Page 685 of 722 FirstFirst ... 185585635675681682683684685686687688689695 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,275 of 10826
    Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Ah, okay. There was one particular day when I knew I was getting a huge box of omnis and DE's in the mail, so I kept looking out the window and waiting for my dogs to bark (they go nuts when he goes by), but nothing. About an hour after the time he normally goes by, I decide to go see if I somehow missed him and sure enough, I see him parked on the next corner up about to leave.

I hurried as fast as I could, and waved him down. He saw me coming and got out and smiled (he knows I get a lot of books). When I got to him, he said to me "I rang the door bell, but no one answered", which was weird because the door bell was working. Anyway, I signed off for them and took the big box home. It must have weighed about 60 lbs.

My dogs go crazy whenever the doorbell goes. Unfortunately, the postman got bit in the backside once by one of my dogs when he slipped out of the gate. We were away on holiday and my wife's parents were minding our house and menagerie. Fortunately, the postman, although not too happy, was forgiving. I have my comic books delivered to work. That way I'll always pick them up myself. If I'm away, they'll be waiting my desk as they always get signed by the receptionists.

I still can't believe that the Ennis Punisher omnibus got reprinted even as I hold it in my hands. This book was commanding a shit load of money. And I'm still surprised IST hasn't sold out of it yet for the week either

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I still can't believe that the Ennis Punisher omnibus got reprinted even as I hold it in my hands. This book was commanding a shit load of money. And I'm still surprised IST hasn't sold out of it yet for the week either
    Next up: SA X-Men volume 1! Then Silver Surfer.

Hey, a guy can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Next up: SA X-Men volume 1! Then Silver Surfer.

Hey, a guy can hope.
    While I would buy both of those(even SA X-Men 2), I can go my whole collecting life not owning them and be okay. Ennis Punisher though? Man I loved this stuff. Now I just need that pesky Punisher Max 4 hardcover...

Yeah, it is pretty cool! I actually had an earlier edition. I think I paid about $100 as it was going out of print. When they announced the new one, I sold it on Ebay for about $150, before getting it for $48 at IST. So, over the course of four years maybe, I made $2 off it. Heh.

All that said, when it arrived the other day, it still felt like I owned a $200 plus out-of-print book!

Spectacular Member

While I would buy both of those(even SA X-Men 2), I can go my whole collecting life not owning them and be okay. Ennis Punisher though? Man I loved this stuff. Now I just need that pesky Punisher Max 4 hardcover...
    How much does volume 4 go for these days?
    I never worked out why it was so much harder to find than the other volumes.

I got one for 20 quid a few months ago, bargain of the year

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    How much does volume 4 go for these days?
    I never worked out why it was so much harder to find than the other volumes.
    I imagine its just to do with print runs and the fact that earlier volumes tend to sell more. So, put simply;
    Vols 1-2 sell out quick and get another printing.
    Vol 3 sells out but at a slower rate, eventually gets a second printing.
    Vol 4 eventually sells out, but isnt successful enough to warrant a second print.
    Vol 5-6 dont sell out of its initial run, so copies are still on shelves.
    Currently Reading:
    The Incal by Jodorowsky & Moebius
    Monster by Naoki Urasawa

I've never read a Captain America comic before, but I got the first 3 Epic Collections and am starting at the beginning! I'm pretty excited to start!

I'm bummed out that none of my local grocery stores seem to be carrying the Marvel Digest series. It's pointless for me to buy those at a comic shop.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I've never read a Captain America comic before, but I got the first 3 Epic Collections and am starting at the beginning! I'm pretty excited to start!
    I just read those early tales of suspense issues for the first time a couple months ago. They were better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I imagine its just to do with print runs and the fact that earlier volumes tend to sell more. So, put simply;
    Vols 1-2 sell out quick and get another printing.
    Vol 3 sells out but at a slower rate, eventually gets a second printing.
    Vol 4 eventually sells out, but isnt successful enough to warrant a second print.
    Vol 5-6 dont sell out of its initial run, so copies are still on shelves.
    This is a good assessment. Plus, vol. 6 isn't an Ennis book. My LCS actually has a bunch of those in his half off bins.

It's not an Ennis Punisher MAX ohc collection without Born and From First to Last...

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    It's not an Ennis Punisher MAX ohc collection without Born and From First to Last...
    Yes...agreed. It's too bad, Marvel couldn't also have collected the Barracuda mini as well.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes...agreed. It's too bad, Marvel couldn't also have collected the Barracuda mini as well.
    Completely agree, I have the full OHC Collection, but it is so annoying that it misses Barracuda.
    If / when they Omni the collection, do you think they will do a pure "by Ennis" across 2 volumes or everything up to Aaron's Omnibus?
    If they split the 6x Complete Collections, it would all fit into 2x Omni - but they'd be massive c.50 issue books.

Personally, I want it all - if they go the "by Ennis" route, I can't see them doing a "Volume 3 by everyone else" Omni