LOL!!! All three are EXCELLENT! ESPECIALLY the last one. Thanks for providing Char Aznable
    Imperius Rex! It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.

  4. #994
    Veteran Member Doctor Know's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    Quick question (lol), just how fast in Quicksilver nowadays? Reading the Wikia on him and it says he's gone FTL, but with no explanation for the increase. Is this a plot thing, where the writer needs QS to be faster for inexplicable reasons, or have I missed something?

  5. #995

    Default

    ^ Wish I had an answer for you. It does seem like his speed has kind of always varied according to the particular writer's needs, at least to me.

    My question is: what does everyone think of the characterization of Quicksilver in this new Marvel universe? I am assuming the speedster who's running around with Rogue, the old Captain America, the Human Torch, etc. is Pietro. I just read his appearance in SQUADRON SUPREME and I didn't really care for it. Pietro has been snarky ever since Peter David wrote him (excellently) but this time he seemed, kind of juvenile and shallow. Also, is it just me or did anyone else wince when he got punked by Blur (of all people)? I like the Blur character, and am still in mourning and outrage over the apparent destruction of the New Universe (really, ALL of them??), but Pietro should be accorded a bit more respect than to have this happen.

    I suppose, given events in the "movie" universe, I should be happy he's even IN the new print universe, but still. . .

    Anyway, thoughts?

  6. #996
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,163

    Default

    Any kind of power levels are always subject to change depending on the writer. I think it's best not to lose sleep over that one.

    I don't like how he is acting in ANAD. I don't buy the whole "Magneto is not my father anymore so I'm all happy go lucky thing now." but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that some of it will be explained better soon. We did get some insight in UA before the Standoff stuff started with regards to Wanda. But being in a team book means we'll have to wait it out.

  7. #997
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    2,942

    Cool QUICKSILVER Does His Thing Again in Branded X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Ad

    http://www.newsarama.com/28872-quicksilver-does-his-thing-again-in-branded-x-men-apocalypse-ad.html
    Imperius Rex! It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.

  8. #998
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    ^ Wish I had an answer for you. It does seem like his speed has kind of always varied according to the particular writer's needs, at least to me.

    My question is: what does everyone think of the characterization of Quicksilver in this new Marvel universe? I am assuming the speedster who's running around with Rogue, the old Captain America, the Human Torch, etc. is Pietro. I just read his appearance in SQUADRON SUPREME and I didn't really care for it. Pietro has been snarky ever since Peter David wrote him (excellently) but this time he seemed, kind of juvenile and shallow. Also, is it just me or did anyone else wince when he got punked by Blur (of all people)? I like the Blur character, and am still in mourning and outrage over the apparent destruction of the New Universe (really, ALL of them??), but Pietro should be accorded a bit more respect than to have this happen.

    I suppose, given events in the "movie" universe, I should be happy he's even IN the new print universe, but still. . .

    Anyway, thoughts?
    I'm with you on "juvenile and shallow"...but then again, I feel like the vast majority of characters are being written as juvenile and shallow nowadays. It seems to me that instead of finding ways to give character unique voices, a lot of the writers are making the characters sound like generic dudes and dudettes. Apart from Pietro's voice being off, I'm really hating the idea that since he found out he's not Magneto's son anymore, he's dating all the ladies... I never thought that Pietro was "standoffish" because his dad was Magneto, but more like he was a mutant who'd faced quite a bit of persecution in his youth, which is why he has trouble trusting and getting close to others.
    Anywoo, Pietro getting beat by Blur is annoying, but given it's a Squadron Supreme book, it was a given it would happen.

  9. #999
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Quick question (lol), just how fast in Quicksilver nowadays? Reading the Wikia on him and it says he's gone FTL, but with no explanation for the increase. Is this a plot thing, where the writer needs QS to be faster for inexplicable reasons, or have I missed something?
    What does FTL mean?
    In the Quicksilver series (late 90s), he was exposed to Isotope E which gave him a power boost, but it's not a specific power boost. Basically now he can break the laws of physics if the writer wants him to and yet still be a weakling and get beaten by other speedsters in fights.

