Aftershock Alters/Eleanor and the Egret/Rough Riders
DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/BoP/Blue Beetle/DoomPatrol/Flash/Gotham Academy/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mother Panic/New Super-Man/Nightwing/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity/Wild Storm
Image: Invincible, Monstress
Oni: Angel City
Valiant: Britannia/EW: Awakening/Faith/Immortal Brothers/Ninjak/Rapture/ X-O Manowar
Manga: Blue Exorcist/Devil's Line/My Hero Academia
The people who used to argue vehemently that Kyle should be the only Lantern and are now arguing just as vehemently that the emotional spectrum shouldn't be flushed need to learn some humility and be quiet.
When you team a character who has powers with one who has no powers, the character with powers has to be a dumb-ass so that the one with no powers has something to do. Therefore, stop teaming Superman with Batman and Green Lantern with Green Arrow. Instead, team Batman with Green Arrow and Superman with Green Lantern.
Last edited by SmokeMonster; 09-19-2015 at 08:06 AM.
- Batman is a dull character
- Lobdell's Superman was fun to read
- Tim Drake is better with Wonder Girl than any girl he's been with
- Tim Drake being the 'virginal' character is lame.
- Johns' TT made Kid Flash, Wonder Girl and Superboy a lot duller compared to their YJ versions
- Young Justice wasn't that great of a show
- The same can be said of JLU and BTAS. Both haven't aged well.
- Batman Beyond is better than BTAS
- TKJ is kind of lame imo. I mean I get why it's great but I don't feel it
- Wonder Woman's new origin is awesome
- Grayson is the best thing that has happened to Dick Grayson since the late 90's
- I don't care for the JSA and the Golden Age heroes. The only 4 characters that matter are Stargirl, Jesse Quick, Hawkman and Hawkgirl
- I can't get into LoSH
- Justice League should stick to 8-9 characters max. Teen Titans should stick to 7
- Raven and Beast Boy shouldn't in TT. Their time is done.
- Lois Lane would be a better character if she was away from Superman and was the big news writer of the DCverse
- Superman Wonder Woman is the best thing that happened to Superman in this century
- Clark and Cat Grant working together at the blog was the best idea for Superman in a very, very long time. Damn Johns.
- Finchs' WW isn't bad at all. It is interesting to read
- Lobdell's TT > the new TT. The one being written now.
- Olicity has ruined Arrow - I guess most people agree to that
- Killing off Tommy in Arrow was a major mistake
- Joker is a boring villain since he's been used too much.
- Wally West isn't a better Flash than Barry imo
- I like all the GL's and I wish Simon was used more.
- I don't don't like Harley Quinn, I just don't get her appeal. I have nothing against her though.
- I can't get into Simone's writing. Nothing against her, I just can't get into it.
- Batman needs a Silver St. Cloud, Julie Madison or a Vesper Fairchild to keep him interesting. I doubt Bruce and his ideals would let himself fall for Selina.
- Dick Grayson's best romantic connection imo in recent times was Huntress, Sonia Zucco, and Jesse Quick
Eh that's all I can think of.
The Justice League animated series was dull, cheesy, and too in love with itself for its reverence for the DC universe. Shining Knight and Vigilante are some of the lamest characters ever.
All the characters in Young Justice are insufferable. Their dialogue and their voice actors.
Under the Red Hood had some laughably terrible melodramatic dialogue and voice acting.
Justice League War is a ton of fun to watch.
Nightwing is a lame superhero moniker since it doesn't mean or evoke anything (to the public, who wouldn't know its Kryptonian origins). It just comes across as an attempt by the creators and the character to sound cool.
Grayson is a lame name for a great book. A last name....Wonderful.
Birds of Prey are lame, as are Simone's sensibilities.
Cyborg is cooler than Martian Manhunter.
Johns' GL run is overrated. Although it was entertaining with how much new stuff was introduced, the emotional spectrum is kinda cheesy and makes for some awkward storytelling. A handful of different colored corps on the page visually reminds me of Power Rangers or Captain Planet. For such a Hal fanboy, he didn't do much with the character.
Manu Bennet's Deathstroke was lame on Arrow. And John Diggle and Felicity Smoak are cheesy characters that hold the show back.
Superman The Movie has a terrible overall story despite its charming lead actor.
Ditto for Batman '89. Batman Forever is the most enjoyable movie of the Burton/Schumacher era.
Man of Steel's emotional tone and visual style felt more mature and passionate than what we've seen of Batman v Superman, which feels a tad generic and video-gamey.
The art direction of the Arkham games is ghastly.
Comic readers are way too passionate about hair color, specifically redheads, of which there are way too many of in comics.
Bizarro, Bat-Mite, Starfire, Section 8 all look and feel like they were made 15 years ago. DC needs to let go some of their older talent and replace them with younger creators with younger sensibilities.
Last edited by SmokeMonster; 09-19-2015 at 08:17 AM.
Comics fans are not too fickle. Just the opposite. They're too loyal. That's why the companies get away with feeding them so much cheese.
A good writer knows that every character doesn't need to be a star, and that supporting characters are important.
When a comics company kills a character with the intention of bringing him back, it's only because the company is too clueless to know what else to do, and the readers are too clueless to know how silly that is.
I think the real D C Universe is in Geoff Johns Justice League and every other comic is just telling an imaginary story featuring
characters in the Justice League and around the D C Universe
I believe Justice League #50 will have big game changers and the whole D C line will be rebooted to reflect those changes and
everything that happened in comics outside Justice League for the past year will be brushed under the rug and ignored.
Fanboys who keep shouting for characters to be made more and more powerful don't know what they're talking about.
I liked Man of Steel
Season 1 of Arrow was the only one that really worked for me, which makes me worried I won't like future seasons of the The Flash
Catwoman should have about as much to do with Batman as Constantine does with Swamp Thing.
I kinda like Constantine and Zatana as a couple.
I really hated the Paul Dini scripted Zatana series.
I wish people reacted to Selina being retconned as a mob princess with the venom that greeted Diana being retconned as the daughter of Zeus.
I don't like Paradise Island as a Utopia. I find the idea of separatist societies as perfect kind of appalling and if Azzarello feels similar I applaud him for changing it.
People who say Wonder Woman isn't hard to get right are deluding themselves, most evident in the number of interpretations they consider some how wrong.
Batman shouldn't be taken as a success way of addressing crime.
Williams and Blackman had squandered most of my good will over their Batwoman run.
I'm currently Re-Reading Stranger's in Paradise. Please join me.