Page 345 of 346 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346 LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 5187
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Today's devotion:

WAITING IS TRUSTING IN THE LORD
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...g-in-the-lord/
    “I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.”---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Today's devotion:

WAITING IS NOT PASSIVE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...s-not-passive/
    “I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.”---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Astonishing Member Old School Ollie 1962's Avatar

Wednesday, November 8, Examining the Scriptures

They saw them from a distance and welcomed them.—Heb. 11:13.

Abraham had so much evidence to demonstrate the reality of what he hoped for that it was as if he could see what he had not actually beheld! Abraham’s faith in God’s promises strengthened his resolve to do the divine will. Acting in faith, he left the city of Ur and refused to take up permanent residence in any of the cities of Canaan. Like Ur, they had shaky foundations because of their ungodly governments. (Josh. 24:2) For the rest of his long life, Abraham “was awaiting the city having real foundations, whose designer and builder is God.” (Heb. 11:10) Abraham “saw” himself living in a permanent place governed by Jehovah. Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and others like them believed in the resurrection of the dead and looked forward to life on earth under God’s Kingdom, “the city having real foundations.” Reflecting on such blessings bolstered their faith in Jehovah.

Today's devotion:

WAITING BECAUSE GOD KEEPS HIS PROMISES
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...-his-promises/

Today's devotion:

WAITING BECAUSE GOD LOVES US
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...-god-loves-us/

Today's devotion:

WAITING FOR GOD’S RESCUE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...r-gods-rescue/

Today's devotion:

WAITING FOR GOD’S JUST WRATH
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...ds-just-wrath/

Today's devotion:

WAITING FOR GOD’S JUSTICE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...-gods-justice/

Today's devotion:

WAITING FOR GOD’S GRACE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue...or-gods-grace/

Spectacular Member

This video talks about ghosts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ComLtOPJwEs

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by KnockBlock View Post

What do you think?
    It's a complete fiction.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

All-New Member

So nice to see a thread for fellow believers!

I have just finished reading Mark today, and I recently finished a one page comic strip inspired by Jesus meeting the blind man Bartimaeus. I hope it will spark imagination and thought about what's written in the Scriptures!

The quality is quite comprimised, so you can click the link below for the full HD version of it!
    http://78.media.tumblr.com/71e7cbabc...o1_r1_1280.png

Mark 10:46-52 Contemporary English Version (CEV)
    Jesus Heals Blind Bartimaeus

46 Jesus and his disciples went to Jericho. And as they were leaving, they were followed by a large crowd. A blind beggar by the name of Bartimaeus son of Timaeus was sitting beside the road. 47 When he heard that it was Jesus from Nazareth, he shouted, “Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!” 48 Many people told the man to stop, but he shouted even louder, “Son of David, have pity on me!”
    49 Jesus stopped and said, “Call him over!”
    They called out to the blind man and said, “Don’t be afraid! Come on! He is calling for you.” 50 The man threw off his coat as he jumped up and ran to Jesus.
    51 Jesus asked, “What do you want me to do for you?”
    The blind man answered, “Master, I want to see!”
    52 Jesus told him, “You may go. Your eyes are healed because of your faith.”
    Right away the man could see, and he went down the road with Jesus.
    Last edited by Mario Jan Marino; 11-13-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Old School Ollie 1962's Avatar

Tuesday, November*14

Look! How good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!—Ps. 133:1.

It is understandable that we might feel some affection for the land, the culture, the language, and the food of the country we were raised in. However, we must avoid the “mine is best” attitude. For our pleasure, Jehovah has created great variety in all things. (Ps. 104:24; Rev. 4:11) So why insist that one way of doing things is superior to another? God wants people of all sorts to come to an accurate knowledge of truth and to enjoy everlasting life. (John 3:16; 1*Tim. 2:3,*4) Open-mindedness toward a diversity of acceptable ideas enriches us and protects our Christian unity. As we maintain our loyalty to Jehovah, we must avoid involvement in the world’s controversies. Partisan allegiances have no place among us. How thankful we are to Jehovah for freeing us from the divisive, prideful, competitive practices that dominate Satan’s world!

I really needed this admonition.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Tuesday, November*14

Look! How good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!—Ps. 133:1.

It is understandable that we might feel some affection for the land, the culture, the language, and the food of the country we were raised in. However, we must avoid the “mine is best” attitude. For our pleasure, Jehovah has created great variety in all things. (Ps. 104:24; Rev. 4:11) So why insist that one way of doing things is superior to another? God wants people of all sorts to come to an accurate knowledge of truth and to enjoy everlasting life. (John 3:16; 1*Tim. 2:3,*4) Open-mindedness toward a diversity of acceptable ideas enriches us and protects our Christian unity. As we maintain our loyalty to Jehovah, we must avoid involvement in the world’s controversies. Partisan allegiances have no place among us. How thankful we are to Jehovah for freeing us from the divisive, prideful, competitive practices that dominate Satan’s world!

I really needed this admonition.
    Nice reminder! As there are so many differences within the Christian faith...to me personally...as long as we can agree that Jesus Christ is The Son of God, we can only be saved by Him (by grace through faith), no other god besides The Trinity, and perhaps a few more fundamental truths, but besides those core beliefs, I believe we should all at least get along! In the very least, have respect for one another.

I know things can get ugly on some Christian forums on Facebook.
    Sometimes our differences completely distract us from what we do have in common, and ultimately hinder our goal in sharing Christ's Good News. I'm guilty here, too. I think it's good to dicuss differences in a civil way, and perhaps one or the other will recieve enlightenment. Everyone cannot know everything, after all. But in the end, as believers in Christ, we should strive for that harmony, so as the body of Christ, we can work effectively.

Great reminder! Thanks, Old School Ollie!

Quote Originally Posted by KnockBlock View Post

What do you think?
    I don't believe in ghosts