Page 367 of 388 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 5809
    Veteran Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Evans was at his hottest in the Fantastic Four movie, no pun intended. He is now too bulked up and clean. I like him more athletic and furry.
    Yeah, I prefer hairy men. I think he was hottest in the second Fantastic Four movie. I would love to see Evans with a beard and his naturally hairy chest but with his Captain America physique.

I would have liked to see a hairier captain America but he's still super sexy no matter what.

Even with a banana up his ass in "not another teen movie"

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Ditto. I don't like anyone describing me with that word. If they want to use it for themselves, meh. Still not happy, but it's their life, their word, etc. Just not for me. Ever.

So, SO happy. For the last three years I've got to spend more than 6 months every year being paid to do what I love. All those years of "profit share" and "work for free" has paid off. Very, very smiley happy for myself right now (sorry to be "that guy" and brag)

So happy he met Chris Pratt... but is it just me, but I don't find him attractive? Maybe I just found Star-lord so unlikeable as a character, and that put me off? I'm more a Loki boi
    Haha yes it's just you lol. Chris is gorgeous.

I actually never felt anything for Loki (in terms of him being sexy). I feel for him and I think Tom is charming but not hot. People are suggesting him as Bond and I'm like...really?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I would have liked to see a hairier captain America but he's still super sexy no matter what.

Even with a banana up his ass in "not another teen movie"
    Yes... to all of this.

Veteran Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Speaking of hot, am I the only one who's attracted to the Ezra Miller (guy playing the Flash in the DC movies)? That jawline.
    WHO ISN'T ATTRACTED TO EZRA MILLER.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I know I am very late to this discussion, but can we NOT ban the use of the word queer?
    I proudly identify as queer, and many of my friends do. It feels like we are being shamed to not do so.
    I find it very easy shorthand. I've thrown around a lot of labels over the years. Bisexual. Gay. Androsexual. Right now I'm thinking I may be panromantic and asexual. I spoke to some friends about this recently and their immediate acceptance and how comfortable they were with that was very affirming. Specific labels can definitely be useful and it varies from person to person, but an easy umbrella term helps too.

At least we have captain jack
    Captain Jack is pansexual (and maybe poly? it's been a while since I watched the show)

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Hope everyone had a good weekend; here was mine:
    *envy*

Nah, I (cynically) think Hollywood doesn't want to promote homosexuals, period; and the most "comfortable" ones are the safe gays
    Having read some articles on it (see, my degree assigns readings about Netflix, it's great), my general conclusion is Hollywood not "wanting to promote homosexuals" isn't something they're intentionally trying to avoid, but it's down to the fact that the industry is still dominated by cis white straight men. So when they're writing screenplays and doing casting, it immediately gravitates towards "let's make the protagonist a cis white straight man!" Then when their friends or offspring are cis white straight men and gets connections and enter the industry that way, whilst the industry finds ways to dissuade queer people from ever getting prominent roles, thus you have an endless cycle of cis white straight men that can only be weathered down over time.

I've been reading up on Bleeding Cool's SDCC coverage (Legion looks awesome based on the trailer!) and I definitely recommend reading their summary of the LGBTQ panel.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/...ego-comic-con/

In other news I was at Trans Pride in Brighton last weekend! Was exhausting but it was an amazing time and I was with some cool people. Only problem was half of the people I was sharing a room with were immensely hot and it gets down to "ugh she's taken whhhhyyyy they're a cute couple but whhhhyyyy". I bought an amazing t-shirt which 1) is purple and 2) reads "in space no one can hear you insist there are only two genders". I'd show it to you peeps but that would involve actually making an effort and actually putting clothes on. One of the panellists at Pride talked about her podcast None of Us is Yet a Robot and I can definitely recommend it if you want to learn about the trans experience and plus the opening theme music is soooooo good. Brighton is now one of my favourite places (ended up spending too much money in the Lanes because there's a lot of cool comic shops, book shops, clothes shops and vegan restaurants around there) and basically I kind of want to live there. I shot some footage there so I'll have a video up at *some point*, but editing takes a looooot of time and I've been really busy (I may well have moved house).

