Page 381 of 450 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 6741

“Christianity is the only religion in the world where you can’t earn right standing with God. You can’t earn Heaven. You can’t earn your afterlife, you can’t earn your good karma, or whatever other religions think. It’s the only religion you can’t earn it. Because Jesus already earned it.” (Carson Wentz, SuperBowl Champion/Philadelphia Eagles QB)

as i have a catholic background, i wonder what versions of the bible all these free churches use.
    how do they pick their gospels?
    what is the top ten of christian communities by members?
    Last edited by abulafia; 02-11-2018 at 08:31 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Today's devotion:

REPENT AND BELIEVE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/09/
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Russell Dauterman, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing, you may have life in His name.--John 20:31

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Some of it clearly is talking about the past (Satan's fall, etc.) but most of it is referring to the future when Christ returns.

BTW, if anyone wants to know, I believe in the Pre-Tribulation.
    Do you think there will be those who will be fortunate to not have to deal with the mark of the beast system?

Quote Originally Posted by KnockBlock View Post
    Do you think there will be those who will be fortunate to not have to deal with the mark of the beast system?
    Yes. That is essentially the belief of Pre-Tribulation Christians.
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Russell Dauterman, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing, you may have life in His name.--John 20:31

Today's devotion:

NEW LIFE IN CHRIST
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/10/

Today's devotion:

JESUS THE EVANGELIST
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/11/

Spectacular Member

Yes. That is essentially the belief of Pre-Tribulation Christians.
    From my understanding, the Anti-Christ kingdom comes when war has broken out and devastated the nations. Also, the so-called aliens make themselves known.

Quote Originally Posted by KnockBlock View Post
    From my understanding, the Anti-Christ kingdom comes when war has broken out and devastated the nations. Also, the so-called aliens make themselves known.
    I'm not sure what you mean by so-called aliens. But the Anti-Christ comes right before the start of the tribulation.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I'm not sure what you mean by so-called aliens. But the Anti-Christ comes right before the start of the tribulation.
    Interesting subject. Antichrist means against or instead of Christ. The term applies to all who deny what the Bible says about Jesus Christ, all who oppose his Kingdom, and all who mistreat his followers. It also includes individuals, organizations, and nations that falsely claim to represent Christ or that improperly ascribe to themselves the role of Messiah.

Does the Bible refer to only one antichrist?

1 John 2:18: “Young children, it is the last hour, and, just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour.”
    2 John 7: “Many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.” (Notice that the “many antichrists” of 1 John 2:18 are here referred to collectively as “the antichrist.”)

Is the coming of the antichrist reserved for some future time?

1 John 4:3: “Every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s inspired expression which you have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.” (That was written near the end of the first century C.E.)

1 John 2:18: “Even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour.” (By “last hour” John evidently meant the end of the apostolic period. The other apostles had died, and John himself was very old.)
    Some of those identified as antichrist—

Persons who deny that Jesus is truly the Messiah

1 John 2:22: “Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ [or, Messiah, anointed one]? This is the antichrist.”

All who deny that Jesus is the unique Son of God

1 John 2:22: “This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.”

Compare John 10:36; Luke 9:35.

Apostates

1 John 2:18, 19: “There have come to be many antichrists . . . They went out from us, but they were not of our sort.”

Those who oppose Christ’s true followers

John 15:20, 21: “If they have persecuted me, they will persecute you also . . . But they will do all these things against you on account of my name.”

Individuals and nations that oppose Christ as King or that themselves falsely claim the Messianic role

Ps. 2:2: “The kings of earth take their stand and high officials themselves have massed together as one against Jehovah and against his anointed one [Christ, or Messiah].”

See also Revelation 17:3, 12-14; 19:11-21.

Matt. 24:24: “False Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.”

As for the Great Tribulation that Jesus spoke of in (Mathew 24:21, 29-31), it can happen at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    Interesting subject. Antichrist means against or instead of Christ. The term applies to all who deny what the Bible says about Jesus Christ, all who oppose his Kingdom, and all who mistreat his followers. It also includes individuals, organizations, and nations that falsely claim to represent Christ or that improperly ascribe to themselves the role of Messiah.

Does the Bible refer to only one antichrist?

1 John 2:18: “Young children, it is the last hour, and, just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour.”
    2 John 7: “Many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.” (Notice that the “many antichrists” of 1 John 2:18 are here referred to collectively as “the antichrist.”)

Is the coming of the antichrist reserved for some future time?

1 John 4:3: “Every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s inspired expression which you have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.” (That was written near the end of the first century C.E.)

1 John 2:18: “Even now there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour.” (By “last hour” John evidently meant the end of the apostolic period. The other apostles had died, and John himself was very old.)
    Some of those identified as antichrist—

Persons who deny that Jesus is truly the Messiah

1 John 2:22: “Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ [or, Messiah, anointed one]? This is the antichrist.”

All who deny that Jesus is the unique Son of God

1 John 2:22: “This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.”

Compare John 10:36; Luke 9:35.

Apostates

1 John 2:18, 19: “There have come to be many antichrists . . . They went out from us, but they were not of our sort.”

Those who oppose Christ’s true followers

John 15:20, 21: “If they have persecuted me, they will persecute you also . . . But they will do all these things against you on account of my name.”

Individuals and nations that oppose Christ as King or that themselves falsely claim the Messianic role

Ps. 2:2: “The kings of earth take their stand and high officials themselves have massed together as one against Jehovah and against his anointed one [Christ, or Messiah].”

See also Revelation 17:3, 12-14; 19:11-21.

Matt. 24:24: “False Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.”

As for the Great Tribulation that Jesus spoke of in (Mathew 24:21, 29-31), it can happen at any time.
    *groan* So happy to hear a regurgitation of the amillennial interpretation from Charles Taze Russell. Convenient how your copy/paste from the Watchtower leaves out Daniel 9:27 that confirms the "anti-christ" to be a man. Jesus himself points to this verse in Matthew 24:15. Paul also refers to the Man of Lawlessness in II Thessalonians 2:1-12 where he is depicted as a man. And he's even described in Zechariah 11:17

“Woe to the worthless shepherd,
    who deserts the flock!
    May the sword strike his arm and his right eye!
    May his arm be completely withered,
    his right eye totally blinded!”

This description lines up with the Beast from the Sea in Revelation 13:3 and 13:14 which even further points to this Beast as a specific man and not some ubitiquous one world system. So yeah, I'd be very interested to see your Watchtower copy/paste that explains how those verses aren't speaking of the anti-christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    “Christianity is the only religion in the world where you can’t earn right standing with God. You can’t earn Heaven. You can’t earn your afterlife, you can’t earn your good karma, or whatever other religions think. It’s the only religion you can’t earn it. Because Jesus already earned it.” (Carson Wentz, SuperBowl Champion/Philadelphia Eagles QB)
    Maybe mister Wentz should stick to football. Cause what a silly thing say really.
    "Help us George Lucas, you're our only hope"

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Maybe mister Wentz should stick to football. Cause what a silly thing say really.
    Not sure why you say that. Wentz is talking about justification by faith. This is the pervasive protestant understanding of salvation. Every other religion including Judiasm teaches salvation by works. So his statement is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    What he said is FACT. Christianity is the ONLY religion in the world where you don't have to work for your salvation. We (those who are Christians) are saved by our faith, and not by our works, but by the grace of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    Not sure why you say that. Wentz is talking about justification by faith. This is the pervasive protestant understanding of salvation. Every other religion including Judiasm teaches salvation by works. So his statement is spot on.
    Yep

Today's devotion:

AN EVANGELIST’S HEART: HUMILITY
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/12/