Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default ROLL CALL: Marvel Characters Ready to Enlist in "Agents of SHIELD"

Deathlok was only the beginning for "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD," and CBR speculates which other characters will join the cast in Season 2.

Full article here.

I like most of these. But Carol should start in a movie, either her own or as a supporting character or cameo in another. And Punisher joining SHIELD? No, please.

Just FYI: Professor Vaughan is Wendell's father, not Quasar himself.

Would also like to see some of the classic SHIELD agents: Most notably James Woo, Clay Quartermain, and Bobbi Morse AKA Mockingbird. Depending on whether Marvel thinks they have the rights to Spiderwoman, this might also be the right place to introduce Jessica Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    Just FYI: Professor Vaughan is Wendell's father, not Quasar himself.

Would also like to see some of the classic SHIELD agents: Most notably James Woo, Clay Quartermain, and Bobbi Morse AKA Mockingbird. Depending on whether Marvel thinks they have the rights to Spiderwoman, this might also be the right place to introduce Jessica Drew.
    I would love to see Jessica Drew and Bobbi Morse.

No offense to the show itself, but using some of these characters on this show vs. in film or a show of their own feels a bit like slumming; in particular, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Elsa Bloodstone, and Shang-Chi.

I've had a theory for awhile that Ward is actually going to become the Punisher (albeit with an altered origin) but that's becoming less likely.

It would be great if Carol Danvers actually gets her start on the show before springboarding into movies. (corporate synergy at its best)

Agent Jimmy Woo leading to an Agents of Atlas storyline? YES!

My First choice though would be Aaron Stack, X-51: MACHINE MAN!! (with finger-guns! (think of the MM/Deathlok throwdown!))

But The Big Bad of Season 2 should be ZEMO!

Not if it's merely an introduction. For example, non-powered US Air Force Major Carol Danvers, who then actually becomes a superhero in a future movie. Also, the chances of She-Hulk, or Shang-chi, or Elsa Bloodstone being a movie, at least anytime soon, are slim at best. As for Punisher, I'd prefer that he be introduced in Marvel's upcoming Netflix shows. But he could work as a kind of opposing force on AOS, not as a member of SHIELD though. I want to see Bobbi Morse, Abigail Brand, and Jessica Drew. They make the most sense, being actual SHIELD agents and all (or SWORD in Brand's case).

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I would love to see Jessica Drew and Bobbi Morse.
    I second this. Bobbi, in particular, would fit in nicely.

Why keep mentioning "This person could replace Ward"? Ward has already been replaced by Triplett. It's not the exact same role, but it's the basic role, with the addition of Triplett having a better personality, being technically smarter and having connections to the established past.

I'd love to see Bobbi as a member, then showing up in the movies to start a relationship with Clint.

A bunch of these characters could be okay in cameos that springboard into their own thing (whether it be movies or tv), but wouldn't be good cast members.

I'm fine with Jennifer being a guest, as long as she then got her own thing. There's nothing stopping Matt Murdock from crossing over to be a guest, though.

Introducing Carol would be fine. It might be especially cool if her movie is already announced when she makes a surprise appearance pre-movie origin, helping to build recognition and hype for the forthcoming (hypothetical) movie.

The (rebooted) Savior Flash Gordon's Avatar

CAPTAIN MARVEL (Carol Danvers) is too big a character to waste on an ABC show. She could be Marvel's first big screen superheroine.

SHE-HULK should get her start in a HULK film.

SHANG-CHI can easily just be on IRON FIST.

BALDER THE BRAVE is really long overdue for a THOR role.

This list contains characters that are just too big for network television.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

She-Hulk, Shang-Chi, and Balder are too big for network TV, hardly. Most of the GA probably has no idea who Balder and Shang are, and maybe only a passing familiarity with She Hulk. And Carol wouldn't be "wasted." It would be an introduction/guest role in order to set her up for a future film, which is a perfectly valid way to go about it.

I agree with everyone regarding Carol Danvers. Captain Marvel needs to be in Avengers. She should be able to throw down with Thor or Hulk if I had my way.

I'd much prefer to see Mockingbird, Jessica Drew, Contessa Valentina, or Daisy Johnson be a part of the series.

Lots of <3 in this thread for Bobbi Morse (aka Mockingbird). That was my first thought when I read the headline, and thought "what the heck" when she wasn't on the list given her historical role as a SHIELD agent without powers. The potential to link to the MCU through Hawkeye is awesome, and although I don't see it happening, it could lead into an Avengers: West Coast tie in.

BANNED

i wish that Paul Rudd would show up as Ant-Man; just so my wait won't have been in vein.

Sung Kang as Shang Chi. Nuff said. He knows about the character.
    Also bring on Tom Jane as Punisher. The REAL 'Castle' needs to come to TV.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 06-05-2014 at 08:01 PM.