However I did put up a video talking about Orlando one month on last week. (I'm not just begging for views I promise)

(also if anyone loves the combination of lesbians, cannibalism, synth and the fashion industry, I highly recommend Nicholas Wending Refn's The Neon Demon)
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    It sure enough wasn't "straight acting" Log Cabin Republicans who threw the first stones at Stonewall.
    Can we please not be partisan on this thread. LGBT(Q) issues are more important than on what side of the aisle you're sitting.

My 2 cents on some recent topics...

01. I would never want someone to describe me as queer. However, that is just my personal preference. If other people are comfortable being "labeled" as queer or identify as queer, that is completely their choice & no one should tell them they cannot.

02. I find Chris Pratt attractive no matter his body size. I would take Parks & Rec Pratt as well as Star-Lord/Jurassic World Pratt.

We have Paddy for that

I actually never felt anything for Loki (in terms of him being sexy). I feel for him and I think Tom is charming but not hot. People are suggesting him as Bond and I'm like...really?
    I suppose yes, I find Chris Hemsworth HOTTER, but I it's Hiddleston's charm which makes my affection (emotional as well as penal) stand out more.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Having read some articles on it (see, my degree assigns readings about Netflix, it's great), my general conclusion is Hollywood not "wanting to promote homosexuals" isn't something they're intentionally trying to avoid, but it's down to the fact that the industry is still dominated by cis white straight men. So when they're writing screenplays and doing casting, it immediately gravitates towards "let's make the protagonist a cis white straight man!" Then when their friends or offspring are cis white straight men and gets connections and enter the industry that way, whilst the industry finds ways to dissuade queer people from ever getting prominent roles, thus you have an endless cycle of cis white straight men that can only be weathered down over time.
    Very fair point. Our exclusion from a great many things (ORIGINALLY) is certainly grounded much more in "it never occurred" than "we left them out intentionally". BUT... down the line, "it never occurred" cannot be used by the big franchise who are aware of the problem (Star Wars, MCU, Harry Potter, until very recently Star Trek). It HAS occured to them, but they care more about making sure a gay male doesn't offend, than caring about offending how a gay male is portrayed to gay men.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Can we please not be partisan on this thread. LGBT(Q) issues are more important than on what side of the aisle you're sitting.
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH! This thread is here for LGBT people, ALL LGBT people; and we won't shun or discourage or make anyone feel unwelcome based on gender or race or sexuality or religion or nationality AND NOT based on very normative political affiliations. The only people who should be worried is the haterz. Because I feel a great swell of pity for the poor soul who comes to this thread... looking for trouble.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

It's got Ellen Page in it so it counts, shut-up! Truthfully I am so excited for this purely for Alison Janney. I adore her; and have wanted her to have a shot at an Oscar for years (robbed of a nom. for the Help). This could be her year! Also YEY Ellen Page could get another nom! She'd be one of the only open lesbians to be nominated for a Best Actress prize.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Alex and Paddy. Mmm. I think I'll... review... their scene tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Alex and Paddy. Mmm. I think I'll... review... their scene tonight.
    I heard that that God-awful wig on paddy's head ruins it.

The lack of even cheap duct tape around his bionic arm? Inexcusable. Good thing Paddy's gorgeous...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The lack of even cheap duct tape around his bionic arm? Inexcusable. Good thing Paddy's gorgeous...
    Yeah, but these Men.com parodies have been so lackluster. I watched the first scene with Alex and Jay Roberts and it was just as repetitive and boring as their X-Men parody.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Yeah, but these Men.com parodies have been so lackluster. I watched the first scene with Alex and Jay Roberts and it was just as repetitive and boring as their X-Men parody.
    Straight guy poking his head in to say you are asking a bit much of what this is.

The guys from Hi-5. Are they or they're not?

Stevie Nicholson
    Ainsley Melham

Just wondering...
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 07-28-2016 at 06:11 PM.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl ongoing solo and Scarlet Witch ongoing solo

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Storm is the leader of the X-men: Extraordinary X-men ongoing by Jeff Lemire