Super Moderator

Default Bombshells: An Oral History of the DC Collectibles Line That Exploded In Popularity

The artists and creatives behind DC's pin-up inspired Bombshells discuss its massive, seemingly endless popularity and the line's past and future.

Full article here.

This line would be a great way to re-introduce some of the forgotten heroines of the Golden Age like Phantom Lady, Bulletgirl, and Miss America.

I really love the designs. I find that a lot of them are actually better than they're actual costumes.

2016 Toonami Revival Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'd love to see 2D animated versions of these DC Bombshells characters, with several voice actors from the DCAU returning for the characters. A lot of these designs I feel are far better looking than the current New 52/DC You character designs. In particular, I really like the designs for Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Hawkgirl, and Black Canary.
    Favorite Comics as of February 2016
    DC: Gotham Academy, Batman: Europa, Poison Ivy, New Romancer, Batman/TMNT
    Image: Wayward, Copperhead, The Humans, I Hate Fairyland, Velvet
    Marvel: Ms. Marvel, All-New All-Different Avengers, Old Man Logan, Karnak, X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever
    Boom: Giant Days, Tyson Hesse's Diesel, MMPR, Over the Garden Wall, The Spire
    Other: Invader Zim, Rick and Morty, Superzero, Usagi Yojimbo, Plume

Rookie Member

Great article!
    After collecting all the variant covers and looking at the calendar for most of the year, I finally decided to get some of the statues last month and I love them.

DCB.jpg

this line really was a stroke of genius. pin up models seem to have almost as many female fans as they do male. here's a Jezebel article talking about the appeal of pin up to women:

http://jezebel.com/5884699/why-ladies-like-pin-ups-too

what with the Big Two trying to appeal to both men and women i'm sure Marvel is kicking themselves for not coming up with this one first. i still think there is a lack of diversity in the line. as far as i know there is no Bombshell version of Vixen probably DC's most prominent black female hero. there aren't many Hispanic female superheroes but maybe they can use Power Ring. there hasn't been any GL presents in the Bombshell line except for the Hal variant.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i still think there is a lack of diversity in the line. as far as i know there is no Bombshell version of Vixen probably DC's most prominent black female hero. there aren't many Hispanic female superheroes but maybe they can use Power Ring. there hasn't been any GL presents in the Bombshell line except for the Hal variant.
    Last year Carol Ferris and Arisia were on the GL and GLC variants, I think. I'd love to see a Power Ring design. Fire would be a good choice for a Bombshell, and maybe Renee Montoya Question? I know Katana has a Bombshell design but no statue yet.