Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Original Sins, #2

EVERYBODY HAS ONE...

Full article here.

The Deathlok bit seems interesting. Maybe Michael will be reactivated to stop the next generation of Deathloks?

Peace

The art for the Young Avengers story is horrendous.
    UncannyAvengers AmazingXMen XFactor XForce Magneto Loki GhostRider Nightcrawler CaptainAmerica SpiderMan2099 Saga Wicked+Divine TerminalHero
    Awaiting: Low Axis

there is original Sin and Original Sins? what? lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    there is original Sin and Original Sins? what? lol
    Original Sins is a tie-in.

Wanda Maximoff, My #1! =D CJStriker's Avatar

Book Indeed Looks Interesting, will catch it to see where it goes! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu B View Post
    Yea, not much of a fan of the Art of the Young Avengers Part, not the worst I have seen, but not good.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu B View Post
    Well, not horrendous, but certainly not what you'd expect to see in a mainstream Marvel title. It's been interesting to see Marvel push the boundaries over the past few years in titles like Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Superior Foes, and elsewhere. This is the sort of art a few years ago would have been relegated to a Bizzaro Comics anthology or a Strange Tales mini (two previous showcases for indie art with mainstream characters). I like it, but can totally see why it might not be everybody's cuppa.

(One of the reasons I couldn't get into last Captain Marvel series was the broad range of clashing art styles, some with a similar indie vibe.)

Can't wait for some Deathlok!!!! So I guess he's not Mike Peterson

There is all this jibba jabba online about how this Young Avengers story COULD prove instrumental in convincing Marvel to relaunch my guys and gals into their own series but... COME ON!!!

You can't base their worth on the crumb sprinkling throughout this Original Sins stuff! Especially with this..... unique.... art. <grumble grumble>
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Bumped for Deatlhok!!!!

I'm looking forward to this. I'm excited to see how this little group of the YA work together, and see a bit of how their bond/friendship has grown since we last saw them! Plus, we have Prodigy hacking Noh-Varr's shuttle, Noh-Varr apparently has the best cell phone reception ever, and there's alien space pizza :-)

The Deathlock story looks interesting too. I don't know much about it, is this guy a new Deathlock?

And isn't there a third story is this too? Do we know who that is about?

Trying to continue the Young Avengers in the style of Gillen/McKelvie seems pointless, especially if you don't have an artist as slick as McKelvie or as weird as Gillen. It just comes off as an attempt by adults to pander to what they think today's teenagers are like. They'd be much better off trying to get back to something like the Heinberg/Cheung version which was more timeless in style.

Perkins art is so nice. I'm skipping a lot of the tie ins and .1 issues, but I hope this does well enough so Nathan and Mike (and their fans) can get the proposed Deathlok series.
    Blending into the shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Perkins art is so nice. I'm skipping a lot of the tie ins and .1 issues, but I hope this does well enough so Nathan and Mike (and their fans) can get the proposed Deathlok series.
    I hope so too

The Young Avengers art is terrible to look at. I was going to pick this series up but now I'm not a hundred percent sure. Will there be a different artist next issue or will it be this the whole way through?
    Current Monthly Pulls (though I buy a ton of trades as well all the time):
    DC: Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger, Trinity of Sin: Pandora, Justice League, Justice League United, Constantine, Justice League Dark, Smallville Season 11 Minis
    Marvel: Avengers, New Avengers, Avengers World, Original Sin

Favourite DC Characters: 1- Supergirl 2- Pandora 3- Red Lantern Bleez 4- Batgirl (Babs) 5- Larfleeze 6- Green Arrow

Hyped for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!