  10. #1000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I'm with you on "juvenile and shallow"...but then again, I feel like the vast majority of characters are being written as juvenile and shallow nowadays. It seems to me that instead of finding ways to give character unique voices, a lot of the writers are making the characters sound like generic dudes and dudettes. Apart from Pietro's voice being off, I'm really hating the idea that since he found out he's not Magneto's son anymore, he's dating all the ladies... I never thought that Pietro was "standoffish" because his dad was Magneto, but more like he was a mutant who'd faced quite a bit of persecution in his youth, which is why he has trouble trusting and getting close to others.
    Anywoo, Pietro getting beat by Blur is annoying, but given it's a Squadron Supreme book, it was a given it would happen.
    Basically, at this point, I'm of a mind that Marvel just has no idea what to do with Pietro, or even who he is. They can't keep his powers consistent, his motivation and characterization is all over the map; they really have no idea what makes him tick. And again, given the fact that the only characters that seem to matter much to them are those that are on screen or going to be on screen, and given his fate, it seems very unlikely anyone's going to put much effort into him. And it's a damned shame; he's one of the most complex characters they have, with a rich history and ties to multiple areas of the Marvel Universe. He's their "Flash", for heaven's sake, and much more. And they continue to completely waste him.

  11. #1001
    Northern Lights Beaubier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Pietro's character is totally off nowadays and the reasoning given behind it makes no sense. I don't feel that Duggan really understands his character or given much thought to him other than how to use him for gags.

    I really don't like the direction that Pietro OR Wanda are going in. Marvel ruined them for the sake of the movies.

  12. #1002
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Basically, at this point, I'm of a mind that Marvel just has no idea what to do with Pietro, or even who he is. They can't keep his powers consistent, his motivation and characterization is all over the map; they really have no idea what makes him tick. And again, given the fact that the only characters that seem to matter much to them are those that are on screen or going to be on screen, and given his fate, it seems very unlikely anyone's going to put much effort into him. And it's a damned shame; he's one of the most complex characters they have, with a rich history and ties to multiple areas of the Marvel Universe. He's their "Flash", for heaven's sake, and much more. And they continue to completely waste him.
    I think Marvel "knows" that Quicksilver is a jerk because that's the only semi-consistent character trait he's got going. I put "knows" in quotation marks because the belief that Pietro is a jerk isn't exactly based on actual character history...or rather after reading the bulk of Pietro's comic book history, I personally have a different view on Quicksilver's jerkiness, but my guess is no one at Marvel has actually read his history which is why their understanding of the character is shallow.
    I too am frustrated by how Quicksilver is being used. I've been waiting over a decade to read a decent story arc for Quicksilver, and I'm at the point where I feel it will never happen so I'm becoming indifferent to Marvel comics. I'll just work on a fanfic of where I'd like to see Pietro go, and get my sense of closure that way.

  13. #1003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I think Marvel "knows" that Quicksilver is a jerk because that's the only semi-consistent character trait he's got going. I put "knows" in quotation marks because the belief that Pietro is a jerk isn't exactly based on actual character history...or rather after reading the bulk of Pietro's comic book history, I personally have a different view on Quicksilver's jerkiness, but my guess is no one at Marvel has actually read his history which is why their understanding of the character is shallow.
    I too am frustrated by how Quicksilver is being used. I've been waiting over a decade to read a decent story arc for Quicksilver, and I'm at the point where I feel it will never happen so I'm becoming indifferent to Marvel comics. I'll just work on a fanfic of where I'd like to see Pietro go, and get my sense of closure that way.
    I thought that Christos Gage did a good job with Pietro in the old (and lamented) AVENGERS ACADEMY, but outside of that, the last good Quicksilver story I read was "The Quick and the Dead" where Peter David tried to rehab all the poor decisions that had been made in regard to the character previously. It was an opening, a chance to start fresh, and typically, Marvel blew it.

  14. #1004
    Junior Member Dupe1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quick and the dead, and Son of M prior to that were both strong stories, you at least have Fox's interesting take on Pietro to enjoy QSF.

    I would love if FOX used Pietro as the lead character to spin off an X-Factor introducing Madrox, Guido, Polaris & Wolfsbane to the X-Cinimatic universe. Because of the different time scales they have used I do not know how you could wedge Havok in there too but it would be worth trying, maybe sub in Longshot for Havok.

  15. #1005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dupe1979 View Post
    Quick and the dead, and Son of M prior to that were both strong stories, you at least have Fox's interesting take on Pietro to enjoy QSF.

    I would love if FOX used Pietro as the lead character to spin off an X-Factor introducing Madrox, Guido, Polaris & Wolfsbane to the X-Cinimatic universe. Because of the different time scales they have used I do not know how you could wedge Havok in there too but it would be worth trying, maybe sub in Longshot for Havok.
    I agree that the Fox character is neat, but...it's really not Pietro, is it?

    He's about 15 years too young, his name is not (and never will be, I don't think) either "Pietro" or "Quicksilver", he's not European, and he's way too jokey. Again a cool character and a nice nod to the real Quicksilver, but not the same. Marvel had a chance to do something in AOA, and they frittered it away.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •