Page 1 of 346 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Default Are you reading the bible? And if so.....

What book of the bible are you reading? I like to read chapters from one book of the Old Testament and New Testament at the same time. I'm currently reading Habakkuk and Hebrews.
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

I've been wanting to read the one where Jesus talks about gay people and abortion, but I just can't find it anywhere.

Incredible Member Iron_Legion87's Avatar

Nice to meet a fellow Christian poster. Yes, I been reading the bible. Currently, I been on a reading plan to read the New Testament in 30 days. The You version bible app is great for stuff like this.

Fantastic Member

I haven't in many years. I was raised on it though, and have read probably more times that most front to back. I remember Song of Solomon being some great poetry, which was a bit more interesting as a younger person. As I got older I could even see the romantic poetry turn into erotica a bit. Mild yes, but the insinuations were certainly there, I just had to have the mindset.

Job was pretty interesting, but I don't see the conclusions of use it in the context of what most use it for as a debate on god's plan and/or love for humanity. I actually see it quite the opposite.

Revelations was of course a neat book to read young because of the all the monsters and symbolic things. When I had to read the bible daily I spent a lot of time reading revelations, even though I didn't understand all the symbolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I've been wanting to read the one where Jesus talks about gay people and abortion, but I just can't find it anywhere.
    As a Christian I will respectfully respond. Christians ( at least the ones are genuine and aren't hate filled people) don't spew hate or violence towards gay people or condem women who choose abortion. We love the person and not the sin. Loving someone does not mean you have to accept everything that they do by the way. Also, not to be offensive, but God and Jesus are one and the same and God did speak on homosexuality ( it's not something he intended). However, that does not mean he does not love gay people and it does not mean Christians should spew hate and violence towards them. Also, God created human life and it should be treated as a blessing. So Christians don't support abortion either ( unless it's a case of rape). But it's no ones place but God's to condem or judge anyone.

Also Dark Knight do you post on Superhero Hype as well? You seem familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    As a Christian I will respectfully respond. Christians ( at least the ones are genuine and aren't hate filled people) don't spew hate or violence towards gay people or condem women who choose abortion. We love the person and not the sin. Loving someone does not mean you have to accept everything that they do by the way. Also, not to be offensive, but God and Jesus are one and the same and God did speak on homosexuality ( it's not something he intended). However, that does not mean he does not love gay people and it does not mean Christians should spew hate and violence towards them. Also, God created human life and it should be treated as a blessing. So Christians don't support abortion either ( unless it's a case of rape). But it's no ones place but God's to condem or judge anyone.
    Well said Iron Legion
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Also Dark Knight do you post on Superhero Hype as well? You seem familiar.
    No, I don't. I used to post on another message board but stopped. The only other message board I post on is for binding comics

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Well, I know you're being facetious but Jesus did talk about these issues in the old testament in Leviticus 18:22 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination" as well as the new testament in Matthew 19:4-5 "“Haven’t you read,” Jesus replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

And his apostles spoke on homosexuality in the new testament, for example--Romans 1:26-27 "God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion".

Jesus did not speak specifically about abortion, but did have this to say about harming children in Luke 17:2 "If you harm one of these little ones, better for you that a millstone be draped around your neck and you be dropped into the depths of the sea”.

There are more examples like these, but I think these suffice.

Nice to meet a fellow Christian poster. Yes, I been reading the bible. Currently, I been on a reading plan to read the New Testament in 30 days. The You version bible app is great for stuff like this.
    Cool, thanks for the info. And it is nice to meet other Christian posters

Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar

EDIT:

Wrong thread.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    No, I don't. I used to post on another message board but stopped. The only other message board I post on is for binding comics
    Alright I see. I ocassionally post on Super Hero Hype and there is a guy there I am friends with who's user name is Dark Knight and is also a Christian. But super hero hype is super intolerant to religious people and it's hard to even post there about comics without feeling alienated.

Alright I see. I ocassionally post on Super Hero Hype and there is a guy there I am friends with who's user name is Dark Knight and is also a Christian. But super hero hype is super intolerant to religious people and it's hard to even post there about comics without feeling alienated.
    That's a shame. Our religion shouldn't have any bearing on whether or not we can discuss comics.

I'm also on the old testament.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

Yes, Iagree with you here. Its pretty good.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.