Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222
Results 3,316 to 3,322 of 3322

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Forgot to come by and congratulate everyone on the the SC ruling! Anyone gotten married between Friday and now?
    No; but (to self congratulate) me and my fiancée have picked a date; we're going to get married New Years 2016. SQUEAL!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Olivier. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Turing. We are Leonardo, Lincoln, Lorca. We are Alexander the Great. Controversially we are Malcolm X. And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    No; but (to self congratulate) me and my fiancée have picked a date; we're going to get married New Years 2016. SQUEAL!
    EEEE!!! That's so exciting! Congratulations to you both!!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Teen Titans, Grayson, Rocket Raccoon, Sensation Comics, The Fade-Out, God Hates Astronauts, Copperhead, Spider-Woman, Gotham Academy, Batgirl, Red Sonja, Thor, Catwoman, Tooth & Claw, Bitch Planet, Wytches, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Star Wars, Howard The Duck, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie vs. Predator, Beyond Belief, Kaptara, Secret Wars, Swords of Sorrow, Groot, Airboy, Mythic, Bizarro

congraaaaaaat!! Sounds to me like a good day to get married
    I'm blogging reviews again [Comics I Like] : http://comicsilike.blogspot.com/

I've done an X Fan Fic [Agency-X] : http://agencyxfanfic.blogspot.com/

Veteran Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Sorry for not responding, I've been in the US for a week and found it hard to find time for the internet.

And I've come at exactly the right time! Two days into the holiday, the US legalises marriage nationwide. There were a handful of pride flags in Boston. Then when I arrived in NYC on the 28th, even from the station I saw plenty of people with pride flags. Apparently it was the day of the pride parade, but I only saw a rainbow arch right next to a men's underwear store. :P It felt so open and welcoming anyway, with #lovewins written on chalkboards outside restaurants and similar. I took a bunch of photos which I'll need to upload at some point. It genuinely thrilled me - not even in the UK have I seen so much positive affirmation. The battle's not over yet - people still have the closet to fear, yet it's becoming easier. I have a string of Facebook friends with rainbow profiles, it's great.

No-one in the US seems interested in my Grindr though. Thanks US. :P

My last day in NYC was spent with my NJ friend; ended up entering the Hedwig and the Angry Inch lottery and won it! Lost Fun Home though, but I did buy Alison Bechdel's other book (Are You My Mother or something like that) from Barnes and Noble. So yeah, I saw Darren Criss live on stage, and it was glorious. As was the play; I'll need to check out the film version at some point too. Amongst all the comedy and amazing songs and, uh dry humping the audience, there's a wonderful message of the facets of sexual identity and gender identity and finding 'the one' that has formed the part of mythology, if 'the one' even exists. Rebecca Naomi Jones is a wonderful singer too, even though she doesn't get many lines.

And of course there were some not so subtle references to John Cameron Mitchell, Turn Off the Dark, Chris Colfer and so on... Definitely worth seeing it performed live and Taye Diggs will be taking up the role later this month. Glad I didn't bring my parents either, because, uh, my mum thinks the whole of the musical world is Chicago style glitz. Oops. I'm not entirely comfortable with Glee b/c *ex memories* (still undecided on whether I should check out Struck by Lightning), but hey, Darren Criss is hot. I was one of the hundred odd people waiting outside stage door for ninety minutes to see Darren and in the end I had to give up because, y'know, I'd been out for 15 hours at that point, my friend needed to get his late bus back to NJ and if I'd stayed any longer my parents would have had issues, but hey, if I hadn't them there I'd have happily stayed until 12 or 1am. :P It felt like a whole community there with plenty of LGBT people there too - me and my NJ friend for a start, but also the girl I talked to briefly who was there for her girlfriend's 21st, or the lesbian couple I saw kissing whilst waiting for the lottery results for the tickets.

Although one negative aspect of the US is there's less control over adverts. Mum settled on watching The Weather Channel (???) and there was a hastily put together commercial, stock images included, basically saying "the Supreme Court passed gay marriage, we don't like that, we're Christian, phone us up and sign our petition", the voiceover ending with a man and his wife hugging on the beach. Ah, heterosexuality, where you can get married on the beach. TLDR; don't watch obscure documentary channels in the US

EDIT: Oh and the Playbill is LGBT themed, complete with interviews with George Takei etc.

Aaannnddd Levi's seem to be doing rainbow shirts but they're probably expensive

Aannnddd my local pride is in less than a month (gonna be shit but hey, at least it's something)
    Last edited by America / Bucky / Russia; Today at 08:44 PM.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Veteran Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

AWWWW! Love the new avatar by the way.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

You should watch Struck by Lightning... it's a quaint lil movie with that characteristic slow indie feel... (i watched it mostly out of jealously that someone near my age has already written and made his own movie and hear I am just trying to be writer.... and not quit getting there)
    I'm blogging reviews again [Comics I Like] : http://comicsilike.blogspot.com/

I've done an X Fan Fic [Agency-X] : http://agencyxfanfic.blogspot.com/

Out w/the old in w/the.. NewMutant's Avatar

You guys... MIDNIGHTER. Please read it. The art was meh this week but the writing is so strong; such great pacing, power usage, character study... it has it all. It's got it all! Apollo appeared this week too. I'm all in.
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/