View Poll Results: Who is your favorite woman of the Superverse?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lara

0 0%
  • Martha Kent

1 1.45%
  • Lana Lang

4 5.80%
  • Lois Lane

22 31.88%
  • Supergirl

16 23.19%
  • Power Girl

13 18.84%
  • Cat Grant

0 0%
  • Maggie Sawyer

2 2.90%
  • Lucy Lane

0 0%
  • Faora/Ursa

1 1.45%
  • Maxima

9 13.04%
  • Livewire

0 0%
  • Mercy Graves

0 0%
  • Natasha Irons

0 0%
  • Other (please explain)

1 1.45%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

94.) Mary Clark - Martha Kent's mom
    95.) Regan - the suicidal girl from ALL-STAR SUPERMAN
    96.) Lilo - Kryptonian astronaut from ALL-STAR SUPERMAN
    97.) Agatha - from ALL-STAR SUPERMAN
    98.) Hope II - artificial life form, from LUTHOR graphic novel
    99.) Vera Webster - from SUPERMAN III
    100.) Lorelei Ambrosia - from SUPERMAN III
    101.) Vond-Ah - Kryptonian scientist from SUPERMAN THE MOVIE

We did it!

101 WOMEN OF THE SUPERVERSE!

How much farther can we go? I'm sure there are a few more out there that we've missed!
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 06-19-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Reviving this thread due to a nagging question ...

My friend recently got me the Essential Superman Encyclopedia hardcover for my most recent birthday. Great book.

It got me thinking: Does Superman (and his Superverse) have a premiere human female antagonist?

I know we have Faora/Ursa, Maxima, Livewire, Silver Banshee and other superhuman female super-villains.

But what about dominant human female villains in the Superverse? Are there any of those? Nothing is coming to mind.

There's a smattering of Luthor's ex/wives like Contessa and Ardora and his female underlings like Mercy, Kitty Kowalski, Eve Tessmacher, Tess Mercer, etc. But all these women are in Luthor's considerable shadow, so they don't count.

Ideally what I'm looking for is a female character who works as very high-ranking for the government with a profound distrust of all things Kryptonian.

Basically, a female variant of General Lane, or a Superverse-centric Amanda Waller type.

Does such a character already exist? And if not, should she?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Reviving this thread due to a nagging question ...

My friend recently got me the Essential Superman Encyclopedia hardcover for my most recent birthday. Great book.

It got me thinking: Does Superman (and his Superverse) have a premiere human female antagonist?

I know we have Faora/Ursa, Maxima, Livewire, Silver Banshee and other superhuman female super-villains.

But what about dominant human female villains in the Superverse? Are there any of those? Nothing is coming to mind.

There's a smattering of Luthor's ex/wives like Contessa and Ardora and his female underlings like Mercy, Kitty Kowalski, Eve Tessmacher, Tess Mercer, etc. But all these women are in Luthor's considerable shadow, so they don't count.

Ideally what I'm looking for is a female character who works as very high-ranking for the government with a profound distrust of all things Kryptonian.

Basically, a female variant of General Lane, or a Superverse-centric Amanda Waller type.

Does such a character already exist? And if not, should she?
    At times in the past, Lois has been described as something of an antagonist as well as a protagonist (depending on story and perspective). You could say her wanting to figure out whether Clark was Superman (if she was planning on making it public knowledge) would put her in the antagonist role. A sort of regularly-occuring one though? None that I know of.