Super Moderator

Default Ronan Revealed in First "Guardians of the Galaxy" TV Spot

The first "Guardians of the Galaxy" television ad contains a quick look at Lee Pace in action as the film's villain, Ronan the Accuser.

Full article here.

I like the way Peter announced "We're the Guardians of the Galaxy", in a way that sounds like even he knows how ridiculous it sounds.

Finally, a promo with some cool music. Looks good!
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Correction to the title.

Ronan was already introduced in the second full-length trailer. They showed him sitting, bowing, blasting and grabbing what ever power source everyone is fighting over.

BANNED

God damn this looks so bad ass.
    Ronan is looking good.

not a fan of 3D, and i am quite sure that a lot of people out there still love a classical, typical 2D film.
    i feel 3D glasses set a wall between you and the movie.
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

The more I see of this, the more on the fence I am. It looks awesome, that's undeniable. But this is such a huge departure from Marvel's other movies and properties. I get the sense that this is one of those movies that fans could either really like or really hate. I like Chris Pratt, but he sounds like he's overacting in every trailer. That or maybe I'm just too used to seeing him as Andy on Parks and Rec. Maybe they should've just cast Nick Offerman as Chris Pratt. I really like that Marvel is trying something different. I just worry that at this point, they're just being different for the sake of it. I'll still reserve my final judgment until August.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Finally, a promo with some cool music. Looks good!
    Meh. Give me Hooked On A Feeling any day over this generic dissonance. Oogachaka.
    Amy: Have you ever run away from something because you were scared, or not ready, or just... just because you could?
    The Doctor: Once. A long time ago.
    Amy: What happened?
    The Doctor: [gestures to himself] Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The more I see of this, the more on the fence I am. It looks awesome, that's undeniable. But this is such a huge departure from Marvel's other movies and properties. I get the sense that this is one of those movies that fans could either really like or really hate. I like Chris Pratt, but he sounds like he's overacting in every trailer. That or maybe I'm just too used to seeing him as Andy on Parks and Rec. Maybe they should've just cast Nick Offerman as Chris Pratt. I really like that Marvel is trying something different. I just worry that at this point, they're just being different for the sake of it. I'll still reserve my final judgment until August.
    I'm with you on that. I keep wanting to be excited by this, considering my Guardians reading experience goes all the way back to the 90's re-boot, but nothing about it really grabs me. I'm really hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but this might be the first Marvel movie for which I wait until home video.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Now I'm not sure. The first trailer finally sold me, but this... shrugs.
    Former Marvel girl...

I think it only now dawned on me that this is going to be the first time that the Kree (or a Kree) are going to be on the silver screen. Maybe we'll get some Skrull cameos in this movie as well.
    Amsterdam city, bish, that's where I come from
    Not where I moved to on mom&dad's trust fund