Page 418 of 418 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418
Results 6,256 to 6,260 of 6260
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    David, are you saying that hell is not eternal?
    I don't believe hell is eternal, no.

I think hell is a 'purifying fire with an exit.'

But still a terrible condition to be avoided at all costs.
    Last edited by David Walton; Yesterday at 02:43 PM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm fairly certain he means your response to the pope. Whose authority is supported by scripture as his branch of Christianity interprets it.
    Actually, I did mean his response to you personally.

Specifically, the implication that you didn't know what you were talking about.

I believe we can have honest intellectual discussions about the scriptures without assuming ignorance on the part those with whom we disagree.
    Last edited by David Walton; Yesterday at 02:32 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm fairly certain he means your response to the pope. Whose authority is supported by scripture as his branch of Christianity interprets it.
    His authority is not supported by scripture. They believe people who are not saved go to a place called "purgatory" where family and friends can pray for their souls and if they pray enough, their souls will be allowed to go to Heaven. NOWHERE in the bible is there any place called purgatory, nor does scripture support this teaching.
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Russell Dauterman, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I don't believe hell is eternal, no.

I think hell is a 'purifying fire with an exit.'

But still a terrible condition to be avoided at all costs.
    Where do you believe the souls of those who are not saved and go to hell go to if hell is not eternal?
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Russell Dauterman, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

So has Hell only been there for a few thousand years?
    How was anyone saved before there was a Jesus to accept as their savior?
    Or condemn for not accepting someone not yet born?
    And when only a small handful of people on Earth in a very small geographic area, even heard of the God of Abraham, how were those people judged when they died?
    And what about the vast majority of the world population that did not even hear about Jesus for centuries or millennium after he was here.
    Does every person who does not accept Jesus go to Hell?
    Last edited by Kirby101; Today at 02:55 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!