Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061
Results 901 to 913 of 913
  1. #901
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Retcon aside, how's Remender's take on Quicksilver? Does he sound right?
    Not too sure yet. He didn't speak this issue. All I know is that last issue, his thought bubbles sounded about right, but his speech was completely wrong...he sounded too much like Spider-man.

  2. #902
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astra M View Post
    Can you give me some spoilers on that? I'm very curious!
    Sure. I don't know where it stands in continuity because Steve is still Captain America and Tony is not inverted, but Pietro has his uncanny Avengers costume. I think it's a comic meant to tie in to the movies since it has most of the cast from the movie.
    The team goes back in time to foil Hydra. It's pretty standard stuff, but honestly after Uncanny Avengers and Axis, reading normal good guy / bad guy stories was kind of refreshing. Also Quicksilver gets a lot more focus than he usually does in Avengers books.
    Here are some of my favorite panels:
    01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg

  3. #903
    Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Not too sure yet. He didn't speak this issue. All I know is that last issue, his thought bubbles sounded about right, but his speech was completely wrong...he sounded too much like Spider-man.
    Thanks. I guess his dialogue was always going to suffer coming after Peter David, who's so good at witty, worldly, intelligent characters.

    image.jpg

    Miss that.
    "Self has no time for this."

  4. #904
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Sure. I don't know where it stands in continuity because Steve is still Captain America and Tony is not inverted, but Pietro has his uncanny Avengers costume. I think it's a comic meant to tie in to the movies since it has most of the cast from the movie.
    The team goes back in time to foil Hydra. It's pretty standard stuff, but honestly after Uncanny Avengers and Axis, reading normal good guy / bad guy stories was kind of refreshing. Also Quicksilver gets a lot more focus than he usually does in Avengers books.
    Here are some of my favorite panels:
    01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg
    What com8c is this from

  5. #905
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    What com8c is this from
    Avengers Millennium Infinite comics. It's only available in digital so far. here is the link to it

  6. #906
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Sure. I don't know where it stands in continuity because Steve is still Captain America and Tony is not inverted, but Pietro has his uncanny Avengers costume. I think it's a comic meant to tie in to the movies since it has most of the cast from the movie.
    The team goes back in time to foil Hydra. It's pretty standard stuff, but honestly after Uncanny Avengers and Axis, reading normal good guy / bad guy stories was kind of refreshing. Also Quicksilver gets a lot more focus than he usually does in Avengers books.
    Here are some of my favorite panels:
    01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg
    Cheeseburgers? For the man who thinks sustenance is not a trivial matter? Hilarious!

    Thanks for posting that; must go check it out later.

  7. #907
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astra M View Post
    Cheeseburgers? For the man who thinks sustenance is not a trivial matter? Hilarious!

    Thanks for posting that; must go check it out later.
    Given this is a comic, you can't really tell the tone of voice used. I don't know whether Pietro's "cheeseburgers?" is him saying "What Hawkeye? You just want to feed me cheeseburgers and not get me medical attention?" or "You have cheeseburgers? Give me some, I'm about to die here"

  8. #908
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Given this is a comic, you can't really tell the tone of voice used. I don't know whether Pietro's "cheeseburgers?" is him saying "What Hawkeye? You just want to feed me cheeseburgers and not get me medical attention?" or "You have cheeseburgers? Give me some, I'm about to die here"
    Probably a little of both, with Pietro.

    I really enjoyed this. Quite a good amount of Quicksilver action in the first three issues, which was nice. And a good bit of light banter between Hawkeye and Spidey. Yeah, like you, I was ready for a nice adventure without a lot of drama. This was a very good pick me up!

    Pietro found a little peace at last...

  9. #909
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    1,935

    Default


    Art by yamamura

  10. #910
    Kurtty Fan Slicknickshady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Magneto will always be there father to me.

  11. #911
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I know this teaser for UA #4 has been out for some time now, but:

    "Quicksilver unleashed and out for revenge on Counter Earth! Dr. Voodoo draws forth the unseen army! The Vision acquires his heart's desire, at the cost of all those he loves."


    What do you think? Is Quicksilver finally going to get a power upgrade? Keeping my fingers crossed for something I'd really love to see happen.

  12. #912
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astra M View Post
    I know this teaser for UA #4 has been out for some time now, but:

    "Quicksilver unleashed and out for revenge on Counter Earth! Dr. Voodoo draws forth the unseen army! The Vision acquires his heart's desire, at the cost of all those he loves."


    What do you think? Is Quicksilver finally going to get a power upgrade? Keeping my fingers crossed for something I'd really love to see happen.
    Actuallu it sounds to me like Pietro is going to lose his sanity again, or have some sort of mental breakdown. I could be wrong...

  13. #913
    butthurt fanboy Mr. Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

    Art by yamamura
    I love pics of those two.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •