Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174
Results 2,596 to 2,603 of 2603

June 19th, people! SO EXCITED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    So, the religious freedom bill in Indiana. It's an issue. It's definitely an issue. The thing is these people are aware they're discriminating. He says he doesn't want to make people feel uncomfortable, when in fact he makes me very uncomfortable with his discriminatory policy.
    Oh for f*ck... UGH!!!! Bigots, hateful, evil, nasty, bigots!!! They have no idea what the true message of God is!

Oh, and Sacha Baron Cohen will be directing (and starring as) a Freddie Mercury biopic. Borat as Freddie. This will be interesting. Hopefully, we'll see him in I Want to Break Free costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I'm actually really intrigued by Cohen as freddie. First of all the story subject is fasinating and not often talked about in terms of being a gay hero but also in terms of Cohen. He's actually a much better actor than people give him credit for. He studied at Cambridge
    Ohhhhh... I'm curious how this will turn out. When he was announced originally I liked the casting, but he left after the director and him didn't get along. BUT him taking over to get his way could be awesome (true art is often fort for) OR it could become rudderless/self-indulgent. This will definitely be on my radar.

I'm always in a good mood after I visit Wilton Manors (LGBT neighborhood in my city).

What's June 19th, Kieran?
    Team Martha Stewart
    Monica Lewinsky's Adviser
    Alias: Alvin Yakitori

"I've always wanted to see what the Spirit World is like. - Asami"
    "Sounds perfect." - Korra

"Silly little caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords." - O-Ren Ishii

So, the religious freedom bill in Indiana. It's an issue. It's definitely an issue. The thing is these people are aware they're discriminating. He says he doesn't want to make people feel uncomfortable, when in fact he makes me very uncomfortable with his discriminatory policy.

Oh, and Sacha Baron Cohen will be directing (and starring as) a Freddie Mercury biopic. Borat as Freddie. This will be interesting. Hopefully, we'll see him in I Want to Break Free costume.
    America confuses me.

If I lived there, I'd leave
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I'm actually really intrigued by Cohen as freddie. First of all the story subject is fasinating and not often talked about in terms of being a gay hero but also in terms of Cohen. He's actually a much better actor than people give him credit for. He studied at Cambridge
    He really does get into character. I've not seen him attempt one like this but if he was as devoted, he could probably become Freddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/mr-holmes-poster.jpg
    Ah I see, the link is broken or something. I wondered what you were so excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    America confuses me.

If I lived there, I'd leave
    Sometimes I think I'd like to and other times I think fuck the bigots, I'm not running. They can leave.

No place is perfect, it just depends on what issues one is looking at.
    The LGBTQIA community. CBR's hangout, discussion thread and safespace.
    Make it blue
    "Define 'normal' and make a good case for it", Bruce Wayne. GOTHAM

Original Join Date: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,576 and coutning

Senior Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    June 19th, people! SO EXCITED!!!!

Can't wait for Mr. Holmes! It's just a shame my friends would rather watch something like Jurassic World. :P
    Some links about me:
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Secondary Tumblr / Dailymotion
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    CBR's LGBT Community

Facebook really wants me to watch "Saturday Night at the Baths" on something called Fandor.

The LGBTQIA community. CBR's hangout, discussion thread and safespace.
    Make it blue
    "Define 'normal' and make a good case for it", Bruce Wayne. GOTHAM

Original Join Date: Oct 2005 Posts: 1,576 and coutning

Senior Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Though the Sexual Offences Act 1967 decriminalised homosexuality, hundreds of thousands of men are still living with convinctions for "gross indecency" from entrapment by undercover police officers as late as the 1980s. Though Turing is the more popular name, I disagree with the concept of posthumous pardons, because it doesn't change the life of the convicted, merely relaxes people. But the fact is no-one should have a criminal record for false accusations and what is today not a crime. I wonder, how many gay people who had sex at 16/17 are still living with convictions? For my money, that slate should be wiped clean.
    Some links about me:
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Secondary Tumblr / Dailymotion
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    CBR's LGBT Community

Though the Sexual Offences Act 1967 decriminalised homosexuality, hundreds of thousands of men are still living with convinctions for "gross indecency" from entrapment by undercover police officers as late as the 1980s. Though Turing is the more popular name, I disagree with the concept of posthumous pardons, because it doesn't change the life of the convicted, merely relaxes people. But the fact is no-one should have a criminal record for false accusations and what is today not a crime. I wonder, how many gay people who had sex at 16/17 are still living with convictions? For my money, that slate should be wiped clean.
    Did you know that even though it isn't criminal any more, the disclosure and barring service in the UK, which grants a 'certificate' to allow you to work with children, vulnerable people and sensitive information relating to children and or vulnerable people (ie teaching, social work etc.) will still disclose acts committed under the various acts that made gay sex illegal.

So it's possible that someone convicted could be barred from working in those professions, or at the least have to embarrassingly disclose them before they could work
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God