Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default will storm have the same down fall as cyclops

Now that mutants are on the edge of oblivion again with no more mutant births and storm seeming to be the new leader of the x-men and mutantkind in cyclops absents will she cross those moral lines that cyclops did and fall from grace

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Now that mutants are on the edge of oblivion again with no more mutant births and storm seeming to be the new leader of the x-men and mutantkind in cyclops absents will she cross those moral lines that cyclops did and fall from grace
    I can defiantly see that Xavier, Cyclops were fallen down from grace earlier. Logan had never any grace in him, so the direction in which the authors go with the leader(s) of the X-Men is clear.
    Storm was also the leader of the X-Force earlier and backed up Logan killing politic even when the current author doesn't do anything to her it is very likely it will be with the next.
    Last edited by TakoM; 09-28-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    Marvel: New Avengers; Ultimates, EXM
    DC: cancelled
    Mangas: Fairy Tail, Nanatsu no Taizai(Seven Deathly Sins), Boku No Hero Academia, World Customize Creator, A Thousand Years Nine Tail.
    Mangas Novel Based : Mushoku Tensei , Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Douluo Dalu I&II(Spirit World)
    Novels: Mushoku Tensei(finished), No Game No Life, Douluo Dalu I&II
    Anime: Dragon Ball Super
    TV: Agent of SHIELD, The Flash

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I think writers will think twice before taking down storm, I remember that the Internet almost imploded after the rumors that John Stewart green Lantern would die, and I'm sure some people were calling DC racists for that (even though it didn't happened). So if Marvel even attempts to do that expect way more than a column of "the mission" in response.

I'm sure it was easier to do that to Cyke because : for starters a lot of people don't particularly like him and he isn't a very iconic character; then he fits the WASP archetype since both of his parents were white, he descends from British immigrants, he's tall and white and lives in a mansion. He's more closer to a metaphor of the ruling class than an excluded minority.

I also remember that in the ANAD avengers interview they were happy not by the fact that they were a more diverse team but by the fact there was only one white member, now consider the fact that a lot of A listers are being replaced by minority characters and add storm to the equation. She represents more closely what the X-Men are supossed to be all about (a minority metaphor according to marvel IMO ), because of that I think she's safe until they need to return to the Cyke status quo, and they'll avoid taking her down hard when that happens, it'll be more like she has to take care of important business thus she leaves the X-Men to Cyke .

Finally I think the X-Men are more about a group of social outcasts and runaways that band together and form their own group rather than a minority metaphor but I think marvel is going for the latter
    Last edited by somacula; 09-27-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Spectacular Member

Wasn't there a previous time when a writer wanted to kill Storm but then editorial shut that down because of the fear of the backlash that would happen? If someone suggested Storm have her own downfall I assume the same thing would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by idiyona View Post
    Wasn't there a previous time when a writer wanted to kill Storm but then editorial shut that down because of the fear of the backlash that would happen? If someone suggested Storm have her own downfall I assume the same thing would happen.
    Hopefully. Shockingly, Bishop's downfall wasn't off-limits. Why, Marvel, why?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by idiyona View Post
    It was before the marriage, if I recall correctly. They just had no idea what to do with her.

Doubt it. I think they'll have that angle covered with Magneto in Uncanny...

Kinda doubt it, that would require her to actually get some development of her own. More likely she'll play the role of 90:s Cyclops, be someone the cool characters can play off against.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Oh god yes.

Editorial have no idea what to do with a strong female character like Storm, they'll grind her down until she's a bitchy commander type and will probably realise Cyclops was right instead of letting her come up with her own solutions.

Probably, give them time and X-men's moral compass will only be Iceman.

Just Iceman, on his own.

In fact, is this the case? *thinks*

That's not an unreasonable question to ask, given how many characters have fallen from grace in recent years. And in the long run, Storm might have the same fall. But I don't think that'll happen anytime soon unless Marvel just really butchers her character, which is always a possibility. Storm, unlike Cyclops and Xavier, doesn't have the same emotional baggage. She hasn't made the same egregious mistakes or kept deep, dark secrets that would undermine the trust and respect of her fellow X-men. She's always been among the most sincere and forthcoming of the X-men. So I think that'll work to her advantage as she takes on a leadership role in the X-men.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    ... kept deep, dark secrets that would undermine the trust and respect of her fellow X-men...
    Give it 15 seconds and the power of the retcon can take care of that.

BANNED

So we all agree that it's harder to take down storm because of positive discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    So we all agree that it's harder to take down storm because of positive discrimination
    Did anyone agree with that?

well they can take down Storm for a lot of reasons. a lot of pressure is going to come down on her, she has mutant dying left and right. no more mutants being born, they are all that they have left. The same spot Cyclops was in, now she has a X-Focre (uncanny x-men) and a safe spot for mutants away from humans (utopia). Beast left and joined the Inhumans (Beast joined the Avengers). all we need now is .....wait for it.......another Schism!!!! but this time it will be Jean who splits the X-Men apart (it could be OML, but for a better story it should be Jean)
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!