Page 687 of 690 FirstFirst ... 187587637677683684685686687688689690 LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,305 of 10348
    Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Damn shame that Monsterbus crap (a vol 2 no less!) pushes more units than JiM. It's a modern classic, and deserves to be owned in the best format available

Also thought there'd be more demand for NTT, especially the way the original 1st volume was built
    Yes, I also thought that was a low number for the Loki Omni. It may be that not enough were ordered as I noticed that IST went out of stock relatively quickly after it premiered, only to get more in a week or two later. It may very well get a reentry next month.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Lol - I think that was MY purchase last July!
    Captain Britain Omnibus was my last big want. Seller wanted 200 for it, but accepted 150 including shipping.
    I spent ages hunting it on eBay for a good price, but everyone wanted in excess of 200 at least.

They didn't come on very often and I don't remember seeing any sealed.
    Yeah I was lucky, I nabbed it not too long after it went oop for just under cover price. The variant cover goes for a lot more too

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Yeah I was lucky, I nabbed it not too long after it went oop for just under cover price. The variant cover goes for a lot more too
    Is the variant his original uniform or his better known Excalibur era outfit?

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The complete estimated comic book sales figures for August 2017 are in ....
    86. Marvel Masterworks: The Savage She-Hulk HC Vol. 1 - 1,098
    98. Monsters Vol. 2: The Marvel Monsterbus By Lee, Lieber & Kirby - 1,030
    104. Loki Journey Into Mystery By Kieron Gillen Omnibus - 990
    116. The Punisher: Suicide Run TPB - 921
    179. Sif Journey Into Mystery: Complete Collection - 655
    259. Marvel Universe By Chris Claremont Omnibus - 483

For the sake of comparison, DC's Omnibus sales in August:
    101. Legion of Super Heroes The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,001
    I'm stoked that the Monsters vol.2 Omni sold that well. I know some think it's a head scratcher but I feel it shows there is a fanbase for these fantasy/sci-fi generic tales as told by the Legends of the Industry. I suspect random creative team on 50s era books would not do well, still it's Stan Lee and as evidenced Stan still sells books. Stan is The Man!
    I didn't buy it but glad to see Savage She-Hulk MMW come in high. I've got those singles and enjoy them. Hope it bodes well for an Omni of the material a few years down as I'd snatch that up, sell my singles.
    JiM: Loki, thought this would come in higher. I bought it as a blind buy(not started it yet) but have heard so much hype on it I figured it would be a 1600unit mover. Vocal minority?
    Punisher Suicide Run TPB I feel that's a strong number and likely a precursor to the numbers we'll see this time in October on the Ennis reprint and Back to the War Omnis. I expect one or both will be 1500 units+ With the Punisher Netflix show I think we may see additional Omnis of "Modern Age" Punisher coming at us. I say Modern Age but mean 90s era as I firmly believe 90s era & Modern Age are now separate but I digress.
    JiM: Sif TPB - If this had been just an OHC I would've gotten it. Trying to minimize my TPBs at this point. I enjoyed her run and was bummed all those SJW shouting for good female titles didn't stay with this so it would have had a longer run. I guess her run at the title was just too much ahead of the Millennial Diversity Push train.
    Marvel Universe by Chris Claremont - OUCH, but not surprised. I enjoy Claremont as I'm sure many do but I feel most want/expect an Omni's theme to be character/team driven so as to show progression of a certain property. Which is why Punisher Back to the War is going to do well. This and Mavel Now along with Marvel 90s Firsts are the worst type of Omnis cause it's not what the market for these books wants. The units moved bears that out. I wouldn't even get the book at ridiculous clearance. I passed on Mavel Now Omni when it was $6 on Amazon in a glitch, waste of shelf space.

Legion of Super Heroes: Silver Age Omni (DC) - I went back & forth on this but ultimately decided to get it cause it's price for content was reasonable. It's a blind buy and I must be single buyer who pushed it just over the mark to 1001 units!! LOL!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    I wanted to buy the planet/world war hulk omnibus but for the money i think im going to stick with the paperbacks.
    I am looking at getting these trades.
    Planet Hulk Prelude
    Planet Hulk
    World War Hulk

Is there any other trades i should get or those 3 good enough?
    I have the Prelude, WWH: X-Men and Heroes for Hire: WWH trades for sale.

My opinion is bias as I am flogging them, but I really enjoyed HfH material, X-Men issues and the Ghost Rider issues (within the X-Men trade).

I have the Prelude, WWH: X-Men and Heroes for Hire: WWH trades for sale.

My opinion is bias as I am flogging them, but I really enjoyed HfH material, X-Men issues and the Ghost Rider issues (within the X-Men trade).
    Are x-men and heroes for hire out of print? Cant see many for sale on amazon and ebay.

Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Is the variant his original uniform or his better known Excalibur era outfit?
    The Variant Cover is the original CB uniform. I have the regular cover but I'm not complaining as I picked it up new for under cover a year or so after it had gone OOP. The original uniform is my favourite, probably because I grew up with it and also I honestly can say it's the coolest uniform but I also like the khaki/soldier type uniform he had during the Revolutionary War event.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Variant Cover is the original CB uniform. I have the regular cover but I'm not complaining as I picked it up new for under cover a year or so after it had gone OOP. The original uniform is my favourite, probably because I grew up with it and also I honestly can say it's the coolest uniform but I also like the khaki/soldier type uniform he had during the Revolutionary War event.
    Lol - I'm the other way; I got introduced to him as part of early Excalibur issues, so I love that uniform. I have the variant original uniform cover version of the omnibus.

Amazing Member

Are x-men and heroes for hire out of print? Cant see many for sale on amazon and ebay.
    I believe so, took me a while to find the WWH: X-Men tpb for a reasonable price

I believe so, took me a while to find the WWH: X-Men tpb for a reasonable price
    Whats the price on those?

Amazing Member

I believe those issues are also reprinted in the X-Men vs Hulk Tpb which should be easily available. So no need to track down the OOP volume. Plus the Hulk Annual also in this Volume is a pretty good read.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    I believe those issues are also reprinted in the X-Men vs Hulk Tpb which should be easily available. So no need to track down the OOP volume. Plus the Hulk Annual also in this Volume is a pretty good read.
    Yeah, depends if you want a collection of various Hulk vs X-Men tales or the tie-ins to the event.

Amazing Member

That I paid? I think it cost me about 25 including postage.
    If you meant me selling, I have Prelude, WWH:X-Men and HfH: WWH on eBay as one lot for 30 at the moment.

If you're interested, just message me on eBay, we can work something out and I can finish auction early.
    Last edited by jm21; 09-12-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I've never read a Captain America comic before, but I got the first 3 Epic Collections and am starting at the beginning! I'm pretty excited to start!
    I really enjoyed early Cap, great artwork, to the point, often quirky stories and always ends in a good 'ol fashion Cap brawl.

Punisher Suicide Run numbers show how starved we have been for collected editions of 80s/90s Punisher. Him and Ghost Rider were the two most popular characters of the time and yet have been virtually ignored in collected editions reprints.