Page 263 of 339 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 5076

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    That is beautiful art. I really like it
    Me too. Its from a German Monastery, circa 1500s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isenheim_Altarpiece
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

you really got to love the old monastery, cathedral art works. its a shame churches dont do that anymore.

our service was real nice, we had a short play before pastor gave a short sermon. wonderful altar call. then back home for a big dinner with the family. and candy. because come on candy

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Sounds like everyone had a really nice Easter.

Today's devotional:

DO NOT GIVE UP
    http://www.todayintheword.org/titw_devotion.aspx
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Hi, I usually post in the X-Book thread but I just found this one and it's got me excited. I'm currently studying the Book of Revelation using Chuck Missler's 24 part commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naW0...CJCY8PGXhlx3wH

I'm a member of the Church of Christ so as body we don't talk much about Revelation or eschatology in general and if we do it's typically from an amillenial view. So this commentary is really a breath of fresh air and I'm learning so much. Studying Revelation is taking me through the Old Testament and has forced me to look at many of the books such as Joshua, Ruth and Daniel in completely new ways. I'm hoping that once I finish this study I can present it to our church as I'm feeling called to teach this book to other Christians who have never really understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    Hi, I usually post in the X-Book thread but I just found this one and it's got me excited. I'm currently studying the Book of Revelation using Chuck Missler's 24 part commentary.

I'm a member of the Church of Christ so as body we don't talk much about Revelation or eschatology in general and if we do it's typically from an amillenial view. So this commentary is really a breath of fresh air and I'm learning so much. Studying Revelation is taking me through the Old Testament and has forced me to look at many of the books such as Joshua, Ruth and Daniel in completely new ways. I'm hoping that once I finish this study I can present it to our church as I'm feeling called to teach this book to other Christians who have never really understood it.
    Awesome! Glad to hear you are really delving into the book of Revelation. I hope you continue to comment on what you read and your thoughts on it. It's always nice hearing from another person's view on the books of the bible.
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Today's devotional:

REJOICE WITH THOSE WHO REJOICE

Today's devotional:

WEEP WITH THOSE WHO WEEP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post

Adrian Rogers was my teacher, he passed some time ago. Wonderful man and the last of the Great Southern Baptist preachers IMO. He did a series on Revelations, you might try to find it because its worth the listen. One of the sermons in the series is actually on a chapter in the Book of Daniel with an amazing conclusion. He also did a series on the entire book of Genesis. His ministry was and is still called Love Worth Finding. Once I get to heaven I want to meet Christ and then Adrian. He made my walk with Christ not just deeper, he showed me how to make it real.

Today's devotional:

BEAR ONE ANOTHER’S BURDENS

Four people were baptized (full immersion) in my church today. It's always awesome to see someone get baptized. My Aunt has been coming to church with our family lately and said she wanted to get baptized, so she'll probably get baptized in a few months. God is good!

Today's devotional:

INTERCEDING FOR HEALING

Today's devotional:

INTERCEDING FOR REVIVAL

I've been meaning to ask everyone, does your church sponsor missionaries? It doesn't have to be world wide, it could be local outreach as well.

The reason I ask is because my church sponsor's quite a lot of missionaries and I have e-mailed them and have asked them if they need any prayer requests. Some reply back with a monthly newsletter that goes out to everyone on their mailing list and some reply back simply by asking for prayers for certain needs that they currently have.

I have come to realize just how important it is to pray for these brothers and sisters in Christ. Some of them are in countries where they cannot get caught with a bible, get together for prayer or have services without being thrown in jail. Others are not quite in such dire countries, but are still in great need of prayer because of the outreach they do with the local community and how what they do often brings the locals to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

My prayer today is that if you are not doing so, please pray for these missionaries throughout the world today and every day from now on. They are a part of the body of Christ that we all belong to and need our spiritual gift of prayer and blessings from our Father in Heaven.

May God bless you all!

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I've been meaning to ask everyone, does your church sponsor missionaries? It doesn't have to be world wide, it could be local outreach as well.

The reason I ask is because my church sponsor's quite a lot of missionaries and I have e-mailed them and have asked them if they need any prayer requests. Some reply back with a monthly newsletter that goes out to everyone on their mailing list and some reply back simply by asking for prayers for certain needs that they currently have.

I have come to realize just how important it is to pray for these brothers and sisters in Christ. Some of them are in countries where they cannot get caught with a bible, get together for prayer or have services without being thrown in jail. Others are not quite in such dire countries, but are still in great need of prayer because of the outreach they do with the local community and how what they do often brings the locals to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

My prayer today is that if you are not doing so, please pray for these missionaries throughout the world today and every day from now on. They are a part of the body of Christ that we all belong to and need our spiritual gift of prayer and blessings from our Father in Heaven.
    Will do. Thanks for posting the important reminder!

May God bless you all!
    And you as well!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

My church does sponsor some missionary efforts, particularly our former youth pastor in Japan (he is actually from Japan, and moved back there after serving as pastor with our church for a long time). I am very grateful for he and his family's work, as Japan has an incredibly tiny fraction of the population who identify as Christian.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    My church does sponsor some missionary efforts, particularly our former youth pastor in Japan (he is actually from Japan, and moved back there after serving as pastor with our church for a long time). I am very grateful for he and his family's work, as Japan has an incredibly tiny fraction of the population who identify as Christian.
    That's awesome!