Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229
Results 3,421 to 3,427 of 3427

Obama, Obama he's our man, if he can't do it no-one can!!!!

Obama Speaks Out For LGBT Rights In Kenya
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0224d88327486

President Barack Obama spoke out forcefully in favor of LGBT rights during a press conference with Kenyan president Uhuru Kenyatta in Nairobi on Saturday, saying that the idea that a "law-abiding citizen" could be treated differently under the law was simply wrong. Some African leaders had warned Obama not to raise the issue of LGBT rights on the trip. Being gay is illegal in Kenya. Asked about the status of LGBT Kenyans on Saturday, Obama did not hesitate to speak out in favor of equality.

"I believe in the principle of treating people equally under the law, and that they are deserving of equal protection under the law and that the state should not discriminate against people based on their sexual orientation," Obama said. "I'm unequivocal on this," he continued. "If somebody is a law-abiding citizen who is going about their business and working in a job and obeying the traffic signs and doing all the other things that all citizens are supposed to do, and not harming anybody, the idea that they are gonna be treated differently or abused because of who they love is wrong, full stop."

[MORE IN LINK]

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    you pointed out Alan Cumming, and Sarah Poulson.. but yeah, there are other members of the community represented in the "big" noms:

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series
    House Of Cards Netflix Donen/Fincher/Roth and Trigger Street Productions, Inc. in association with Media Rights Capital for Netflix
    Kevin Spacey as Francis Underwood

He's never officially come out, but an open secret in Hollywood, so he counts.

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series
    Grace And Frankie Netflix Skydance Productions for Netflix
    Lily Tomlin as Frankie

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Limited Series Or A Movie
    Bessie HBO HBO Films in association with Flavor Unit Entertainment and the Zanuck Company
    Queen Latifah as Bessie Smith (another pretty big "open secret" even if she's denied it in the past (but heck, Liberace sued (and won!) when someone called him Homosexual)).
    I did forget Lily Tomlin (whoops, cos I love her!) thank-you for correcting me, but I am not "counting" closeted actors like Kevin Spacey or Queen Latifah. That is not progress, that is not worth celebrating. The entire issue of Hollywood encouraging actors to stay in the closet is shameful; and NO, we do not count closeted cowards when praising LGBT nominated actors.

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    as to RPDR. . i don't believe they are Eligible in the Reality Series category. . as a lot of it IS scripted, and Ru makes up the rules as she goes along. They should apply in the Comedy category and see what happens! (or Nominate Ru for best host ).
    Ohhhhhhh, that's interesting but frustrating too.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Olivier. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Turing. We are Leonardo, Lincoln, Lorca. We are Alexander the Great. Controversially we are Malcolm X. And yes, we are Woolf."

Obama is so cool. I wish we had a great leader like that. I know he's not perfect but he's trying which is better than what we have.

Anyway just got back from the LGBT comic book meet. We discussed the wicked and the divine. It was so much fun and there was a breathtakingly handsome guy there. I wanted to talk to him but the next table over was so loud! We couldn't hear each other! I still had a blast though. Next up, the gaymers meet up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I did forget Lily Tomlin (whoops, cos I love her!) thank-you for correcting me, but I am not "counting" closeted actors like Kevin Spacey or Queen Latifah. That is not progress, that is not worth celebrating. The entire issue of Hollywood encouraging actors to stay in the closet is shameful; and NO, we do not count closeted cowards when praising LGBT nominated actors.
    understood.. but please do give Kate McKinnon props.

she's been out since she started, and is the only Openly Gay cast member of SNL (and only the 1st openly gay woman, if I'm not mistaken.. . Terry Sweeny was the first openly gay male, but he only lasted one season). . . .McKinnon is considered a breakout star on the show
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

McKinnon is a beast out there, I remember her character from 'The Big Gay Sketch Show', Fitzwilliam

kind of want him to pop up on SNL but that may be a bit much to hope for

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Great article. Not sure on some of the commenters though...
    Oh, I should have warned against reading the comments.

Happy Birthday to America's favorite drag queen- Bugs Bunny

11800093_10153377686979471_1780366658586657134_n.jpg

7ca2435e660ee123a409f8ffc25213c5.jpg

Yes, I know he isn't gay...actually do I?
    11693983_10205925776257852_6045227316649205298_n.jpg
    The LGBTQIA community. CBR's hangout, discussion thread and safespace.
    Make it blue
    "Define 'normal' and make a good case for it", Bruce Wayne. GOTHAM

Facebook

"Monsters are some of the most interesting people (Bobby pins,please)."

Seriously though how cute is that pic with the red monster. So d'aww