Page 208 of 239 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3582
    Incredible Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    They're already making Huntress look (sorta) non-white, but it's not out of left field because of her family history.
    Just to clarify, the Grayson team confirmed that Helena is black.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    That makes sense, I thought they were drawing her with darker skin because some anglos/germanics have this weird idea that "Italians* are not real whites" just because their skin ins't whiter than clean bedsheets. Racist bullshit from the "we wuz mastah rice" nordicucks, essentially.

*Greeks and other Mediterraneans too. As if we glorious Mediterraneans want to be associated with those northern barbarians!

Which is bizarre, because my mother's family is descended from Italians, and they're quite white - a lot, in fact, which is surprising because my paternal grandfather was black/amerindian. Then my mother looks quite white, yet I am slightly swartier and have slightly pronounced african-ish features. Must've skipped generations.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    That makes sense, I thought they were drawing her with darker skin because some anglos/germanics have this weird idea that "Italians* are not real whites" just because their skin ins't whiter than clean bedsheets. Racist bullshit from the "we wuz mastah rice" nordicucks, essentially.

*Greeks and other Mediterraneans too. As if we glorious Mediterraneans want to be associated with those northern barbarians!

Which is bizarre, because my mother's family is descended from Italians, and they're quite white - a lot, in fact, which is surprising because my paternal grandfather was black/amerindian. Then my mother looks quite white, yet I am slightly swartier and have slightly pronounced african-ish features. Must've skipped generations.
    Can confirm. Greeks considered themselves in the glorious middle of skin tones, practically perfect in every way. (Though individuals vary, of course.)

Batman: Year One is better than The Dark Knight Returns.

The death of Jason Todd should have spelled the end of the Robin identity. Tim Drake's introduction was just an
    unnecessary attempt at continuing it.

Quote Originally Posted by YounG03 View Post
    10 secs is kinda fast, are they rookies, intimidated it she still can predict movements. M
    B. I can even think of cool superheroes outside whites that are A-listers. But when you do a reboot I just feel it should be more realise tic, inviting or at least present a character that would be flesh out. I don't see Supes as anything but White but a lil alien pls and I think Barry would be great Black. The Atom can start out as Asian instead of Dr. Cho...Y rehash the same thing now that we think differently. And you would still have the majority being white and powered.
    A female goon seem funny to me but I'm sure there's a lot of females who are naturally strong or trained that can whip ass. They orobbe smarter in engaging heroes too
    I think there's more wiggle room for race bending when you reboot, but we've seen how well that goes over with the general fandom. So even if it's a good idea you *should* be able to get away with (fresh continuity means you can change whatever you want, right?), I dont think the fans would let you. And at the end of the day, the consumer is the one holding the leash; DC can't do much if the fans don't support it.

I also see no reason to make Ray Palmer (for example) Asian when you have Choi already established. I mean, why not just use Ryan from the start? You can even say that Ray *was* the Atom at some point in the past, so Ryan's role as a legacy is maintained, but focus on Ryan as *the* Atom that matters (not unlike how Dan Garrett was the first Blue Beetle but Ted is the one who got attention). You got all these awesome minority characters, why ignore them in favor of race-bending the bigger names? I'd hate to see Hal Jordan turned into a black man when we could have gotten some attention for John Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Cool. Honestly though I thought she was just a dark skinned Latina.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Discipline = Freedom.

Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
    Batman: Year One is better than The Dark Knight Returns.

The death of Jason Todd should have spelled the end of the Robin identity. Tim Drake's introduction was just an
    unnecessary attempt at continuing it.
    I completely agree with your first point. DKR is outdated as Hell.

I can't agree with with your other point, because my three favorite Robins, Stephanie, Damian, and Tim, were the ones who came AFTER Jason. However, even though I do still like Jason more than Dick, I think Jason should have stayed dead. Bringing him back was a huge mistake.

I wish that they had kept Jason as a villain upon his return.

Still not sure he should have been brought back in the first place, but if it had to be done, Jason's far more interesting as the kill-happy Punisher of the DCU than he is as a regular hero who is welcome in the Batcave and happens to use guns instead of batarangs.

The idea of a failed Robin haunting Batman is pretty awesome, but they've just turned Jason into the same kind of hero as Guy Gardner; he's an asshole who punches harder than he needs to but is otherwise just like the rest of the heroic community.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Discipline = Freedom.

Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

Incredible Member

I'm on the team that thinks Dick shoulda stayed Robin, and just gotten a better costume in the Titans. The rest of the Robins shoulda got different bird names. Tons of good ones. Wren, Kestrel, Lark, Blue Jay, Cardinal, Loon...

…Hawk, Dove…
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Dicks original Robin costume is the best by far of the robin costumes. It actually looks kick-ass and has a cool Art Deco/Nior element to it. Nothing like going without pants over the rooftops to get the blood flowing.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Here are some I figured I'd mention:

Dan Jurgens Teen Titans is the best TT run ever.
    Bruce Wayne does not deserve respect from the Family.
    Aquaman is the best founding member of the Justice League.
    Stephanie Brown would be better off with Cassandra Cain than Tim Drake.
    Jessica Cruz is the best Earth green lantern.
    The Legion of Superheroes are DC's best team.
    The younger members of the JSA are better in pretty much every way than the majority of the old timers.
    Catman is the best villain in the DCU.
    David Cain is a better character in every way but skill than Slade.
    Clayface should remain a part of the Batfamily, and not return to being a villain.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I'm on the team that thinks Dick shoulda stayed Robin, and just gotten a better costume in the Titans. The rest of the Robins shoulda got different bird names. Tons of good ones. Wren, Kestrel, Lark, Blue Jay, Cardinal, Loon...
    This is the problem. Superheroes are modern mythology and will always be experienced as repeating cycles. Just because the audience gets old and wants the material to change doesn't mean it should. Because the new people want mythology about the most iconic elements.

Robin is most iconic as the kid sidekick. He doesn't get to age. The compromise was to separate his mortal self, Dick Grayson, and allow him to age and become something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    …Hawk, Dove…
    Lesser spotted booby

BANNED

My personal opinion about DC Comics is that Batman Legends of the Knight was and still is the best series of Batman.

Better short story arcs especially Shaman and a really good Mr Freeze story arc in the later issues

Quote Originally Posted by Lamashtar View Post
    This is the problem. Superheroes are modern mythology and will always be experienced as repeating cycles. Just because the audience gets old and wants the material to change doesn't mean it should. Because the new people want mythology about the most iconic elements.

Robin is most iconic as the kid sidekick. He doesn't get to age. The compromise was to separate his mortal self, Dick Grayson, and allow him to age and become something new.

I agree with this,and I think this is how.you have a Kon and Jon co.existing.
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Mutation is a bitch

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon is humans trying to recreate God(Superman)

-kon-el is the human Superman,made by humans,for humanity

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)