Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1086

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I haven't seen this posted yet, so I figured I might as well. Swimsuit Pietro and Namor by the ever brilliant Kristafer Anka.

Attachment 37644

I'm reminded of Spider-Man once quipping that QS wore banana hammocks with lightning bolts. I wonder if Anka got his inspiration from that.
    Namor is not that tall.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Has it been determined which side of the Civil War that Pietro will fall under?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Has it been determined which side of the Civil War that Pietro will fall under?
    Nothing yet, only that it will be on the opposite side of Wanda. I also heard that half the Unity squad jumps ship to fight in the XM side of the CW, so who knows if he'll take part in the main event proper outside of Wanda's book.

The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar

Happy Birthday Phil Jimenez!!!

From New X-Men # 132, art by Phil Jimenez http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._phil_jimenez/
    Imperius Rex! It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.

The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Imperius Rex! It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Namor is not that tall.
    As I understand it, Anka explained in his headcanon, Namor is closer to 7ft instead of the 6ft 2 that he is. Otherwise no, Namor would not tower over Pietro like that, who is 6ft.

As well drawn as this is, I always wished someone would finally put our boy in a good outfit for once. His last two were atrocious. Maybe a variation on his Ultimate costume, with some blue and silver thrown in.

Well, I just finished reading Scarlet Witch #9, and just as I thought, they made Pietro to be a misogynist sociopath who abuses and belittles Wanda since childhood. They literally called him a sociopath, even though that is no more an actual medical diagnosis today than 'idiot' or 'hysterical'. I'm sick of Pietro being made to be some back-stabbing, opportunistic monster who will do anything for power. It's Steve Englehart's character assassination all over again.

If I didn't know any better, I would think that this was a set up to separate the twins. That Pietro really is Magneto's son, thus the 'sociopathy', and Wanda the daughter of a witch. Beyond making Wanda blameless for any and all crimes by putting it all on Pietro.

Well, I just finished reading Scarlet Witch #9, and just as I thought, they made Pietro to be a misogynist sociopath who abuses and belittles Wanda since childhood. They literally called him a sociopath, even though that is no more an actual medical diagnosis today than 'idiot' or 'hysterical'. I'm sick of Pietro being made to be some back-stabbing, opportunistic monster who will do anything for power. It's Steve Englehart's character assassination all over again.

If I didn't know any better, I would think that this was a set up to separate the twins. That Pietro really is Magneto's son, thus the 'sociopathy', and Wanda the daughter of a witch. Beyond making Wanda blameless for any and all crimes by putting it all on Pietro.
    I actually really loved that issue, but I still think his handling of Pietro was over the top. We could've had it without the sociopath part and a less harsh dialogue.

Veteran Member

Even more than with most characters Wanda and Pietro seem to have a few stock stories that writers repeat over and over thinking they're fresh. Wanda has been through this exact character beat - proving she's no longer the frightened little girl dominated by her brother - even though their relationship hasn't been like that since 1965. But writers let a couple of issues where he was bossing her around (the issue where they left the X-Men and the issue where they joined the Avengers) dominate the way they think of the relationship.

Mark Waid wrote a very similar "Wanda doesn't need her domineering brother to protect her" story during Onslaught and that was 20 years ago. It almost makes me glad for the separation of the two characters in the movies (Scarlet Witch in the MCU, Quicksilver now exclusive to Fox) because it prevents them from going over this territory yet again.

Agreed this feel wrong to me too I hate stories that make a "monster" of other characters just to make the protagonist look good or better I seriously don´t think this does wanda any favors imo hope it was done because as it was a civil war issue the author had Wanda and Pietro fight over the their personal CW, I hope this´s just an stage for them to go looking for Natalya Maximoff together I remember in an interview Robinson said something about them finding their origins.

Yes,it would seem they are making him "Magneto´s son" but the funny thing is that magneto in canon has a bi-polar disorder diagnosed by Moira and Xavier, he has periods of mania and depression. That would make him more like wanda

And even if we are to believe Pietro is a "controlling brother" that doesn´t make Wanda blameless if she really wants to grow she needs to addess her own responsibilities. But well I hope they are acting this way to move on from this characterization.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-10-2016 at 12:15 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

Sigh. I had certainly hoped for better from Robinson. Is there anybody currently writing comics that 'gets' Pietro? Peter David, certainly, but I wouldn't hold my breath on him writing Pietro again. Christos Gage did a good job but ditto on his chances. What a mess. I wonder how much of this is editorial mandate, how much of it is "we can do whatever we want because the movie version is dead", and how much is pure lack of understanding and nuance.

It's hard to see a favorite character destroyed, year after year.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

From New X-Men # 132, art by Phil Jimenez http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._phil_jimenez/
    That was a great piece of art. It's so sad that Lorna and Pietro's relationship was wiped out, it was one of their closest over the years if at times adversial.

PS, yes I think Quickliver is getting a raw deal right now in the comics ever since he became the golden boy of DoFP and then Poccy. We see it in the 616 and we saw it even AU in SW HoM.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-10-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Pietro was totally character assassinated. It was like he stepped out of the Engelhart books and he's come a long way since then. Reading it was infuriating. Wanda and Pietro could've had a falling out without depicting Pietro as physically and emotionally abusive. I can't for one second believe that the Pietro I'Ve been reading for the last decade plus would attack his sister to try to intimidate her into doing what he wanted. Ridiculous. The depiction was not accurate at all.

tumblr_obrt7gDCxW1rmnv8po1_500.jpg

tumblr_obrt7gDCxW1rmnv8po5_540.jpg

tumblr_obrt7gDCxW1rmnv8po4_1280.jpg
    Last edited by Beaubier; 08-12-2016 at 07:01 AM.