Page 116 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2502
    Spectacular Member

I was actually very disappointed with the new movie trailer. When did Hela become so powerful? There is no way she stops Mjolnir in flight and destroys it or that she can destroy Asgard (apparently on her own). Yes, the trailor is very stylized but I am afraid the movie will have no real substance (like the second one) and is too great a departure from the comic. Just my thoughts.

I just read Thor: The Mighty Avenger and loved it. Is there any other similar runs?

art by pencilHead7

Quote Originally Posted by tipper's gore View Post
    I just read Thor: The Mighty Avenger and loved it. Is there any other similar runs?
    Not really no. It is interesting to note that although it is highly praised by critics and many readers it wasn't a commercial success and I think it was cut short from twelve to eight issues. I guess it is a retelling influenced by the movies, and as such is non-cannonical and tricky to replicate.

There have been other interesting minis with questionable cannon like Thor Season One which attempts a similar retelling but with Blake included to make it more compatible with cannon, (I have not actually got around to reading that yet). Thor Son of Asgard is an enjoyable early coming of age tale that plays with mythology very nicely. Astonishing Thor has a cosmic twist and plays in the sandbox that the MCU is now playing with.

I thought Thor was going to get Ultimate Thors hammer from the Marvel Now promotion image. From the latest Unworthy Thor he turned it down. I'm kinda dissapointed from this. What do you guys think?

Default Thor fed sentry to demogorge

Thor fed Sentry to Demogorge!!!!!!!

Untitled.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Gotta ask: who is the snotty-looking kid in the first panel?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quentin Quire
    Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Gorgeous art.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Here's an updated cover

plus more info:

Generations: The Thunder starring The Mighty Thor and The Unworthy Thor Written by Jason Aaron Art by Mahmud Asrar

From the cover image, Coipel's cover is a variant. So I wonder what other covers there are. Also, the cover indicates Unworthy Thor, so does that mean this story takes place now, or is it just for character recognition or that the story spans time. From Thor of the past to the Thors now? I love the artist choice for the issue, so I can't wait for this story!!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

I hope Thor gets a better title then "Unworthy Thor" soon .

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    I was actually very disappointed with the new movie trailer. When did Hela become so powerful? There is no way she stops Mjolnir in flight and destroys it or that she can destroy Asgard (apparently on her own). Yes, the trailor is very stylized but I am afraid the movie will have no real substance (like the second one) and is too great a departure from the comic. Just my thoughts.
    Something I've surmised from the films is that MCU Thor simply isn't as powerful as the comic version. Given the wishy washy "they might be magic/might be aliens" nature of the MCU Asgardians, I don't think the filmmakers perceive Thor and the Asgardian's as mythological in scope or as powerful as seen during the Kirby or Simonson runs.